Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov II: (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If he's got any brains, he'll be licking his chops at the idea of playing with Granlund.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
i saw during the game vs canucks he was in a wild sweater for a photo. hopefully that is a good sign

DsT6zvvXcAAy5OQ.jpg:large

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I don't really think there have been any 'bad' signs for quite some time (at least showing he wouldn't be interested in signing here). Things were weird when he signed his current KHL deal. Obviously there are some conspiracy theories about why he signed it that we probably shouldn't get into since who knows if they're true or not, but I really haven't gotten the impression that he'll holdout for a trade to a different team or sign another KHL deal.

Possible big problem is his contract expires right when we'd be possibly looking at another labor dispute in the NHL - probably would be very frustrating for him to think he's finally coming over to play NHL hockey and there aren't actual games going on. So there are some variables, but at this time I'm not really too concerned.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I don't really think there have been any 'bad' signs for quite some time (at least showing he wouldn't be interested in signing here). Things were weird when he signed his current KHL deal. Obviously there are some conspiracy theories about why he signed it that we probably shouldn't get into since who knows if they're true or not, but I really haven't gotten the impression that he'll holdout for a trade to a different team or sign another KHL deal.

Possible big problem is his contract expires right when we'd be possibly looking at another labor dispute in the NHL - probably would be very frustrating for him to think he's finally coming over to play NHL hockey and there aren't actual games going on. So there are some variables, but at this time I'm not really too concerned.

indeed. the only bad sign was when it was reported he said he was frustrated the wild had not tried to communicate with him and drafted him late in the draft. thats the only negatives i have heard. if we have another lockout season right when he comes over we could lose him sadly..

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
indeed. the only bad sign was when it was reported he said he was frustrated the wild had not tried to communicate with him and drafted him late in the draft. thats the only negatives i have heard. if we have another lockout season right when he comes over we could lose him sadly..

And... thus ends our chances of getting Kaprizov. I completely forgot it was the same year. Even a partial lockout could be a killer for at least an extra year.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Not sure there's much to worry about. His KHL contract expires in April or May of 2020. Earliest that the current CBA could be terminated is September 15, 2020 (as it stands, it expires in 2022). I would assume Kaprizov would be signing a rookie max deal as soon as his team is eliminated.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think the answer to that is "Yes"
I believe the belief in Russia among fans is that the KHL is the top league in the world. So, they probably think the Wild are bad and Kaprizov is just money hungry if he comes here.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Not sure there's much to worry about. His KHL contract expires in April or May of 2020. Earliest that the current CBA could be terminated is September 15, 2020 (as it stands, it expires in 2022). I would assume Kaprizov would be signing a rookie max deal as soon as his team is eliminated.
Everyone keeps bringing up 2020 as a potential lockout season, so I didn't realize it technically expired in 2022. Is there just that little optimism about it?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The KHL season ends in February this year. if it ends in February next year we could have kaprizov for last 25ish games of the season.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Everyone keeps bringing up 2020 as a potential lockout season, so I didn't realize it technically expired in 2022. Is there just that little optimism about it?

The CBA expires in 2022, with some conditions. As it stands now, the NHL has an opt out on September 1st 2019, and the NHLPA September 19, 2019. If either opts out the CBA will end a year later, September 15th, 2020.

The current speculation is the NHLPA will opt out, causing a lockout to happen September 15th 2020.

So there is some slight risk, that Kaprisov and his agent wouldn't want to sign if the NHLPA opts out, because it would mean that given he is on an ELC, he could be forced to ride busses in Iowa for 70k a year (+ the 90k signing bonus).

I'm not sure if the Wild would have the ability to loan him or allow him to play in the KHL during the lockout. Yakupov was able to, but per the NHL-CHL agreement, the Wild were unable to send Yakupov to the AHL, not sure how that changes thing.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
That's right. The impending lockout could sabotage his signing. Oh, bummer! I was really starting to get excited about getting Kaprizov. … was thinking about what line he would be on, how many goals he would score and if I could understand anything anyone said from his first interview with Sid Hartman.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
If talking about the lockout and Kaprizov then there's a very good example in Tarasenko, who had similar case in 2012: on signing of the deal it was agreed that Blues would allow him to play in the KHL until the end of the lockout instead of sending him to the AHL.

Good to know there is precedent. I should have thought about Tarasenko.

Reactions: DumbaTrain

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
KK is 39th in the KHL in scoring. Third on his team after Grigorenko and Linden Vey.

Just a little reminder to folks here KK might not be the savior we are looking for.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
KK is 39th in the KHL in scoring. Third on his team after Grigorenko and Linden Vey.

Just a little reminder to folks here KK might not be the savior we are looking for.

21 year old KK in KHL: 30GP 21p (13+8)

21 year old Kuznetsov: 31GP 21p (8+13)

Not to imply they are equal but I wouldn't get too worried just based on those point totals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->