Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
If you're speculating about drafting a 15 year old kid who has only had 15 year old players firing the puck at him, then developing him, you might as well throw darts at the dart board with your eyes closed. Especially with the Rangers record of developing goalies.

I think the route to go is scout unsigned 16 or 17 year olds in Tier II or JrB. At least they're another year or two older and have faced a higher level of competition. Just too many moving parts with 15 year old goalies imo.

If we’re drafting a 15 year old in the next draft, he wouldn’t/shouldn’t be on next year’s roster IMO. Especially if Pfiel is the other goalie. If one of our other goalie prospects reports, Purcell for instance who’s an ‘02, and is the starter, it’s maybe a different story. Maybe.

Reactions: rangersblues

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
At this point in time, I can see Damiani and Noel coming back as OA's. Sorry, just can't seem to picture them pro. Now Noel is starting to show flashes and he might be ready to turn pro after the season. Damiani needs some size and consistency. I would have included Ingham in this group but due to recent moves by LA, I think there will be a spot available for him somewhere in the system.

nhl signed players come back about 1 percent of the time.

Reactions: HockeyPops

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I can think of 3 recent ones but only 1 that was there for the whole season in Kole Sherwood. Dante Salituro and Markus Phillips both been returned at trade deadline time

exactly, so of the 100 or so guys signed over 4/5 years, only 3 come back? it rarely happens. shewood and salituri werent even draft picks, they were signed after they were 19. phillips is the only signed and drafted guy to come back in years. it never happens.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
exactly, so of the 100 or so guys signed over 4/5 years, only 3 come back? it rarely happens. shewood and salituri werent even draft picks, they were signed after they were 19. phillips is the only signed and drafted guy to come back in years. it never happens.
Patterson was another signed player that came back. Only because he was a goalie and they had no where for him to play that year.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Gordeev is back this year, but he was signed quite late as was Phillips. Patterson wasn't signed quite as late, but it was still over a year from when he was drafted until when he was signed.

If you look at drafted players that signed within a year (like Noel), I bet it's even less than 1% that return as an OA.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

Happens more often than that. But, it’s a fool’s game to expect a signed player back. You conduct your business as if they’ve graduated and if they do get sent back, it’s “found money” as they say.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Saw the boxscore he had a fight tonight along with 2 primary helpers so far. :D
You see the fight live/on TV? If so, how'd he do?

seems like he lost his balance so I'd give the decision to Henry, but he was going with the rights and switched to lefts mid-fight which doesn't look easy.

he's finding his stride since returning from his back injury

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
seems like he lost his balance so I'd give the decision to Henry, but he was going with the rights and switched to lefts mid-fight which doesn't look easy.

Yes.. wasnt much of fight in the end. Good to get the 2 pts nonetheless.

Congratulations to Kitchener for clinching a playoff spot!

Good to hear him finding the offense and physical play again after dealing with injuries and adjusting to a new team.
Wait until he fills out a bit and grows into that frame/adult strength, I know he wont be physical every shift but my hope for him is a Wayne Simmonds lite style player.

Some of our Panther fans were worried it was a stagnate year in his development but a deep playoff run should be a good send off for him in the OHL. Cheers, thanks for the info.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Good to hear him finding the offense and physical play again after dealing with injuries and adjusting to a new team.
Wait until he fills out a bit and grows into that frame/adult strength, I know he wont be physical every shift but my hope for him is a Wayne Simmonds lite style player.

Some of our Panther fans were worried it was a stagnate year in his development but a deep playoff run should be a good send off for him in the OHL. Cheers, thanks for the info.
I think it was just a mishandled bagging injury limiting him.

had he been fully healthy to start the season (and assuming he would build on his 81 point campaign from last season) there would’ve been some serious talk for him to play for Canada at the WJCs. but that’s hockey.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

LolaT200

Feb 10, 2020
Josh Brown says "Kitchener's PP didn't score in the first but it sure looked sharp. Hit a post too. Some nice movement and several chances. That's a good sign."
I agree.
Sebrango in, Berqkvist out.
Maybe we can get PP1 working again.
D looked better with 6 players.
Younger guys outshone older guys up front.
Noel getting better each game.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Rangers held on for the win but Erie had some great chances in this one. Erie has some skilled players. Rangers really need to do better with coverage if the want to compete with the top teams going forward. Also is it me or is Ingham letting in a few more goals now than he was in the streak?

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017

The fight was right down in front of me. Henry acted like he won but Noel landed the punches. Lucky for Henry that Noel lost his balance...

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Josh Brown says "Kitchener's PP didn't score in the first but it sure looked sharp. Hit a post too. Some nice movement and several chances. That's a good sign."
I agree.
Sebrango in, Berqkvist out.
Maybe we can get PP1 working again.
D looked better with 6 players.
Younger guys outshone older guys up front.
Noel getting better each game.

It did look sharpe in the first. But it was a the same old same old in the third. Gave up a shorty and on that PP, we gifted Erie two 2 on 1’s and a breakaway.

I didn’t even care when Noel negated the PP late in the game.

LolaT200

Feb 10, 2020
It did look sharpe in the first. But it was a the same old same old in the third. Gave up a shorty and on that PP, we gifted Erie two 2 on 1’s and a brea

LolaT200

Feb 10, 2020
It did look sharpe in the first. But it was a the same old same old in the third. Gave up a shorty and on that PP, we gifted Erie two 2 on 1’s and a breakaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->