Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolaT200

Feb 10, 2020
Yup. Two bad giveaways at the Erie blue line. Our entry usually works, but on that power play two guys tried to carry the puck through the Erie defense by themselves. That's not how it's supposed to work.
Once inside the blue line we did look a lot better than before though.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
I am still very worried. All that warm and fuzzy feeling over the comeback win in Hamilton.....a team that is not very good. Sort of deflected how bad we looked against London and Saginaw. Even Erie before that needed us to get the empty netter and they played up tough last night. Final test.........Flint tonight and London Tuesday March 3rd. As I mentioned in an earlier post........we need to fix things fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: EvenSteven

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Brownie's column states that Meireles is out on that hit on Kischnick who was taken to GRH. Erie says there was an elbow to the head and Rangers reviewed the tape and deny it.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Brownie's column states that Meireles is out on that hit on Kischnick who was taken to GRH. Erie says there was an elbow to the head and Rangers reviewed the tape and deny it.

I remember. No call on the play.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

the OHL needs to get its act together when it comes to how long it takes to hand out suspensions.

they had to of reviewed it if they suspended him right? if they reviewed it enough to suspend him, why not determine the amount of games then too?

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
FYI. MM is not too happy with Erie sending in the tape after their coached went to the refs room and ripped them a new one. He said the player injured played half the game with his chin strap undone and when he was hit his helmet flew off. He didn't think it was a hit to the head. Said he doesn't believe in sending clips in to the league but might send one in now of the import being hit in the head by an Erie player and having to leave the game. Also said he will be watching future Erie games for missed infractions and possibly send in tapes. All is fair in love and war.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
FYI. MM is not too happy with Erie sending in the tape after their coached went to the refs room and ripped them a new one. He said the player injured played half the game with his chin strap undone and when he was hit his helmet flew off. He didn't think it was a hit to the head. Said he doesn't believe in sending clips in to the league but might send one in now of the import being hit in the head by an Erie player and having to leave the game. Also said he will be watching future Erie games for missed infractions and possibly send in tapes. All is fair in love and war.

have to love the passion of MM. I would be more than happy to see him keep the coaching job

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Congratulations to the Rangers on tonight's 4-1 victory in Flint snapping the Firebirds 15 game winning streak.

Flint lost this game during the time when they out shot Kitchener 15-1 to start the game and couldn't dent the net...that was the turning point of this game......that and Ingham's stellar goaltending the rest of the way gave the Rangers the momentum which led them to the victory.

It's going to be an interesting regular season finish and playoffs, especially when its one of your teams who can be considered as serious contenders.

Hopefully looking forward to making some trips to Kitchener during the playoffs. It's my favorite place to visit in the OHL and the Rangers fans have always been so very nice to us during our past visits.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Big win vs Flint. Ingham and Petizian with monster games.

Big win is right. Great game to watch too! But if not for Ingham, we lose period. The dude is easily the runaway favorite as team MVP.

I said last year and early this year that Petizian could be a Micheal Catenacci but with grit and jam by the time he hits his OA year. Looks to me I was right except it’s come a lot earlier! He has the same tenacity for his size and is approaching the same offensive output, but brings the physicality that Catenacci didn’t have in his game.

He could be wearing a letter as soon as next year and as far as I’m concerned, that letter would be the C.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Didn't bend...didn't break. Rangers came into Flint against the red hot Firebirds. Valade not back and Meireles pulled because a non-call in the game against Erie was sent in to the OHL resulting in a suspension. Now, perhaps...just perhaps the OHL should NOT lay out a suspension until they have had time to review the supposed infraction.

As noted here by Bobber.....MM and staff have reviewed the video clip of the hit...even in slow mo...and there was no contact to the head....zip. Instead, helmets tend to fly off when chin straps aren't properly in place. Fortunately, the loss of Meireles didn't affect the game. Hopefully, the OHL has their glasses on when they review the tape...

Meanwhile, the birds came at the Rangers with a blitzkrieg of shots. But Ingham hasn't lost his mojo as some feared...HE was the one who was red hot. Then Petizian...a reincarnation of Catenacci only relentless...scored! Then it was the Rangers who took the play to Flint in the 2nd with none other than young rookie Serpa (love that kid) who didn't waste time popping it past Popovich. Then 2 more Rangers goals in the 3rd to stop Flint's game run at 15 and BOOM....for now....back in 1st place.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017

the OHL needs to get its act together when it comes to how long it takes to hand out suspensions.

they had to of reviewed it if they suspended him right? if they reviewed it enough to suspend him, why not determine the amount of games then too?

You have to wonder though if they suspended prior to truly investigating it. Is this how they handle suspensions? Especially when there was no call on the play. There was no call on the Ottaveinen hit to the head. Perhaps Rangers should send that video clip in? No matter...IMHO...for non-calls in a game, investigation FIRST and then suspension if it warrants it. Now, if they see what the Rangers staff see....no hit to the head...Meireles and the team have been punished for nothing.

Reactions: MatthewsMoustache

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Is some guy named Barclay Branch still Vice President of Hockey Operations and General Manager in Flint? When a league like the OHL isn't transparent about suspensions etc it leaves itself wide open to all sorts of questions.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Big win is right. Great game to watch too! But if not for Ingham, we lose period. The dude is easily the runaway favorite as team MVP.

