Player Discussion Kirill Kaprizov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Saw someone at Target yesterday with a shiny new 97 Kaprizov jersey on.

Never saw anyone with a 44 Aaron Gavey jersey ever.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
i may be alone on this one but i still feel haula could have been up there if he was used right. i mean the guy put up 55 in 79 games his first season in vegas and has had injuries since.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
I think it's more so that his helmet doesn't fit on his head

I think I know who helped him pick out his helmet.

ows_151866100896325.jpg

Reactions: 2Pair

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Has he been practicing at the Wild facilities? Haven't heard much about him lately so curious if he's still in Minnesota or not.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I mean, he's looking slow in that clip...being beaten by a girl. Mask wearing technique is also poor. He's got lots of work to do.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi folks,

Credit to @wings5 for this in the Prospects Thread:

Really excited to see him finally play for your Team. You’ve waited so long for a star (fingers crossed that Fiala can continue his play from the Qualifying Round). Hopefully sometime in January:thumbu:

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
What are realistic expectations for Kirill this season in terms of production? I'm super excited to see him play, and I pick 2nd in my keeper league next weekend and am debating between him and Stuetzle. Lafreniere will go 1st so I'm debating between the two, but also pick 4th so have to weigh who I think will go 3rd and if I can get one of Kaprizov/Stuetzle in the 4 slot as well.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
What are realistic expectations for Kirill this season in terms of production? I'm super excited to see him play, and I pick 2nd in my keeper league next weekend and am debating between him and Stuetzle. Lafreniere will go 1st so I'm debating between the two, but also pick 4th so have to weigh who I think will go 3rd and if I can get one of Kaprizov/Stuetzle in the 4 slot as well.
yes

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The expectations certainly aren’t low. I would expect him to produce at a higher clip that Stuetzle. There could be an adjustment stage coming into the NHL, but he’s 23 which is typically the beginning of one’s prime nowadays. By the middle of the season, If he’s what people think he is, he needs to be producing as a top line winger. I’d expect around .75ppg from him this season, but wouldn’t be suprised if it’s higher if he transitions right away.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
The expectations certainly aren’t low. I would expect him to produce at a higher clip that Stuetzle. There could be an adjustment stage coming into the NHL, but he’s 23 which is typically the beginning of one’s prime nowadays. By the middle of the season, If he’s what people think he is, he needs to be producing as a top line winger. I’d expect around .75ppg from him this season, but wouldn’t be suprised if it’s higher if he transitions right away.
Makes sense. I've been flipping back and forth between the two given that it's a keeper league, but as mentioned I pick fourth as well and am hoping I can snag both. Regardless, very excited to see what Kaprizov can do.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if 82 gm season he could hit 30G; since only 56gms i'll say minimum of 20G. ps no matter how good stuetzle is i doubt he has the immediate impact kaprizov has due to age / experience.

Reactions: Rob Brown

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

Thats a tough call, but i wouldnt be surprised if Kaprizov is above lafreniere in points. Kirill is 23 and has been playing against men since we drafted him in the highest competition league outside of the NHL, and not just competing, DOMINATING. Lafreniere is still a boy. Id pick Kirill #2 for sure, if hes even there at 2 after writing this.

Reactions: Rob Brown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->