Kitchener Rangers 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BS Baffles Brains

Jan 8, 2019
I think Sudbury management made a mistake acquiring Ruzicka. Hugg probably would've come a little cheaper and is a whole lot better all-around player. Ruzicka was terrible in the playoffs last year. A non-factor in the series versus Kitchener. Three assists over 12 games in the postseason. Sarnia fans did nothing but complain on these boards about this player's performance versus Kitchener.

I'm afraid Sudbury is going to regret making this trade.
Can't say fairer than that, and as a Hounds fan I am good with that. I still want us to sign Hugg for this reason, but I get a feeling it won't happen.

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
You guys are friendly here, all I get in the Sudbury group is reported..
Which is more than they can say for three of their last five 1st round picks... BA DUM TSSSSS
2018 : Quinton Byfield . 2017 : Blake Murray . 2016 : Owen Lalonde. 2015 : David Levin. 2014 : Micheal Pezzetta. All reported, I got a laugh out of it tho and actually checked , so good one but false haha

member 236327

2018 : Quinton Byfield . 2017 : Blake Murray . 2016 : Owen Lalonde. 2015 : David Levin. 2014 : Micheal Pezzetta. All reported, I got a laugh out of it tho and actually checked , so good one but false haha

Lalonde, Levin, and Pezzetta were not their first choice, is what I'm getting at. The last two years yes, because the lingering fart of Burgess is no longer there. But take Levin for example, they would have taken 6 other players but they all said they would not report.. So, not false, but good one.

Sorry to the Ranger fans who have to listen to this..

Reactions: rangersblues

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Saw on Twitter we traded 10th 19 for big oshawa D man Joseph Rupoli.

For a 10th rounder? Sounds like an important acquisition to me.

No disrespect to Rupoli, but unless his addition is to fill a hole for a departing D or two, all this means is an absolute guarantee Joey G never sees the light of day on the blueline as a Ranger for the rest of the season executives for the PP.

I'll fairness though, bringing in youth in a rebuilding season is always a good move. If this player turns out to be at least half decent, it's a good acquisition.

Wish he would have been a year younger though.

Last edited:

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
This could turn out to be a great value for the Rangers. Our stats and analytics guy Michael Zsoldt likely did so number crunching that shows there is good potential in Rupoli.

We've all wanted some size and grit. Maybe Rupoli will bring that.

I still sense a move or moves before tomorrow's deadline. An early indicator could be tonight's scratches.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
This could turn out to be a great value for the Rangers. Our stats and analytics guy Michael Zsoldt likely did so number crunching that shows there is good potential in Rupoli.

We've all wanted some size and grit. Maybe Rupoli will bring that.

I still sense a move or moves before tomorrow's deadline. An early indicator could be tonight's scratches.

I know the McHugh move wasn't popular

However

The team got a little younger, a little tougher, a little bigger and added some draft picks.

Say what you want but these are the kinds of moves to be expected in a rebuild.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

imagine thinking David Levin was their top choice in the Tippett/Vilardi/etc draft

Reactions: dmo22

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

However

The team got a little younger, a little tougher, a little bigger and added some draft picks.

Based on the report an Oshawa gave had on their message board, I guess you get what you pay for.

But yeah, he'll replace the grit we lost in McHugh. But whatever. He won't be around when we expect to contend again so as far as the deal goes, I can take it or leave it.

Reactions: SebJHockey

Oryx05

Jan 13, 2018
OHLInsiders just tweeted (who has been nailing deals) indicated Sarnia went with Ruzika because Meireles would not waive his no trade to report to Sudbury.

Something to consider when slamming returns - sometimes the player just won't go where the best deal is to be had.

Also has the below to say:

The target destination for Meireles here is obviously Ottawa. But with time running out, I believe his options dwindle to Peterborough or Sudbury.

Believe both of those teams would have interest in both Yantsis & Meireles. Just a matter of getting them to go.
#OHLTradeDeadline

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010

However

We'll have to agree to disagree on that Seb. McHugh is the type of veteran I want showing the young guys the ropes next season. Great work ethic and determination. I would have rather traded others - even at a loss. Like I said he was a lot more valuable to us than other teams.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
We'll have to agree to disagree on that Seb. McHugh is the type of veteran I want showing the young guys the ropes next season. Great work ethic and determination. I would have rather traded others - even at a loss. Like I said he was a lot more valuable to us than other teams.

I wholeheartedly agree. And again, no disrespect to the kid that we just traded for, but it says a lot when a big defenceman is often utilized as a fourth line winger. That tells me they're hiding him and he may be a liability out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim Wallach

K2

Jun 11, 2015
I wholeheartedly agree. And again, no disrespect to the kid that we just traded for, but it says a lot when a big defenceman is often utilized as a fourth line winger. That tells me they're hiding him and he may be a liability out there.

Given our propensity for playing a small forward on D, why not put a big defenseman on the wing or actually, as G Luke Richardson, is outscoring Rupoli 2:1 (literally) this season maybe we can try switching them out for kicks down the stretch ;)

Joking aside, I hope that Rupoli is a nice, gritty addition and wish him every success here.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm sad to hear Meireles might be next to go. For me, he and McHugh were the two 99s I keep for next year. They play with pace, grit and production.

Clearly MM is not on the same page as me. I knew the team would over-value Garreffa.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
That was my conclusion as well assuming Serpa was only a B card.

Here's hoping we add a couple of 01's before tomorrow noon and a couple prominent 99's move on.

A good start would be a couple "unexpected" scratches for tonight's game.

But at this point, I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad