Kitchener Rangers 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
There is still a lot of uncertainty with regards to the vaccine. The season will be well over by the time they figure out the logistics.
The prime minister said that the country will be distributing the vaccine in the first 3 months of the year, which would line up with the season.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
The prime minister said that the country will be distributing the vaccine in the first 3 months of the year, which would line up with the season.

He's pulling a "Trump". It is similar to the Sports Minister stating that there will be no body checking in hockey. It is really up to Pfizer as to when the drug will be ready.

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
He's pulling a "Trump". It is similar to the Sports Minister stating that there will be no body checking in hockey. It is really up to Pfizer as to when the drug will be ready.
Pfizer has stated that they will have 50 million ready by the end of 2020 and that they will have 1.3 million for 2021. Canada has also secured 20 million doses from just Pfizer alone, plus more from other companies.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Pfizer has stated that they will have 50 million ready by the end of 2020 and that they will have 1.3 million for 2021. Canada has also secured 20 million doses from just Pfizer alone, plus more from other companies.

So did Pfizer state that the first batch is going to Canada? Did the "other" companies report a "break through" as well? As this article hints, there are still a lot of question marks...........

6 key questions about the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
So did Pfizer state that the first batch is going to Canada? Did the "other" companies report a "break through" as well? As this article hints, there are still a lot of question marks...........

6 key questions about the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine
Sorry if I was coming off as someone that is trying to prove you wrong. Just trying to be hopeful and positive that we will get a season underway and that we could potentially have fans attend some games as well.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Sorry if I was coming off as someone that is trying to prove you wrong. Just trying to be hopeful and positive that we will get a season underway and that we could potentially have fans attend some games as well.

I don't think that at all......no offence taken. You have the optimism that I once had. It's just that throughout this crisis, I have heard a lot of expertise altering their opinions. The no bodychecking thing I was quite vocal about. But remember, even our Health Minister at one point said, "We don't need masks", and a month later it was, "But masks do help", and then recently, "And the 3 layer ones are the better ones". I suppose I have taken a "wait and see" approach.

I am truly looking forward to the upcoming season no matter when it starts or how long it will be. The kids showed us last year that the future looks bright. The kids and MM. I will be watching on the TV but I am sure there are many, more dedicated fans that will attend in person, if allowed. In fact, with us STH's out of the way, it will give the fans that normally sit in the rafters an opportunity to experience the game closer to the glass.

Last edited:

Medway Bear

Sep 8, 2011

It is great there is a vaccine that works for 90% of people, but I am not dancing in the streets yet. 20 million doses is enough for 10 million people as everyone requires 2 doses. so at 90% that's 9 million people or 25% of the population of Canada. Not enough for herd immunity either. So great start, more vaccines and doses are required for everyone. I am hoping (don't know) that by the middle of 2021 there will be sufficient vaccine for everyone and 2021-22 will be a normal season. However the middle of 2021 is about as far off as the first cases appearing in Canada.

In the mean time The Region is already at level 2 and the way things are going we will be at level 3 soon, where if I read the levels correctly, there will be no spectators at sporting events in The Region. Hopefully we will get cases back down again.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
It is great there is a vaccine that works for 90% of people, but I am not dancing in the streets yet. 20 million doses is enough for 10 million people as everyone requires 2 doses. so at 90% that's 9 million people or 25% of the population of Canada. Not enough for herd immunity either. So great start, more vaccines and doses are required for everyone. I am hoping (don't know) that by the middle of 2021 there will be sufficient vaccine for everyone and 2021-22 will be a normal season. However the middle of 2021 is about as far off as the first cases appearing in Canada.

In the mean time The Region is already at level 2 and the way things are going we will be at level 3 soon, where if I read the levels correctly, there will be no spectators at sporting events in The Region. Hopefully we will get cases back down again.

in theory, as long as the vaccinate the first responders and those high risk, the rest of us should be able to opperate ok. i believe 80 percent of the cases have no symptoms (something like that), we wont stay locked down if they only ones left at risk are the ones who are fairly safe from the virus.

Reactions: Matttheleaf

LolaT200

Feb 10, 2020
Donovan Sebrango has become an Ambassador for the National Service Dog organization in Cambridge.
There is a campaign to raise $1,500. to have a puppy named Ranger.
Here's the link.
National Service Dogs | Donate Now
Let's try to get the puppy named before Donovan heads off to Team Canada World Juniors camp on Nov. 16.
Please pass the link on to other Rangers fans.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Donovan Sebrango has become an Ambassador for the National Service Dog organization in Cambridge.

Good for Donovan and putting his time behind such a great cause. Challenge is there always seems to be a zillion good causes and never enough money to go around? But cheers and hope he meets his goal ASAP.

Reactions: JoelKRangers

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Great to see all of the players that have gotten involved in the community over the long offseason. Isaac Langdon with Ducky Brand Apparel (mental health), Reid Valade with Hockey Gives Blood, Jesse Fishman with Colorectal Cancer Canada and now Donovan Sebrango with National Service Dogs.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Great to see all of the players that have gotten involved in the community over the long offseason.
For sure the media jumps all over these kids when they screw up but tend to forget there are a lot of well raised and responsible kids out there to. This is where I tend to get conflicted a little over the Covid relief spending and whether government subsidies should be supplied. No disrespect to the Hunters as an example but I do believe the Knights are a rather large source of income for them and it seems odd to offer them monies but of course London and even Kitchener are somewhat a part of a small minority of OHL teams as most are not generators of great revenue / profit. I appreciate much different business models but the Rangers have to be generating positive cash flow when operating.

Last edited:

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Barrie’s Brandt Clarke just signed in Sweden for the remainder of their season (ends March 13th before 4 weeks of playoffs). He’s expected to be a top pick in this year’s NHL draft.

Could Francesco Pinelli go the same way? The Jack Wismer trade would make much more sense if he was coming here to fill Pinelli’s spot until 21-22

Medway Bear

Sep 8, 2011
Barrie’s Brandt Clarke just signed in Sweden for the remainder of their season (ends March 13th before 4 weeks of playoffs). He’s expected to be a top pick in this year’s NHL draft.

Could Francesco Pinelli go the same way? The Jack Wismer trade would make much more sense if he was coming here to fill Pinelli’s spot until 21-22

The colour analyst for Barrie Colts games said on Twitter

Gene Pereira
@GenePereira1
4h
Told Clarke’s loan only up to start of OHL season. Once OHL starts up, he’ll be back in Barrie.

Reactions: MatthewsMoustache

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Nov. 19 | Practice lines for Team White
upload_2020-11-19_13-50-6.png

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Are these games televised anywhere or are just the highlights available? I'm so desperate for hockey, I'm watching the Q on TVA.

You can watch them live on the Hockey Canada website. Craig Button and the Red Deer Rebels commentator announce the game

Reactions: nelli27

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Mitchell Martin has been playing with the Rayside-Balfour Canadiens to start this season. Off to a bit of a slower start with only 1 point in 4 games. The teams been pretty bad though, only a combined 4 goals in their first 4 games.

He’s listed at 6’4 209 pounds now, as well

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Rayside Balfour usually has a very competitive team. Hopefully they find some of their mojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad