Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov III - Still Waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Nice straw man argument. Even though you use the phrase “by your logic” you either don’t actually understand logic or you are being deliberately obtuse. In either case stop wasting my time.
You are the one on the iNterNetz. Quit wasting your own time?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don’t know how a buyout works. Sure thing. I’ve been following and contributing to this thread for years. But I’m done here, certainly at this point you and I are not adding anything of substance.

What are you looking for? What’s your goal?

Like yeah, technically, it a possibility that he could have silently given notice that he plans to buy his contract out, it could have gone all this time without being leaked or reported, and he could be on the roster next season.

But what do you hope to gain by speculating in the infinitesimal chances of that? What’s your point?

Reactions: 2Pair and 57special

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis

Attachments

• 69A78C12-0C8A-4E00-93EF-D45D0204F636.jpeg
    69A78C12-0C8A-4E00-93EF-D45D0204F636.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 9

Zeke Boyat

Apr 11, 2019
Technically him buying out his contract isnt (with 18 months notice) isnt the ONLY way for him to get out of it. The team and player can agree to mutually terminate a contract, that has been done several times in the KHL. Still very unlikely, but from what Russo/etc have said, there is a small chance they mutually terminate the contract if CSKA wins the Gagarin Cup. Again, not likely, but a small chance.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
I'm assuming the last would be a Stanley Cup champion?

On whatever team we trade him to after he burns out here.
And world championship gold medal. Quadruple gold club? Goes down as the best player the Wild ever drafted, and he'll win it all when he's not a part of the Wild organization.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Technically him buying out his contract isnt (with 18 months notice) isnt the ONLY way for him to get out of it. The team and player can agree to mutually terminate a contract, that has been done several times in the KHL. Still very unlikely, but from what Russo/etc have said, there is a small chance they mutually terminate the contract if CSKA wins the Gagarin Cup. Again, not likely, but a small chance.
Again, why would CSKA do that? That would be counter to their interests. If anything, CSKA would be more likeLy to try and re-sign Kaprizov to a new contract.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Again, why would CSKA do that? That would be counter to their interests. If anything, CSKA would be more likeLy to try and re-sign Kaprizov to a new contract.
Because they know he wants to play in the NHL eventually, and by letting him go now, when the next lockout happens (which will happen) they could get him back for that final year at that time.

Again, infinitesimal chance at best, but one with logic behind it.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I really am not even so much as a lift of my pinky's hope up, but damn it I would freak the **** out if he said "Well, not much more to do, let's go play NHL hockey".

Reactions: Wild11MN

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Not sure why everyone is getting all excited there is no rumor anywhere on this from a credible source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad