Kitchener Rangers 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Just seems like complete overkill to me. Should they start suspending ball players for flipping balls to fans after the third out?

In a hockey game, pucks sail into the crowd with velocity several times a game. It's part of it. Flips like this are not an issue.

and that is, at most, a 2 minute delay of game. I just don't get it at all

Reactions: Tim Wallach

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Farwell and Pope just announced Greg will return in the 2nd period

the rule is that if the puck hits the mesh and returns to play, it is only a 10-min misconduct. The official wording is "any object being thrown or launched" which is more of an issue from the fans than it is the players

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Farwell and Pope just announced Greg will return in the 2nd period

the rule is that if the puck hits the mesh and returns to play, it is only a 10-min misconduct. The official wording is "any object being thrown or launched" which is more of an issue from the fans than it is the players

And that's the most it should be. Thankfully they clarified that.

Reactions: Torgo
Mar 12, 2009
Edit: It was nice to see several of the Owen Sound players embrace Cameron and give him a bit of a send off as a former teammate of theirs, in his last regular season OHL game.

Last edited:

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The game misconduct was reversed at the end intermission, he served 10 , came back and scored. All good

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
The game misconduct was reversed at the end intermission, he served 10 , came back and scored. All good
The rule states if a player deliberately shoots a puck out after a whistle and it hits the netting he will be accessed a ten minute misconduct. Not sure of the original call but anything other than that assessment would have been incorrect.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Saw this on Twitter........and Meireles was assessed and served his misconduct penalty......

upload_2019-3-17_8-28-33.png

section15

Dec 5, 2018
I just noticed that after last nights game, Gareffa has now not missed a game for 3 full seasons.
Yep, a few articles this year on his consecutive game streak, one just a few weeks ago when he hit 200 games
Garreffa’s 200th straight game a new Rangers record
I find it just as incredible that he has only 2 penalty minutes (closing hand on the puck) this season. That’s kinda crazy considering the minutes he logs and his size/reach disadvantage.

Reactions: Torgo

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Yep, a few articles this year on his consecutive game streak, one just a few weeks ago when he hit 200 games
Garreffa’s 200th straight game a new Rangers record
I find it just as incredible that he has only 2 penalty minutes (closing hand on the puck) this season. That’s kinda crazy considering the minutes he logs and his size/reach disadvantage.

You know how it is...........he goes to hit someone, goes between their legs and misses. ;-)

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
For anyone interested the OHL Cup Championship is on sportsnet. Don Mills Flyers and Toronto Red Wings. Shane Wright is on Don Mills. The under age player coming in with special permission. Good hockey. Some huge kids.

Reactions: three dog night

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
For anyone interested the OHL Cup Championship is on sportsnet. Don Mills Flyers and Toronto Red Wings. Shane Wright is on Don Mills. The under age player coming in with special permission. Good hockey. Some huge kids.
Watched the game.
Don Mills #4, Mistry, reminds me of Joey G.

Reactions: bobber

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Also watched the game. Don Mills #27, Schmidt, reminds me of Logan Stanley and Kevin Bahl
Hard to believe the size of some of these players. The two under age players were probably the highest skilled. Great hockey to watch. Cherry mentioned line changes on the fly instead of a D going back behind the net to get set. Bunch of talented players coming into the draft when you put it into perpective.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad