Player Discussion Kirill Kaprizov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If he did that in a game, The whole state of Minnesota would pass out.

At least if they were passed out the whole state wouldn't die from an aneurism after it was overturned due to a high stick. :monkey:

Bread4Life

Dec 13, 2019
Russia, Yekaterinburg
For our Russian friends, has Kaprizov ever had any experience at center?

In theory, could work given his skill set. Good skater, hard on pucks, sturdy, and good facilitator. Faceoffs may be an issue but they are now...

I mean, they’re playing Rask at center so everyone should be fair game.
No. He always been elite winger.

Val

Jan 19, 2021
He plays well and beatifully, but one goal... by foot :rolleyes: need more

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, he needs a center to play with, or at least a passing winger. Parise is not the greatest set up man, and JEE does not include pinpoint passing in his skillset.

KK should be scoring on the PP, though, as should Fiala.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
His production doesn’t feel sustainable if we don’t get him some good linemates

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
His production doesn’t feel sustainable if we don’t get him some good linemates

Disagree. The fact he is playing with middling talent, at best, and is still generating points is all you need to know. If he gets a look, chances are someone is scoring. If he could get paired with players who are more of a threat, he could be the type of player who will be at the top of the league scoring.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
You guys see him as a 60 point player or is he better than that?

If he had prime Kane on his other wing, he could have probably replicated Panarin's rookie season or did even better, considering that scoring is higher now. With the current Minnesota roster, I'd say 60 points (out of 82 games, or 41 points out of 56 games) isn't the worst projection. With better players it's going to be better.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Disagree. The fact he is playing with middling talent, at best, and is still generating points is all you need to know. If he gets a look, chances are someone is scoring. If he could get paired with players who are more of a threat, he could be the type of player who will be at the top of the league scoring.

Isn't that exactly what KSU said?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No, KSU said unsustainable, Prior said otherwise.

I must have misread his intentions because he went on to say with better linemates he could be at the top of the league in scoring.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I must have misread his intentions because he went on to say with better linemates he could be at the top of the league in scoring.
He did say that... but he said Kap's performance with these middling players speaks for itself.

He's a high end player even with middling linemates, implies he can sustain the current production... or be a top player league wide if he gets better linemates.

KSU simply called Kap's current production unsustainable without better linemates, implying a fall to earth more than anything else.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He did say that... but he said Kap's performance with these middling players speaks for itself.

He's a high end player even with middling linemates, implies he can sustain the current production... or be a top player league wide if he gets better linemates.

KSU simply called Kap's current production unsustainable without better linemates, implying a fall to earth more than anything else.
I wouldn’t call it a fall to earth, but I don’t think he’ll stay at a point per game with these linemates. He had 3 points in the first game, some of them more flukey than others. Since then, he’s had 3 in 5 games. Powerplay production to augment the even strength production will surely help, I’d just skeptical he ends at a point per game if he’s going to be forced to carry Bjugstad and Parise the whole year.

Reactions: AKL

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
What are the odds he signs here for long-term? Is MN a place that Russians typically want to be? We haven't had a lot of Russian players over the years I don't think.

I wonder if Russian players were polled which teams would be at the top of their lists to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->