Kitchener Rangers 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
The Rangers came to play last night. It really was a total team effort.

With so many changes, Guelph players will need a bit of time getting used to each other. When they do, look out. They have it all, size, skill, speed and grit.

Full marks to the Rangers on that win. It sure was exciting. Loved how Petizian didn't back down from Gordeev or Phillips. Langdon looked very good too. Really hard to pick just a few guys who stood out because everyone did their part to get the win.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
The Rangers came to play last night. It really was a total team effort.

With so many changes, Guelph players will need a bit of time getting used to each other. When they do, look out. They have it all, size, skill, speed and grit.

Full marks to the Rangers on that win. It sure was exciting. Loved how Petizian didn't back down from Gordeev or Phillips. Langdon looked very good too. Really hard to pick just a few guys who stood out because everyone did their part to get the win.

The cards aligned just right. Guelph was just assembled and did not have time to gel. The Rangers played possibly their best game of the year. I have always thought that I would accept losing with efforts like that. But that win......now THAT was exciting!

Reactions: JoelKRangers

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Yes...it was very clever play drawn up. So clever that it fooled all 7300 in the building, including the 4 rookie officials. It should have been blown down for too many players on the ice. Hugg was still standing on the ice by the defensive door and Damiani had gone out the offensive door and was already standing in the centre ice circle awaiting the pass up from Baby Joe. Meireles had won the faceoff all the way back into the Ranger zone from Suzuki, then he came back and circled in his own zone, Hugg drifted back to the Rangers defensive door, Baby Joe fired the pass up to Damani. Damani made no mistake on the break away. Good win for the Rangers all in all. Not sure if Petizian really wants to take on Gordeev in the corner. He also was getting shoved around for about 30 seconds on one shift by Phillips. Just playing an energy roll I guess. Also thought that was an amazing pass by Ratcliffe to Entwhistle at the start of the second period.
Nothing wrong with that play Chico. Rangers used it before in Oshawa. It's called the back door trap. Made that up. Storm had 11 NHL draft picks. Guess they counted the two points before they got off the bus. Phillips got away with a couple of cross checks on 5'5"Petizian . Tough guy. Not many kids that size would slam a big player like Gordeev. He has a huge heart for his size. I am sure you will see a different team in Guelph going forward with all the upgrades. Rangers are in a rebuild. Just nice to see an exciting game here and get the fans into it. Nice going home with a smile on our faces.

Gatorwah

Apr 23, 2015
Listen Gator. I know a couple of directors or former ones. They aren't there to hire and fire anyone. Most fans just want to see changes in the way the scouting and development of players. Nothing as drastic as cleaning house and selling to private investors. We had some lawyer fellow that was STH that tried to undermine the Ranger organization and tried to garner the votes of other STH for some sneaky deal he had cooked up with others.
No need to go back to that era.

hedgeway

Jan 1, 2010
Waterloo, ON
I think the player coming off the ice only has to be within 5' of the bench if the player entering the ice has not touched the puck.
Rule 74 – Too Many Men on the Ice
74.1 Too Many Men on the Ice - Players may be changed at any time
during the play from the players’ bench provided that the player or
players leaving the ice shall be within five feet (5') of his players’
bench and out of the play before the change is made. Refer also to
Rule 71 – Premature Substitution. At the discretion of the on-ice
officials, should a substituting player come onto the ice before his
teammate is within the five foot (5’) limit of the players’ bench (and
therefore clearly causing his team to have too many players on the
ice), then a bench minor penalty may be assessed.

Hey now, let's not get bogged down by facts.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Looking at our vets from last season many have huge play off experience. This may be something team coming in over look. Some of these players did a tremendous job shutting down opponents offense and killed off a lot of penalties. You can't put a price on that experience. On a side note. I thought the rookies had a heck of a game last night. Valade was really noticeable on his shifts as well as Sbrango and Langdon. The second half is usually tough to get through with contenders jockeying for home ice and teams fighting for those last play off spots.

