Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov III - Still Waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
who at #3 is a sure thing to be better than kaprizov? i vote no.

Kaprizov isn’t even a sure thing himself. Strome is more of a sure thing than Kaprizov. And he’s a center. #3 is the icing and cherry on top.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
you want to trade the only potential superstar we've had since gabby? veto from me.
Wouldn't the #3 pick produce a potential superstar? Not to mention adding a young potential long term top 6 center. Would you trade Kaprizov for 1st overall? At what point does the offer become enough to bypass giving up a potential superstar?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
you want to trade the only potential superstar we've had since gabby? veto from me.

I’m not sure to what extent Kaprizov is a “potential superstar” that can’t also extend to someone like Turcotte. Even if Kaprizov ends up being an 80 point center, and Kaprizov a 90 point winger, we still come out on top of that with the dual U23 top 6 centers for the next decade

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
There are ( supposedly) two stars in this draft, one top pairing Dman, then a bunch of forwards who are hard to differentiate. Turcotte is by no means a much better bet to succeed in the NHL than Newhook, Kreba, Zegras, et al.
Kaprizov has successfully jumped througH every hoop possible without playing in the NHL. Still not a sure thing, but he certainly has the potential to be legit 1st liner. Are we sure we want to trade that for a less certain player?

Count me in as less than convinced about Strome.

Last edited:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
why would they do it if its such a good deal for us?
Realistically I doubt they would.

I'm also sort of skeptical of preferring #3 to Kaprizov. Kaprizov's shown plenty at basically every level by now and is a year away from coming over and likely being an immediate impact player. Having the first pick of that 3-12 tier rather than the last would be great, but how sure are we that there are players in there that are likely to be as good as Kaprizov appears to be? I genuinely don't know, but I'll usually take the bird in the hand.

I think when you add in Strome and consider our long term needs at center it changes things, but setting that aside I don't think choosing between Kaprizov or #3 is all that easy.

Reactions: FVM and 2Pair

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
There are ( supposedly) two stars in this draft, one top pairing Dman, then a bunch of forwards who are hard to differentiate. Turcotte is by no means a much better bet to succeed in the NHL than Newhook, Kreba, Zegras, et al.
Kaprizov has successfully jumped througH every hoop possible without playing in the NHL. Still not a sure thing, but he certainly has the potential to be legit 1st liner. Are we sure we want to trade that for a less certain player?

Count me in as less than convinced about Strome.
52 points out of a 22 year old center isnt convincing?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
One has to wonder if we get Arizona Strome or Chicago Strome, especially when we don't have a Kane to play him next to.

Probably somewhere in the middle, though I don't believe he played much with Kane.

I'm not looking to get rid Kaprizov, and I don't think Chicago would in any way consider it, but going from a very, very questionable future at the center position to a Turcotte/Strome/Eriksson Ek future would be pretty appealing.

Reactions: AKL

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Probably somewhere in the middle, though I don't believe he played much with Kane.

I'm not looking to get rid Kaprizov, and I don't think Chicago would in any way consider it, but going from a very, very questionable future at the center position to a Turcotte/Strome/Eriksson Ek future would be pretty appealing.
Yeah, I couldn't find hard numbers on linemates, just an article from mid-season about the two of them.

I was hoping Fenton would pursue him when the trade rumors came up last autumn so it's still kind of galling to see him in Chicago. We didn't really have a Schmaltz to offer, though.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
If you think that Kaprizov is still a flight risk, you take #3/Strome and run. If you are confident that he is coming, you keep him.

I wonder what GMPF would do?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If you think that Kaprizov is still a flight risk, you take #3/Strome and run. If you are confident that he is coming, you keep him.

I'm not even 100% that this would be true. If you're confident that he's coming, but you think that you can solve all of your questions at the center position in one move, then you probably do it.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005

GMPF would probably tell them to just keep #3 and do Kaprizov for Strome straight up.

Reactions: Spurgeon

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I don’t know why the general theory around here is that Kaprizov is some guaranteed 50 goal, 120 point scorer. He’s put up numbers comparable to some good players, but he’s also not really improving those numbers by any significant margin YOY. And there’s no guarantee whatsoever that he’ll be any better than Turcotte, let alone more valuable than Turcotte and Strome who are both centers. And there’s no guarantee his game will translate to the NHL the same way Kuznetsov or Panarin did. And I sure hope you aren’t telling me he has Malkin or Ovechkin potential, because that would just be silly.

Like Dr said, I don’t think anyone is actively looking to get rid of Kaprizov. But you better be damn certain of what he, Strome, and #3oa are going to be if you’re going to turn down that kind of value.

GMPF would probably tell them to just keep #3 and do Kaprizov for Strome straight up.

Hot take.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So we get Cozens/Byram+Strome for Kaprizov. Take that and try not to sound giddy on the phone while the deal is being made.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
50 and 120 would be nice. I’m more of the thought that if he is an NHL ready scorer, having him on an ELC would sure add some flexibility to make other spots better.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
In today's Finland - Russia semifinal, I think Kaprizov was the most dangerous Russian player on the ice, in a team with Ovechkin, Kucherov, Kuznetsov, Kovalchuk, Malkin & co. I want to see him in a Wild sweater so badly. What a talent.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
In today's Finland - Russia semifinal, I think Kaprizov was the most dangerous Russian player on the ice, in a team with Ovechkin, Kucherov, Kuznetsov, Kovalchuk, Malkin & co. I want to see him in a Wild sweater so badly. What a talent.
does he remind you of any one NHL player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->