Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov lll

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I am purposely keeping my expectations low on KK. He will not only have to adapt to the speed and power of the NHL, but new teammates, and a whole new culture. If he scores 20+20 as a rookie I'll be satisfied- a lot depends on how much PP TOI he gets, and who his C is.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I am purposely keeping my expectations low on KK. He will not only have to adapt to the speed and power of the NHL, but new teammates, and a whole new culture. If he scores 20+20 as a rookie I'll be satisfied- a lot depends on how much PP TOI he gets, and who his C is.
Who's the last Wild rookie that put up those kind of numbers?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, he's not your prototypical rookie. Was drafted in 2015, and will be 23 yo, after leading the KHL in goals two years running. Most talented rookies start in the league at the age of 19-21, and are in full gear by the time they are 23.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Well, he's not your prototypical rookie. Was drafted in 2015, and will be 23 yo, after leading the KHL in goals two years running. Most talented rookies start in the league at the age of 19-21, and are in full gear by the time they are 23.
Looks like Gaborik is the one with the best rookie season. Coyle was pacing at 2 more pts than Gaborik during the half season.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
To be fair to Gaborik, he was only 18 years old to start his rookie season and put up 18 goals and 18 assists. He just loved the number 18 that year.

If Kaprizov beats him by 4 points (20g-20a-40p), I think I'd be mildly disappointed. Certainly development isn't linear or the same for all players, but Kaprizov being nearly 5 years older and just barely outpacing Gabroik, (who also had to adjust to the culture here, and played with worse linemates) would not be an overly promising start. At that point I'd be hoping it was just a slow adjustment and that he'd take off the next year, because the alternative would be that he probably just isn't a star player in the NHL.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Maybe I'm just more optimistic than everyone else, but I'll be disappointed in anything less than a 25g+25a rookie season. That should be the absolute baseline, IMO. I wouldn't be surprised or shocked if he tops the 30 goal mark.

Reactions: Wild11MN

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
He's coming over no matter what.

I don't know that for sure, Neither do you.
But everything we hear points in that direction and yes I also believe he comes over.
I also think he would like his ELC to be over as soon as possible, therefore burning the first year of it might very well be something he want's/wanted to happen when he discusses/discussed terms with Billy G.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
If there is no regular season to be played (which is very likely), and the Wild are out of the playoffs, then i don't see how MN "burns" a year with him.

OH, and didn't Panarin play with Kane when he came over? Bit of a difference over anything we have.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
If there is no regular season to be played (which is very likely), and the Wild are out of the playoffs, then i don't see how MN "burns" a year with him.

OH, and didn't Panarin play with Kane when he came over? Bit of a difference over anything we have.

It doesn't.

For my part, it was more hypothetical that he probably wanted/want's to finish his ELC contract as quickly as possible and get a big pay day, since he most likely makes more money than an ELC contract pays him where he is right now.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
According to "Pro Hockey Rumors" … BG is attempting to sign Kaprizov earlier than planned.

Kirill Kaprizov
I think that just means pre-April 30, not that he would play this year still if it resumes. With the KHL finally canceled and Worlds canceled, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Right...I don't think it changes anything in terms of the contract and when it starts. Just would sign earlier than 5/1 because there is no longer a KHL season/playoffs to worry about. It was always going to be a two year deal starting 2020-2021 season right?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
If they have some regular season "play in" games for the playoffs that MN qualifies for then I'm sure that KK and his agent would be angling to play in that, therefore burning a year. I can't see any games being played before May, so I don't see the rush.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
From Russo's article March 27th:

If the Wild end up being allowed to sign Kaprizov imminently, the NHL has already mandated that all players signed to contracts now must have them start in the 2020-21 season.

I haven't been able to find a league source about this and it may not have even been publicly announced. It looks like the guy who just agreed to terms with SJS is waiting to sign to see if he can burn a year this year so who knows.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Is anyone else concerned the coronavirius may lead to Kaprizov maybe staying in KHL for another year? I know the KHL canceled the rest of the season already but if it is more likely the KHL plays a full season next yearand the NHL may not he may want to stay?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Is anyone else concerned the coronavirius may lead to Kaprizov maybe staying in KHL for another year? I know the KHL canceled the rest of the season already but if it is more likely the KHL plays a full season next yearand the NHL may not he may want to stay?
Doubt it

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Russia is not immune from the disease, either. Don't think it will be a factor.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Only way it’s a factor is if the NHL season is delayed. Even then it’s just a factor not a definite reason
Let's say the US and Canada let the NHL play games with no fans. If both of those countries still have travel restrictions for Europe how do you get all those players back onto this continent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->