I said last year and early this year that Petizian could be a Micheal Catenacci but with grit and jam by the time he hits his OA year. Looks to me I was right except it’s come a lot earlier! He has the same tenacity for his size and is approaching the same offensive output, but brings the physicality that Catenacci didn’t have in his game.

He could be wearing a letter as soon as next year and as far as I’m concerned, that letter would be the C.

I’m excited to see what Petizian brings next season. I can see next season being very much like the 18-19 season. Valade, McDonnell, Petizian, Pinelli will take the reigns up front and I think they will run with it

Reactions: EvenSteven

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens

Sounds like a poster on the Soo board not the Head Coach and GM of one of the OHL's most storied franchises.
Be better..

Mein Yak

Jan 5, 2019
I have compiled a list of possible American players who could help us in the 2021-2022 season:
-Daniel Laatsch: He is an 2002 born defensemen who is 6'4. He currently plays for USNTDP and is committed to go to Wisconsin for the 2020-2021 season. In my eyes the percentage of him coming is 20%.
-Kyle Van Compernolle: An 2002 born forward who is 6'6. He is currently playing for the fox motors u18 team in the T1EHL and has 7 points in 7 games this season. He is currently committed to Michigan Tech and will begin to play there in 2021-2022 season. In my eyes the percentage of him coming is 65% because he has been to one of our spring training camps and I feel like after this year there will be more room for him up front for him next year.
-Colin Purcell: He is 2002 born goalie who is 6'6. Currently playing with the Youngstown in the USHL as a back up and has a 4.09 GAA and a .873 SV% through 17 games this season. He is committed to UMASS for 2021-2022. In my eyes the percentage of him coming is 70% because he has been to both of our spring camps and is a back up with the USHL team and then when he plays for UMASS he will be the backup while we are competing for a Championship and he would be the starter.
-Roman Schmidt: He is 2003 born defender that is 6'5. He currently plays for USNTDP u17 team and has a solid 17 points in 46 games played. he is committed to Boston and starts playing there in 2021-2022 season. In my eyes the percentage of him coming is 45%.
-Caden Brown: He is a 2003 Forward that is 5'11. He currently plays for the USNTDP u17 team and has 20 points in 38 games. He is currently committed to Wisconsin for the 2021-2022 season. In my eyes the percentage of him coming is 45%.
-Carter Schade: He is a 2003 defensemen that is 5'10. He currently is a reserve player for the Lincoln Stars of the USHL and has 5 points in 8 games. He does not have any NCAA commitment. In my eyes the percentage of him coming is 70% because he has no NCAA commitment as well as is a reserve for his USHL team.
-Ryan Walker: He is an 2003 born forward that is 6'2. He currently is playing with the Florida Alliance u16 team and has 26 points in 15 games played. He has no NCAA commitment. In my eyes the percentage of him coming is 80% because he does not have an NCAA commitment and we have more room for forwards than defensemen.

If you could have any 2 of these players which 2 would you take and why?

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I have compiled a list of possible American players who could help us in the 2021-2022 season:
-Daniel Laatsch: He is an 2002 born defensemen who is 6'4. He currently plays for USNTDP and is committed to go to Wisconsin for the 2020-2021 season. In my eyes the percentage of him coming is 20%.
-Kyle Van Compernolle: An 2002 born forward who is 6'6. He is currently playing for the fox motors u18 team in the T1EHL and has 7 points in 7 games this season. He is currently committed to Michigan Tech and will begin to play there in 2021-2022 season. In my eyes the percentage of him coming is 65% because he has been to one of our spring training camps and I feel like after this year there will be more room for him up front for him next year.
-Colin Purcell: He is 2002 born goalie who is 6'6. Currently playing with the Youngstown in the USHL as a back up and has a 4.09 GAA and a .873 SV% through 17 games this season. He is committed to UMASS for 2021-2022. In my eyes the percentage of him coming is 70% because he has been to both of our spring camps and is a back up with the USHL team and then when he plays for UMASS he will be the backup while we are competing for a Championship and he would be the starter.
-Roman Schmidt: He is 2003 born defender that is 6'5. He currently plays for USNTDP u17 team and has a solid 17 points in 46 games played. he is committed to Boston and starts playing there in 2021-2022 season. In my eyes the percentage of him coming is 45%.
-Caden Brown: He is a 2003 Forward that is 5'11. He currently plays for the USNTDP u17 team and has 20 points in 38 games. He is currently committed to Wisconsin for the 2021-2022 season. In my eyes the percentage of him coming is 45%.
-Carter Schade: He is a 2003 defensemen that is 5'10. He currently is a reserve player for the Lincoln Stars of the USHL and has 5 points in 8 games. He does not have any NCAA commitment. In my eyes the percentage of him coming is 70% because he has no NCAA commitment as well as is a reserve for his USHL team.
-Ryan Walker: He is an 2003 born forward that is 6'2. He currently is playing with the Florida Alliance u16 team and has 26 points in 15 games played. He has no NCAA commitment. In my eyes the percentage of him coming is 80% because he does not have an NCAA commitment and we have more room for forwards than defensemen.

If you could heave any 2 of these players which 2 would you take and why?
Great information Mein! Sound like some decent prospects with lots of size.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
He said the player injured played half the game with his chin strap undone and when he was hit his helmet flew off.

I also noticed that one of their players had their mouth guard hanging out of his mouth for most of the game. Now if this were Petizian.............

It would sure be nice to see some consistency in this league when it comes to officiating and discipline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->