Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov lll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Anything noteworthy come from it?
Not really I listened to a couple of weeks ago but things I can remember what she said is.
- He spoke more English than you would think
- Told a funny story about him coming into the interview with a saw
-said he would go to eat dinner with Ryan stoa to learn English
-Said she could tell he got nervous about coming to the NHL question because CSKA media was in the room
-Also CSKA fans love him.
That’s all I can remember

Reactions: Wild11MN

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Not really I listened to a couple of weeks ago but things I can remember what she said is.
- He spoke more English than you would think
- Told a funny story about him coming into the interview with a saw
-said he would go to eat dinner with Ryan stoa to learn English
-Said she could tell he got nervous about coming to the NHL question because CSKA media was in the room
-Also CSKA fans love him.
That’s all I can remember
No surprise that Russia still gets super butt hurt over players leaving. If Malkin was Spurgeons size they could've probably smuggled him out in an actual suitcase.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I completely understand their fans being pissed at losing a young, star player.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
But to intimate these guys is not ok. Russia may not be the USSR anymore, but they sure like to use some of the same forms of "persuasion" as their former self.
Kaprizov is still under contract with CSKA. How many players do you know, in any professional hockey league, who will talk on camera and to the media about how excited the are to go play for a different team while still under contract. Now you tell me how many of them would do that when their own teams media crew was in the same f***ing room.

He wasn't being intimidated, he was being respectful.

Last edited by a moderator:

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Goal and assist in todays 3-0 victory over Sibir.
9-game pointstreak, 24 goals and 49 points in 47 games. It’s 95 days ‘till he can sign with us. Olala..

Assist:

Goal;

And this slick dangle that almost became a second assist:

Reactions: DemidovSaveUs

Wabit

May 23, 2016
9-game pointstreak, 24 goals and 49 points in 47 games. It’s 95 days ‘till he can sign with us. Olala..

It's a leap year this year. May 1st is 96 days away.

The most Wild thing to happen:
-Get Kaprizov for the 2nd round of the Playoffs.
-He plays 1 game and burns a year of his ELC.
-Wild eliminated from the Playoffs.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Assist:

Goal;

And this slick dangle that almost became a second assist:

That guy can’t be knocked off the puck. Holy moly

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's a leap year this year. May 1st is 96 days away.

The most Wild thing to happen:
-Get Kaprizov for the 2nd round of the Playoffs.
-He plays 1 game and burns a year of his ELC.
-Wild eliminated from the Playoffs.

They're probably going to burn a year regardless.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If we don't make the playoffs, and the CSKA goes far in theirs, we are off the hook as far as signing him early, aren't we?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
They're probably going to burn a year regardless.

I don't think they'll be able to. A lot of things would have to happen for them to get him into the Apr 4th game (last game of the season).
-KHL team eliminated in the 2nd round or sooner. G7 for round 2 is set for Mar 29/30.
-KHL team lets him out of his contract early. Even if they are out of the Playoffs the contract doesn't end until Apr 30/May 1.
-Gets a ELC signed.
-Gets a work visa.

Around G4 of the 2nd round is about when they could possibly get Kaprizov on the ice if they can't sign him until May 1. The start of WCF is the more realistic date.

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
If CSKA loses in one of the first 2 rounds, I think there’s a possibility he gets a few games with us this year. CSKA would have to release him, technically. But, yeah, we’d have to burn a year

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I see the KHL holding on to him for as long as possible and trying to get him to re-sign there.

The only ways I want to see Kaprizov play for the Wild this year is: if it's in the WCF, or on a ATO/PTO for the rest of the season and his ELC starts next season.

Burning half of his ELC is a dumb organizational move for one or two meaningless games at the end of the season.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I see the KHL holding on to him for as long as possible and trying to get him to re-sign there.

The only ways I want to see Kaprizov play for the Wild this year is: if it's in the WCF, or on a ATO/PTO for the rest of the season and his ELC starts next season.

Burning half of his ELC is a dumb organizational move for one or two meaningless games at the end of the season.
not if you think it will help you out get out in front of a big extension

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Kaprizov is not re-signing with CSKA. Can we end the delusional drivel now please?
That doesn't mean CSKA will make it easy for him to come here. They're more likely to hold firm on him not signing here until his contract is expired in May.

As long as he has a valid KHL contract, he's not signing an NHL contract. His KHL team would have to give their permission to void his contract early even if they have no games left.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Talk about Kaprizov in here

Listened to this podcast.

Gillian Kemmerer speaks incredibly highly of Kaprizov. Says from a personality standpoint he reminds her a lot of Alexei Kovalev.

Sorokin says he's the most frustrating player in practice because of his scoring ability.

Basically confirms Kaprizov will be in the NHL next year. Sorokin too.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Its been a long time since we had a player with mitts like that....going back to Gaborik.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Is there any similarties between kap and kovalev? I only got to see the twilight of his career but he was one of the best in his prime right? Considered one of if not the best shots in the league if I remember correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->