Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Another option might be if Hayton is sent back to the Soo.

If he is returned to the OHL, and should the Soo decide to trade him, I believe he will be the number one most expensive player moved at the deadline.

So any deal for Hayton, should be massive. I expect a comparable to the Robertson deal from Kingston to Niagara last year.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
If he is returned to the OHL, and should the Soo decide to trade him, I believe he will be the number one most expensive player moved at the deadline.

So any deal for Hayton, should be massive. I expect a comparable to the Robertson deal from Kingston to Niagara last year.
If he comes back ( Hayton) I agree he will be the top plum but I can't really see who is going to #1 have the assets #2 willing to go all in with that much committed to 1 player? I guess at this point it is hard to tell which team will go a full on Guelph this year. Guesses would be Flint or Saginaw maybe Ottawa? Just not seeing that type of move in Kitchener.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018

Just mentioned Hayton as it would be similar to Noel in the context of the Bracco / Stanley scenario. The Soo looks to be gunning for 2020-2021, same as Oshawa. Not sure what the other half of the deal would look like, Vuko perhaps?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
If he comes back ( Hayton) I agree he will be the top plum but I can't really see who is going to #1 have the assets #2 willing to go all in with that much committed to 1 player? I guess at this point it is hard to tell which team will go a full on Guelph this year. Guesses would be Flint or Saginaw maybe Ottawa? Just not seeing that type of move in Kitchener.

London? They have a ton of high picks in the cupboard. They also have enough young players and may be willing to part with an 02 high and player.

Their record isn't too hot right now but before the season started they were considered to be at or near the top of the conference this year.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Just mentioned Hayton as it would be similar to Noel in the context of the Bracco / Stanley scenario. The Soo looks to be gunning for 2020-2021, same as Oshawa. Not sure what the other half of the deal would look like, Vuko perhaps?

It would have to be Vuko. He's the only high and 01 we have on the roster. That means, we'd be taking next year off from being a top contender. Then we go back all in again for 21-22 when our 02's and 03's are the core of our team.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
London? They have a ton of high picks in the cupboard. They also have enough young players and may be willing to part with an 02 high and player.

Their record isn't too hot right now but before the season started they were considered to be at or near the top of the conference this year.
True enough - London is a good possibility.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017

Thinking the same. And correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that London had a slow start last season but once settled in, rose up the ranks quickly.

K2

Jun 11, 2015
Thinking the same. And correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that London had a slow start last season but once settled in, rose up the ranks quickly.

I think they were around 5-5 through 10 last year then rose to the top and 1-9 the year before and rose to 5th ... though with rough exits in the playoffs both years.

VERY early days yet but this could be a punt year if Knights goaltending and D doesn’t start looking up by the deadline and the cost to remedy + load up to contend is steep, especially with resources in abundance becoming extra important next year when the MemCup is in the O with a host TBD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rangers True Blue

K2

Jun 11, 2015
Interesting ... Justin Wu played one game for the Utica Jr. Comets NCDC team in mid-September, lost 6-1 and now is now noted as inactive on their roster behind 3 other goalies.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
2 huge losses.. hopefully not too long term. Valade probably slides up to Damiani’s line for the time being and Langdon reunites with Petizian, Stepien

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Hopefully we get some good news on Hawel and Sebrango tomorrow. Tho, Sebrango didn’t look particularly good heading off the ice.

On the bright side, this slides Motew back in the lineup for at least a game. I know we’re contenders but he’s a high profile American addition, gotta keep him playing or other high ranked Americans will notice.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Isaac Langdon centring Rupoli and Dickerson on the 4th line. Serpa, Fishman, Motew out

Why is Rupoli playing F on the 4th line?? He's no Gareffa and frankly, that 4th line tonight just didn't have the same zip that Serpa and Fishman provide. Would have preferred Serpa Langdon Fishman.

I sure hope Sebrango is OK. He didn't look like he knew what his name was when they skated him off the ice. Unfortunate because he was really wreaking havoc up to then. Not sure what happened to Hawel. Anyone at the game see it?

Last edited:

K2

Jun 11, 2015
Any idea where he is right now?

During Saturday night's game, Mike Farwell mentioned that Joey was just hanging around mom & dad's house now.

We've got an open OA spot while Hawel is sidelined and perhaps a few games would help (win-win) JG to get back in the O?

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoBlue

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
During Saturday night's game, Mike Farwell mentioned that Joey was just hanging around mom & dad's house now.

We've got an open OA spot while Hawel is sidelined and perhaps a few games would help (win-win) JG to get back in the O?

I was thinking that myself.

Reactions: K2

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Year after year, it is frustrating to see all these major injuries that we incur. Do all teams go through this or am I just being Ranger blind? Can't say that we have smallish players as we have Hawel out and the likes of Connor Hall in the past. Are we not coaching our kids on "how to take a hit"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->