Signing(s): Kirk Cousins to Minnesota

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
You are aware the team lost their star QB right
Rofl, star quarterback. The Eagles lost their star quarterback too. But Smith's injury is irrelevant to the fact that they are a dysfunctional franchise and have been since Snyder bought the team.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
There is no reason. Regardless of what happens this postseason they have a good solid young team and a 3rd year of Trubisky, 2nd under Nagy's mentorship. Yeah, I think they'll be just fine next season.

You sound like every Jaguars fan last year. Had that work out?

Sep 19, 2008
since their media is essentially bought and paid for by Synder.

On the contrary the media will stop at nothing to tear Snyder apart.

They judged him as mediocre regardless of what Snyder thought.

Now we see the true Kirk in Minnesota without the Redskins circus. Guess what, he's not that good.

The excuses were all over the place.

First it was the OC. The OC was not helping Cousins succeed! Then it was the OL! The OL stinks! Then it was "the team got worse than their NFC Championship season" (which is extremely hard to believe)

What excuse is there this time?

On Vikings reddit they are already pissed as hell at him.

Reactions: Voight

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I still think he gets some unfair criticism given how absolutely horrible the Vikings line has been/is, but games like yesterday are impossible to defend. That loss was all on him.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
It's frustrating to watch a QB that gets $28M/yr blow a game all by himself.
The Vikings' problems go far beyond Cousins though.
Bottom 5 placekicker and pass protection the last 3+ years for sure. And I don't know what they pay Zimmer's great defense, I'm sure they'd have to be the most expensive defense in the league, but they've probably let the team down with shitty play as much as Cousins has in the last year and a bit.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's frustrating to watch a QB that gets $28M/yr blow a game all by himself.
The Vikings' problems go far beyond Cousins though.
Bottom 5 placekicker and pass protection the last 3+ years for sure. And I don't know what they pay Zimmer's great defense, I'm sure they'd have to be the most expensive defense in the league, but they've probably let the team down with ****ty play as much as Cousins has in the last year and a bit.
Since Zimmer came on board in the 2014 season they've been a very poor pass blocking team every year except for 2017, when they were merely average. Don't think it's a coincidence that that's the year they had a great season. It's become a truly chronic problem and honestly baffling that they haven't been able to improve it at all. It's started off worse than ever this year.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He was under constant pressure all game. He's still a solid enough QB. Green Bay just legitimately has a good defense now.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Since Zimmer came on board in the 2014 season they've been a very poor pass blocking team every year except for 2017, when they were merely average. Don't think it's a coincidence that that's the year they had a great season. It's become a truly chronic problem and honestly baffling that they haven't been able to improve it at all. It's started off worse than ever this year.
I never really considered them having a decent line in 2017, but maybe they did play better. I figured Shurmur's scheme had a lot more to do with their success.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
It's frustrating to be a fan of a team that hasn't had a legit top 10 Qb in the league in the past 3 decades outside of 1 year of Favre, 1 year of Cunningham and a couple seasons of Culpepper. In his 15 years with the team, Spielman has proven he is incapable of recognizing and drafting a great QB. His teams have been all over the place - awful, middling and occasionally good. There has never been any sustained period of greatness...not even sustained goodness really, under his watch.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He was under constant pressure all game. He's still a solid enough QB. Green Bay just legitimately has a good defense now.

The Packers defense is good and they overwhelmed the Vikings OL for most of the game but Cousins didn't make the plays even when he had time and a relatively clean pocket. The Vikings left some big plays on the field because Cousins couldn't get it done, again. A few examples:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->