Medway Bear

Sep 8, 2011
While I would like the best draft position we can get, you can't expect teams to play to lose. The the Rangers gave a good effort last night. If they had done this in some of the other games this season, we would not be talking about best draft position possible, we would be talking about a 5th or 6th place finish. Still we shall see what happens against London, who played Saginaw last night and have Ottawa today. After that it will be interesting to see how the Rangers do against their next 3 opponents, Windsor, Owen Sound and Flint, all at The Aud.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Great game last night. Rangers simply outplayed them and Richardson was right there when needed. Was I surprised. Absolutely. But the boys never let up and actually missed quite a few chances to make the score much higher. I don't buy that this stacked Guelph team didn't show up. IMO they were outplayed for most of the game.

Next up the powerhouse London team (who Guelph beat this week). Outcome? I feel the same way I did about last night's game and was wrong. One can only hope to see at the very least, a hard fought effort and not a blow out.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
The cards aligned just right. Guelph was just assembled and did not have time to gel. The Rangers played possibly their best game of the year. I have always thought that I would accept losing with efforts like that. But that win......now THAT was exciting!
The Guelph team gelled against London and Niagara prior to this..............

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
now that we're passed the trade deadline and this is the team for the remainder of the season, here is how I would want to see the lines look:

Hugg-Meireles-Stepien
Garreffa-Lipanov-Yantsis
Langdon-Damiani-Valade
Petizian-Tresoor-Guest
Dickerson

Vukojevic-Gentles
MacPherson-Sebrango
Xhekaj/Rupoli-Cameron

Richardson/Pfeil

Meireles line gives you a solid all around line. Lipanov line should score a lot of points but could be a bit (a lot) of a defensive liability but it is what it is in a rebuild year. Having the 02s centred by Damiani helps those guys out in both ends of the ice. IMO the only thing that separates Petizian from Tresoor is the year of experience, so I would have the 2 of them and Dickerson rotate in and out of the lineup playing with Guest.

on D I'd want Sebrango back with MacPherson because that's who I think he played his best hockey with. X and Rupoli could rotate playing the shutdown pairing with Cameron

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
London served notice on Ottawa.....with DiPietro in net....who was just getting back to playing after Juniors. But just the same, no Formenton on the Knights. Should be another hockey lesson this aft for the Rangers from Hunter and the divers....er....boys. :surrender

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
London served notice on Ottawa.....with DiPietro in net....who was just getting back to playing after Juniors. But just the same, no Formenton on the Knights. Should be another hockey lesson this aft for the Rangers from Hunter and the divers....er....boys. :surrender

Speaking of diving....Sproviero from Sarnia has had back to back diving calls against him Friday and Saturday night.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

Not sold on DiPietro. Despite the asterisk Memorial Cup win and very good performance at this year's WJC, I want him to prove his worth in the playoffs.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Well I don’t expect a win today, but I’d love to see that same effort from Friday. Stepien still out and Langdon is getting a look in his spot on the top line.

Prediction: 4-2 Knights

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Well I don’t expect a win today, but I’d love to see that same effort from Friday. Stepien still out and Langdon is getting a look in his spot on the top line.

Prediction: 4-2 Knights
Close SYWTom 5-2 Tighty Knighties. Good defensive team. Keeps things tight and Rangers never got much with the Knighties clogging up centre ice.
Back down to earth. Least it wasn't a blow out. London has a lot of speed and extremely well coached.

Reactions: SYWTom and OhSheila

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
Bobber, I like how you summed it up. It wasn't a blowout. Rangers played as well as they could. London is just stronger in net, on D and up front.

Still smiling from the Friday night win over Guelph.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Bobber, I like how you summed it up. It wasn't a blowout. Rangers played as well as they could. London is just stronger in net, on D and up front.

Still smiling from the Friday night win over Guelph.
We couldn't take the shock of two miracle wins in a row against top contenders.
If we all died after the game Friday it would take the undertaker a year to get those smiles off our pretty faces.:naughty:

Reactions: OhSheila

hedgeway

Jan 1, 2010
Waterloo, ON
Today’s game was a good example of why a small, light skilled team just has a hard time playing that heavy fast, taller skilled team. Hope some of our scouts see the result.

I mean, sure. but let's not pretend like the skill portions of that equation are even close to equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad