Kitchener Rangers 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
No game on Rogers tonight.

On a night where there's only one OHL game on the schedule? Unacceptable. I wonder if the team has anything to do with making the call on this.

If so, then it looks like they'd rather have fans, who would rather stay at home and watch the game on TV than brave the dangerous driving conditions, risk driving to the game.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
On a night where there's only one OHL game on the schedule? Unacceptable. I wonder if the team has anything to do with making the call on this.

If so, then it looks like they'd rather have fans, who would rather stay at home and watch the game on TV than brave the dangerous driving conditions, risk driving to the game.
I don't think the team makes that call. From what I know, Rogers isn't hiring the staff to run it like they used too.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Didnt the Rangers need to waive Axels rights to be able to trade for Lipinov? (More a question than a statement) right now the Rangers have Hugg and Lipinov. Not sure you can carry two import players and own rights to another.[/QUOT

bringing up the knights again, they had drafted 2 players in the 2018 draft, signed them both and then signed Boqvist. then again they had to trade one or waive one asap. I think they can carry the rights as long as they aren’t all signed but I’m not 100% sure

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Think so, had one myself and lost so much weight with the straw diet, couldn't imagine hustling on the ice as he does. I have been very impressed with him, always notice when he is on the ice.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

I was just informed by my son that the game wasn't scheduled to be on from the start of the season I believe. We likely wont venture out for this one.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Does anyone know what is on the 2nd floor above the main entrance of the Aud? Is it a restaurant with somewhere to sit? Is it recommended? Only way I am going to the game tonight is if I don't have to cook! LOL!

Ranger007

Jan 12, 2017
Does anyone know what is on the 2nd floor above the main entrance of the Aud? Is it a restaurant with somewhere to sit? Is it recommended? Only way I am going to the game tonight is if I don't have to cook! LOL!

Yes, there is a restaurant at the East Ave. end.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
completely unrelated to tonights game, but are we going to see Carter Tresoor in the lineup any time soon? this is starting to seem like Matt Gordon's never ending concussion that ended in him being reassigned to Cambridge. It has felt a lot longer than it actually has been though (he was hurt in the New Year's Day game).

something that is related to tonights game, why did Rogers cut the amount of Rangers games they're broadcasting down by 2? I don't live in the area, so I can't get these games anyways. Do they only do the home games? 2/68 seems weird and unreasonable but 2/34 would make a tiny bit more sense

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
completely unrelated to tonights game, but are we going to see Carter Tresoor in the lineup any time soon? this is starting to seem like Matt Gordon's never ending concussion that ended in him being reassigned to Cambridge. It has felt a lot longer than it actually has been though (he was hurt in the New Year's Day game).

something that is related to tonights game, why did Rogers cut the amount of Rangers games they're broadcasting down by 2? I don't live in the area, so I can't get these games anyways. Do they only do the home games? 2/68 seems weird and unreasonable but 2/34 would make a tiny bit more sense

It's league wide. Found out from a rogers employee Labor day weekend.

Every team is loosing games. Believe ottawa lost 10-15.

Next year that 2 is believed to be jumping to 5.

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
Get used to fewer and fewer games from Rogers next season and beyond. It costs them quite a lot to broadcast the games and they don't make up for all the costs with advertising.

Get ready for a paid package. This has nothing to do with the Rangers.

Reactions: MediaCritic

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Get used to fewer and fewer games from Rogers next season and beyond. It costs them quite a lot to broadcast the games and they don't make up for all the costs with advertising.

Well this season ticket holder, who is on a fixed income, won't be doing both. It'll be either continue to be a season ticket holder and see the home games live and do without seeing the road games on tv or cancel the season tickets to see all the games on tv.

Cannot afford to do both.

Reactions: K2 and bobber
Mar 12, 2009

They almost may as well disband the local Rogers channel's then. Ranger games are the only programming that is any kind of draw whatsoever for them. Can't imagine anyone paying to advertise once Ranger games are a rare or non existent occurrence on the channel.

Sebrango seems to be hitting the score sheet more consistently. At 18 points he is 11th among all 16 year old rookies from this past draft, and 3rd among all defenseman from the most recent draft.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Great game by the Rangers tonight. Thought they out played the Storm for the most part. Storm pushed back late in the third but Rangers held the fort. Hell of a head check on Langdon in a vulnerable position. Toropochencko(sp) deserves a lengthy one for that dirty check. Good stuff.
Min 10 games.
I said at trade deadline that the only bad move that Burnett did was not replacing Burnett the coach.

Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Min 10 games.
I said at trade deadline that the only bad move that Burnett did was not replacing Burnett the coach.

I have zero faith in this league handing down the proper discipline. Especially based on Schnurr's headshot on Vallati in last year's post season and his hit from behind bloodying Meireles early this season.

Also, I hope they review Ratcliffe's head shot on MacPherson near the end of the game. Dude left his feet and everything.

Reid should be disciplined for only issuing a minor on the play.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
does anyone know what the situation is with the Valade goal? rangers and some others tweeted that he scored but the ohl site says otherwise. Was it called off?

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
On paper Guelph should have won that game. I think they have two weaknesses, coaching and goaltending.

If the Storm don't make it to at least the conference final, I can't see Burnett sticking around.

The compete level on the Rangers was super high and a real treat to watch. Sometimes getting a "C" can weigh a player. Not with Hugg. He's elevated his game. Love the Hugg, Damiani and Stepien combination.

Toropchenko definitely tried to injure Langdon. The high hit by Ratcliffe on I think Cameron near the end of the game was a cheap shot that I hope the Rangers have the League review.

The Storm have a lot of skill, but they sure don't look to have any systems or play as a team.

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
On paper Guelph should have won that game. I think they have two weaknesses, coaching and goaltending.

If the Storm don't make it to at least the conference final, I can't see Burnett sticking around.

The compete level on the Rangers was super high and a real treat to watch. Sometimes getting a "C" can weigh a player. Not with Hugg. He's elevated his game. Love the Hugg, Damiani and Stepien combination.

Toropchenko definitely tried to injure Langdon. The high hit by Ratcliffe on I think Cameron near the end of the game was a cheap shot that I hope the Rangers have the League review.

The Storm have a lot of team, but they sure don't look to have any systems or play as a team.
Not sure what message Burnett is preaching at Storm practice. You can chose to play smart hockey or stupid hockey. If he knows an opponent has a great PP would you not try to be disciplined. I think coaching has passed him by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad