Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov II: (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I'm mostly worried about nicknames... Which one is KK, Kaapo or Kirill? Or are they gonna be KaK and KiK? Kaapzy and Kirilzy? Kähkzy and Kapzy? Kaapzy and Kapzy?

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
No worries Walz will have it for us: Kirilly Kaprizov and Kaapy Kahkonen. :sarcasm:

I just use KK and goalie KK. :dunno:

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think that’s what he actually wanted to go by.

Really? The only time I ever heard it was when Walz opened his mouth. Hockey players aren't very original with their nicknames; just add an ie, er, s to their name somehow and that's it. Moose is most original nickname (that I can think of) on the team currently, and even that's close to Marcus.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Really? The only time I ever heard it was when Walz opened his mouth. Hockey players aren't very original with their nicknames; just add an ie, er, s to their name somehow and that's it. Moose is most original nickname (that I can think of) on the team currently, and even that's close to Marcus.

I 100% can't prove it and I 100% couldn't find anything to support it, but something sticks in my mind, either when he was playing for the Gophers or Wild, that somebody said something to that effect.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I 100% can't prove it and I 100% couldn't find anything to support it, but something sticks in my mind, either when he was playing for the Gophers or Wild, that somebody said something to that effect.
Yeah, he's always gone with Mikey as far as I can remember.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm mostly worried about nicknames... Which one is KK, Kaapo or Kirill? Or are they gonna be KaK and KiK? Kaapzy and Kirilzy? Kähkzy and Kapzy? Kaapzy and Kapzy?

:sarcasm:
These are good problems to have, my friend. Good problems.

Reactions: FVM and W75

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Kahkonen aiming for the empty net...
Kaprizov negating the icing and passing back to...
Koivu, who scores the ENG.

One of those KKK-goals...:help:

Reactions: Twoods1623

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Will Koivu still be playing in 2020?
Easily aka unfortunately because JEE is our only young C.
He‘ll take the face offs, especially in the own end.
Then he asks a young skater to pull him off the ice.

With an empty net he stays on the ice. He‘ll score 12-15 ENG.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Some players still retire while under contract.

2 years is a long time when talking about the end of a player's career. I just wouldn't call it a given. I'd like to still see him going, but you never know.

I haven’t seen anything from him that would make me think that he’d say “no thank you” to $5.5 million.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I haven’t seen anything from him that would make me think that he’d say “no thank you” to $5.5 million.
We never saw any indication Walz Wild say no thank you either, but yet he walked away mid season.

Im not saying Koivu would ever go to that extreme, but I could see him as the type to say enough is enough one day, even though he gives it his all every time he steps ot there.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Some players still retire while under contract.

2 years is a long time when talking about the end of a player's career. I just wouldn't call it a given. I'd like to still see him going, but you never know.

The Wild would be on the hook for his cap hit still. It would be a great way to end your career by giving the middle finger to the only team you've played for.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The Wild would be on the hook for his cap hit still. It would be a great way to end your career by giving the middle finger to the only team you've played for.
Or, like many teams before them, come up with a way for LTIR. Unless you think Hossa's contract is hurting the Hawks.

Then both sides are happy.

Those damn equipment allergies! :laugh:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Or, like many teams before them, come up with a way for LTIR. Unless you think Hossa's contract is hurting the Hawks.

Then both sides are happy.

Those damn equipment allergies! :laugh:

I’m over the Hawks thing. I don’t think for second that Hossa doesn’t want to be playing right now.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I’m over the Hawks thing. I don’t think for second that Hossa doesn’t want to be playing right now.
I think Hossa is glad he got gettin while the gettin was good.

Even Zetterberg didn't finish his contract... he also went to ltir instead of playing it out. Funny, that was also a two year extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->