Kitchener Rangers 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
What? People think it's a beer league or what, but the league is easily better than OHL. Though we can all agree that it's still unclear which option would be better for Mesar in terms of development.
I didn't see the Slovak reporter mention "beer league" - just had the opinion that the level of competition for Mesar was low. And you've seen OHL games?...

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Learned that season ticket holders will not likely hear about their tickets until the end of August. Rangers are waiting to hear whether they will be allowed 100% attendance at the Aud. As for me, fully vaxed and ready!

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Learned that season ticket holders will not likely hear about their tickets until the end of August. Rangers are waiting to hear whether they will be allowed 100% attendance at the Aud. As for me, fully vaxed and ready!

There is a lot of talk about vaccine passports and, I personally, would like to see proof of vaccination before attending any large events. For the record, I am fully vaccinated as well, and a germaphobe going back even before the COVID outbreak. There is nothing worse than someone coughing and wheezing away beside you. Vaccinations don't mean you cannot get COVID, but it lessens the chances of you dying from it. Anti-vaxers.....stay away from our Kitchener Rangers! LOL!

LolaT200

Feb 10, 2020
I agree. Even though fully vaccinated there is a chance (however small) of catching Covid. If I'm going to sit in a building with 7,000 other people I want to know that everyone is vaccinated. I have no idea what a practical implementation of that would look like though.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
I agree. Even though fully vaccinated there is a chance (however small) of catching Covid. If I'm going to sit in a building with 7,000 other people I want to know that everyone is vaccinated. I have no idea what a practical implementation of that would look like though.

OK, How about this: In order to purchase seasons tickets, the buyer has to show official documentation that they've been fully vaccinated. Those tickets are then marked to show the holder has shown proof of vaccination. If there is less than 100% seating capacity, those season ticket holders get first dibs on available seating.

Any walk-up buyers would have to present official documentation to buy a ticket. No proof=no sale. I realize that this will be problematic for kids under 12, but hopefully those kids will be vaccinated prior to the start of the school year, or before the season opener.

Reactions: JoelKRangers

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

OK, How about this: In order to purchase seasons tickets, the buyer has to show official documentation that they've been fully vaccinated. Those tickets are then marked to show the holder has shown proof of vaccination. If there is less than 100% seating capacity, those season ticket holders get first dibs on available seating.

Any walk-up buyers would have to present official documentation to buy a ticket. No proof=no sale. I realize that this will be problematic for kids under 12, but hopefully those kids will be vaccinated prior to the start of the school year, or before the season opener.
There's realistically no "perfect" way to implement it. There will always be grey area. Even for STH's, if they can't make a game and pawn the tickets off to someone who is not vaccinated but the ticket says the actual STH is vaccinated, there's a loophole.

The other option, check each and every person at the gate. This would be extremely time consuming and illogical as it would take an hour just to get in the building.

Whatever teams come up with, there will likely be some sort of loophole or way around it and we will just have to accept it. It's virtually impossible to make sure 7000 people in one building are all vaccinated.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
TSN final listing for the NHL draft........

upload_2021-7-20_9-56-47.png

Using last team played on.......which of course was not the Rangers because of the pandemic.

upload_2021-7-20_9-50-21.png

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
No word that I've seen whether fully vaxed fans can attend. And I always enjoyed popping it to see training camp but I would think that will depend on any health restrictions at the time.
There’s already some sort of indoor sports events going on with fans in Guelph that Ive seen Sean Furfaro at on social media. Can’t see why there won’t be able to be fans at camp come September.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
No word that I've seen whether fully vaxed fans can attend. And I always enjoyed popping it to see training camp but I would think that will depend on any health restrictions at the time.
Today Ontario Science Table Doctors are recommending the issue of Vaccine Certificates. Premier Ford is on record saying Vaccine Certificates will not be issued. Unless he changes his mind it will not happen.

