Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov lll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
No, but trading Foligno doesn't really do much to solve the "problem" of having too many top 9 wingers.

Which is why I’d move the least of them down a spot for the time being.

One of the possible answers is to try and make 3a and 3b situation, and not just a 3 and 4.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Which is why I’d move the least of them down a spot for the time being.

One of the possible answers is to try and make 3a and 3b situation, and not just a 3 and 4.
Then you would need to trade Ek and Rask

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Ek actually isn't producing all that poorly for a 3rd line player with no PP time.
If Ek could stop regularly whiffing on shots and be a little quicker with the ones he gets on net the goals would probably come as well. For a guy that was at least kind of touted as a shooter when he was drafted it still seems weird that his shooting percentage is so low (5.8% overall and 2.3% right now).

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
I think EK has been slowly improving every season. He is the center of our 3rd line who has been up against top lines and nearly shutting them down. I fully believe he can get more offense going, but for now Ill take the defensive center. He is for sure a 3C.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Not a lot of talk on him lately, but looks like he is third in points per game in the KHL still.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
The Faceoff: Kirill Kaprizov

Interview with Kirill. Also, listen to the podcast on the Athletic with Gillian for more. She tells a funny story about Kirill coming into the locker room swinging a saw over his head with a bow on it and a few other interesting tidbits. As far as I know, she's the only American reporter that is over there in contact with Kirill quite a bit.

Reactions: MK9

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Fiala-Rossi-Kaprizov...
upload_2020-1-19_15-4-3.jpeg

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
From a KHL players' poll on ESPN:

Which KHL player will be the next big star in North America?
Dawes: Kaprizov. I think everyone sees it. It's kind of a no-brainer. He's a great player, he's done a lot already in his young career. I'm sure he'll face some challenges going over to North America, but the way he plays the game and the type of guy he is, and his character, I think he'll have a lot of success in the NHL.
Sorokin: Kaprizov. His hockey intellect is very high. He has a good shot, as well as good vision.
Genoway: Kirill Kaprizov, obviously, I think has a really good chance. Sorokin, if he ever decides to go. There's a lot of good goalies in this league. Another guy who might fly under the radar a little bit is Denis Zernov from Avangard Omsk. That guy has a chance; he can play at both ends of the rink.
Kaprizov: [laughs] I don't know, I don't know. [After learning that the other players named him.] Thank you, we'll see.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I didn’t think players in the KHL were that open about players leaving for North America.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I didn’t think players in the KHL were that open about players leaving for North America.

Yeah I’m personally surprised the league doesn’t try to squash that stuff more, but the players themselves have to be pretty realistic with each other. Everyone knows he’s coming over. Hell, Genoway and Dawes are NA players, Sorokin should be over with the Isles eventually.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
There are actually six responses in the article. The other three also said Kaprizov. Get on the hype train.

Reactions: zellmatic

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Imagine if he comes over and tops out as a middle six, LHS winger, fighting Parise, Zucker, Lizard, Greenway, Boldy, and Fiala for TOI.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Imagine if he comes over and tops out as a middle six, LHS winger, fighting Parise, Zucker, Lizard, Greenway, Boldy, and Fiala for TOI.:rolleyes:
You say that like it’s a bad thing. He was a 5th rounder. It’s a win if a 5th rounder even makes the NHL as a regular.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
If you have the Athletic app this is a great interview sounds like he has pretty good personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad