Kitchener Rangers 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2009
Mitchell Martin has been playing with the Rayside-Balfour Canadiens to start this season. Off to a bit of a slower start with only 1 point in 4 games. The teams been pretty bad though, only a combined 4 goals in their first 4 games.

He’s listed at 6’4 209 pounds now, as well
He's factored in on 25% of his teams total scoring this season, that's pretty good! ;)

Reactions: MatthewsMoustache

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Is there contact in the league Martin is playing in with COVID restrictions?

although I believe he scored tonight, it could be that he’s having trouble adjusting to non-body checking hockey as I think I remember him being a physical player?

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario

although I believe he scored tonight, it could be that he’s having trouble adjusting to non-body checking hockey as I think I remember him being a physical player?

There is no contact which completely shifts the landscape of player effectiveness.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

Brown also just wrote an article about him. He’s having trouble seeing with the bubble instead of a visor.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
I'd say that Martin is doing pretty well...
upload_2020-11-27_12-10-19.png

K2

Jun 11, 2015
I noticed ROW Public Health's active COVID outbreak list includes a 9 case 'hockey related' outbreak. No details given but hopefully those infected fully recover asap.

JoelKRangers

Aug 31, 2018
Can't even imagine how excited I'd be if tonight was OHL Opening Night like it was scheduled to be. Hopefully February 4th turns out to be the actual night. Can't wait!

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Can't even imagine how excited I'd be if tonight was OHL Opening Night like it was scheduled to be. Hopefully February 4th turns out to be the actual night. Can't wait!

Closer than some people realize. Camps open only a few weeks after the holiday season. Hopefully things start to settle down between now and then.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I hate to be cynical, but I just have zero faith in people's ability to deprive themselves of social interactions, especially over the holidays. Essentially, I see four groups of people that cover all of society right now:

- Those who don't give a damn about others and are violating guidelines left and right (probably 10%)
- Those who say they're following the rules but turn around have aunts and uncles over or playdates for kids (probably 50%)
- Those who have no choice due to work commitments (probably 20%)
- Those who actually follow the guidelines to a T, hunker down and help kill this thing. (the remaining 20%)

You'll note that 3 of the 4 groups are just keeping this spread going. So I have little faith.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I hate to be cynical, but I just have zero faith in people's ability to deprive themselves of social interactions, especially over the holidays. Essentially, I see four groups of people that cover all of society right now:

- Those who don't give a damn about others and are violating guidelines left and right (probably 10%)
- Those who say they're following the rules but turn around have aunts and uncles over or playdates for kids (probably 50%)
- Those who have no choice due to work commitments (probably 20%)
- Those who actually follow the guidelines to a T, hunker down and help kill this thing. (the remaining 20%)

You'll note that 3 of the 4 groups are just keeping this spread going. So I have little faith.
I also suspect numbers 2 and 3 will slide into the 1 group due to illusion that the vaccine is just around the corner while its months away.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
the season feels like a pipe dream at this point.

It’s felt that way for a long time IMO.

From an outside perspective, no one’s got an answer to the tough questions regarding the season, so they just keep kicking it down the road with the hope that things will get better by then. They aren’t. It seems there are too many logistical obstacles that they can’t find a reasonable answer to for a season to happen.

Reactions: rangersblues

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
It’s felt that way for a long time IMO.

From an outside perspective, no one’s got an answer to the tough questions regarding the season, so they just keep kicking it down the road with the hope that things will get better by then. They aren’t. It seems there are too many logistical obstacles that they can’t find a reasonable answer to for a season to happen.
It’ll come down to where there’s a vaccine or not

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It's going to be really strange if they miss this year and a chunk of (or all of 21-22). It will basically be a clean slate for a lot of teams with all the players that would age out/move on.

Reactions: JoelKRangers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->