Without Vaccine Certificates I don't see how we move past Stage 3 which limits us to 1000 people at indoor events. I don't think individual facilities will be able to operate requesting people be fully vaccinated without certificates being issued.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
So assuming this gets finalized, Sebrango still could be back in Kitchener. But if I’m MM, I’m preparing for a Sebrango-less D core for this season. From the sounds of it, Detroit really likes him and he’s already got a full (shortened, but was there the whole year) season under his belt. As mentioned above, after 30+ AHL games where he seemingly held his own, it seems like a huge step backwards for him to come back to Kitchener and dominate 16 and 17 year olds who haven’t played an OHL game before.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
So assuming this gets finalized, Sebrango still could be back in Kitchener. But if I’m MM, I’m preparing for a Sebrango-less D core for this season. From the sounds of it, Detroit really likes him and he’s already got a full (shortened, but was there the whole year) season under his belt. As mentioned above, after 30+ AHL games where he seemingly held his own, it seems like a huge step backwards for him to come back to Kitchener and dominate 16 and 17 year olds who haven’t played an OHL game before.
If they are ready for the AHL, I say that's where they should play!
Don't hold kids back if they are ready!

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Also of note: just about everyone I’ve seen who covers the Grand Rapids Griffins is saying there’s no reason he should be back in Kitchener.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
If they are ready for the AHL, I say that's where they should play!
Don't hold kids back if they are ready!

I get that. I really do. But do you mean as a one time thing or going forward?

This could be one step closer to either the abolition of the NHL/CHL agreement regarding underaged players playing in the minor pros or perhaps some exemptions to the rule.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I get that. I really do. But do you mean as a one time thing or going forward?

This could be one step closer to either the abolition of the NHL/CHL agreement regarding underaged players playing in the minor pros or perhaps some exemptions to the rule.
Going forward with some exemptions. I think the old rule was archaic and it may be hindering recruiting players in the future.
BTW....Dont ask what the exemptions would be! ;)

Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Going forward with some exemptions. I think the old rule was archaic and it may be hindering recruiting players in the future.
BTW....Dont ask what the exemptions would be! ;)

In some respects, I believe it does hinder the recruiting process. No doubt there are players drafted into the OHL who choose not to show up until after their NHL draft year just in the event they could get into the AHL at 19 years old.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Not having Sebrango would leave them with 4 players on the back end with Schmidt, Xhekaj, Motew and LeBlanc.

Their options to sign within are thin. We haven’t heard much about if they will be able to get Calle Odelius to report assuming Mesar isn’t coming over. It sounds like George Fegaras is NCAA bound at some point. Matthew Andonovski will probably get signed but that still leaves probably 2 spots.

At first I was hoping they would add an OA forward to upgrade on Dickerson. But with Mesar likely not reporting and now potentially losing Sebrango, I’m starting to think they won’t be able to go all the way in. There’s lots of options available so they could likely get a cheap OA D-man similar to the way they added Cole Cameron in 2018-19 to add some experience and leadership.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Today Ontario Science Table Doctors are recommending the issue of Vaccine Certificates. Premier Ford is on record saying Vaccine Certificates will not be issued. Unless he changes his mind it will not happen.

Without Vaccine Certificates I don't see how we move past Stage 3 which limits us to 1000 people at indoor events. I don't think individual facilities will be able to operate requesting people be fully vaccinated without certificates being issued.
I don't know about other regions but everyone who had been double dosed has proof of this. In fact, we were told to hold onto it as verification at Boardwalk. It's our "certificate" as far as I'm concerned. If this is required to get in, I'll show it. Not a biggie.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I don't know about other regions but everyone who had been double dosed has proof of this. In fact, we were told to hold onto it as verification at Boardwalk. It's our "certificate" as far as I'm concerned. If this is required to get in, I'll show it. Not a biggie.

That and gov’t issued photo (health/driver’s) id is all that is needed. Spending millions on a new form of id is silly.

Reactions: Ward Cornell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad