Kitchener Rangers 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
We would really enjoy Yantsis up north here . Anthony Tabak++ enough to get it done you guys think?

Of course it would depend on the ++ as picks would be key, but I'm starting to wonder if their plan is to hold Meireles, Yantsis and Garreffa as OAs. Yes, that's an excellent group of OAs, but for another non-contention year. I'd much rather they capitalize on at least one of those assets while their value is highest now and fill the OA slot next year cheaply in the summer.

(Having said that, unless the price is sky high, I'm keeping Meireles as the key OA next year).

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
OHLIinsiders saying Ottawa is pushing for Gareffa. Sudbury still trying to acquire Meireles and Yantsis but both want to go to Ottawa. Take it for what it's worth.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Who says no:

Ottawa trades Mitch Hoelscher + 2019 3rd rounder + 2020 3rd rounder
Kitchner trades Joey Gareffa and Greg Meireles

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
upload_2019-1-10_12-4-30.png

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
To me, this deadline was the time to address next years OA problem. Having that extra 30 games of service should have raised the price. At the deadline is when GM's usually pay the higher price. Kinda disappointed with MM either the lack of moves. With that said, no one knew how the trade market was going to look with the new trade rule in place (years of picks allowed).

Reactions: Tim Wallach

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
To me, this deadline was the time to address next years OA problem. Having that extra 30 games of service should have raised the price. At the deadline is when GM's usually pay the higher price. Kinda disappointed with MM either the lack of moves. With that said, no one knew how the trade market was going to look with the new trade rule in place (years of picks allowed).
If true Ottawa was a preferred destination and they would not deal any roster players it makes it tough to make proper deals. Guess we go with what we have now.

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
If true Ottawa was a preferred destination and they would not deal any roster players it makes it tough to make proper deals. Guess we go with what we have now.
I can see Meireles having a NTC being a 1st rd, but the rest were later picks or FA Yantsis. I dont know, but would think they were not given that kind of contract. I guess we will have to see what gets sorted out this summer.

Reactions: rangersblues

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010

I really don't think Ottawa did enough. Getting Dipietro was huge . But that lineup makes me think they may have a tough time getting out of the east against Niagara. They don't seem to have scoring depth. The west looks best again. I think any of Guelph, Saginaw or London are likely to come out of the west and imo should take care of the east. Guelph is is the favourite imo. Soo is a longshot now - they needed something.

Edit - major brain cramp. Ottawa did add Maksimovich and Chiodo. I still think they'll regret not getting Miereles. A shutdown centre that can score is extremely valuable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim Wallach and LR8

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
I really don't think Ottawa did enough. Getting Dipietro was huge . But that lineup makes me think they may have a tough time getting out of the east against Niagara. They don't seem to have scoring depth. The west looks best again. I think any of Guelph, Saginaw or London are likely to come out of the west and imo should take care of the east. Guelph is is the favourite imo. Soo is a longshot now - they needed something.
they had nothing, no one wanted to report and Really no draft capital left after last season

LR8

Mar 8, 2018

Ottawa needed to address the blueline. 3 best goalies in the east, 3 best line ups in the west.

Agree with all of the above, with Oshawa a sleeper.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Brown:Kitchener talked to a lot of teams but was never close on anything. No player was ever approached and asked if they would go to a certain team and no player refused to report anywhere.

Of course the team is going to say that whether it was the case or not.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
When you look at rumours from some insiders and others about players refusing to report to certain teams guess you take it with a grain of salt. The story is always different for the most part. If the Rangers weren't even close on deals being bandied about it's not worth giving away your top players just to make a trade. I feel MM did that with McHugh. I feel for the players at the deadline. The idea of getting up rooted from your team, billet home and school has to make these kids uneasy until it's over. With the one 99 traded it should give some young player more ice with the lines being shuffled somewhat. Deadlines can go over like lead farts for bottom dwellers with no big stars.

Reactions: MediaCritic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->