Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Petes-Gens ROS should be fun.
Little-Grondin-Hinz are all in their 4th season as bottom six; they are pretty good at it. Grondin is arguably the best checking line C in the league.
The best deadline though, may have been by Barrie as they completely re-tooled. They went from one useable 2nd to 8-2nds, 8-3rds, 5-4ths and loaded with good players having 2-3 more seasons.

The database shows Barrie having 9-2nds and 10-3rds. But yeah, they’re in great shape too.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
they’re going to be deadly in 21-22. Vierling, Clarke, Punnett, Cardwell, Foerster, Tabak, probably Greaves as OA goalie. plus all those picks they will be able to add big time

Yup. For sure. These are the benefits of a hard sell instead of attempting to stay competitive every year.

Niagara is in great shape too. They didn’t acquire the quality player that Barrie did, but they’re sitting pretty with ten 2nds over the next five years.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Well I mean, there is a thread for such discussion and it doesn’t start with “Kitchener Rangers”

Back to the topic at hand,
I agree with whoever posted earlier that we should start Pfeil Friday and Ingham both games vs Guelph. Would be great to win all three games this weekend and hopefully start creating some separation from the rest of the division.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
upload_2020-1-16_22-6-41.png

Sebrango and Cuylle drop the gloves during CHL Top Prospects game - Sportsnet.ca

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I was kind of scared when he dropped them. The worry of him getting hurt away from the team was on my mind.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I was kind of scared when he dropped them. The worry of him getting hurt away from the team was on my mind.
as fun as it was to see a fight in essentially an all star game, I agree. It is also a weird look how twice now Sebrango and Cuylle have fought in the past year and went on and talked about how good of buddies they are after the game. is it some sort of sideshow thing they've got going on? it seems like a waste of one of your fights (not in tonights case) to go against your buddy, especially considering how well Sebrango can chuck them and how they could be used at better times (ie. Xhekaj vs. Tymkin)

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Well I mean, there is a thread for such discussion and it doesn’t start with “Kitchener Rangers”

Back to the topic at hand,
I agree with whoever posted earlier that we should start Pfeil Friday and Ingham both games vs Guelph. Would be great to win all three games this weekend and hopefully start creating some separation from the rest of the division.

Forgive me for responding to a post on this thread regarding an article written by the writer who covers the Kitchener Rangers, regarding points about what the Rangers have done this year in trade, and how he compared what the Rangers did in trades to what Oshawa did.

I figured that a poster started a discussion comparing teams and their performance at the trade deadline.

Sure, a post or two after regarding Oshawa, Niagara, and Barrie’s deadline moves didn’t contain “Kitchener Rangers”. But make no mistake, all you had to do was read between the lines of my posts, and know that I was insinuating that:

A) the futures of other teams around the league is a hell of a lot better than ours over the next couple years, and

B)MacKenzie’s wish to be competitive every year has consequences and that I am in favour of a “hard sell”, or heavy “all in” when it makes sense. We’ll rebuild next year and unless MM can work miracles, our draft pick cupboard states we’ll only be competitive the year after.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

On rarely watch this game. Ditto the Can/Russia games. But I do PVR them if a Ranger is involved and take a quick peek to see if they do well while praying they don’t get hurt.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Forgive me for responding to a post on this thread regarding an article written by the writer who covers the Kitchener Rangers, regarding points about what the Rangers have done this year in trade, and how he compared what the Rangers did in trades to what Oshawa did.

I figured that a poster started a discussion comparing teams and their performance at the trade deadline.

Sure, a post or two after regarding Oshawa, Niagara, and Barrie’s deadline moves didn’t contain “Kitchener Rangers”. But make no mistake, all you had to do was read between the lines of my posts, and know that I was insinuating that:

A) the futures of other teams around the league is a hell of a lot better than ours over the next couple years, and

B)MacKenzie’s wish to be competitive every year has consequences and that I am in favour of a “hard sell”, or heavy “all in” when it makes sense. We’ll rebuild next year and unless MM can work miracles, our draft pick cupboard states we’ll only be competitive the year after.

Barrie was going to face OSH or PBO in round one, so selling was a good idea. Still, selling for two playoff years later is not easy for any club and complicated by the fact that only ideal players at fair prices were moving this past dead line. It was kind of a perfect storm for Barrie as most teams were not positioned and/or unwilling to do what they did.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
in typical fashion, Sebrango goes Cuylle in the top prospects game. what can’t he do?

Slight edge to Cuylle in the fight. But what better stage to drop the gloves and do well than the prospects game. And, as was said, a freebie away from the fight per game totals!

Sebrango is a throwback. Love to see it and glad he wears Ranger blue!!

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Slight edge to Cuylle in the fight. But what better stage to drop the gloves and do well than the prospects game. And, as was said, a freebie away from the fight per game totals!

Sebrango took quite a hit in the first period. Was glad he wasn't injured. Seemed to be checking his mouth a bit on the bench but no worse for ware after.

Reactions: EvenSteven

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017

Actually, my kudos to Sebrango who I thought had the edge right off the bat. Cuylie who had size and weight on Sebrango didn't do much til near the end. Sebrango's a smart kid...as soon as it looked like Cuylie might get the upper hand, he bailed. No getting hurt there. And Sebrango showed that he's not only a smooth skating D but that he has grit as well. Certainly got the attention of the crowd....the media...and I'm sure, the scouts.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Hawel and Pinelli expected back tonight per JB. who sits tonight? do they roll out 7 D again and sit Dickerson and one of Fishman/Serpa (I hope not) or is it Dickerson, Motew & one of Xhekaj/Ottavainen (wait I don’t want that either)

good problem to have in Kitchener right now

Reactions: Rangers True Blue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->