Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov II: (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
4 goals and 7 points on 18 shots on goal in the last 5 games including an OT winner. Seems to be finding his groove.

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
Kirill is so hyped right now that if he doesn't break to TOP 6 and hit 70 points in his debut season I'm gonna puke around.

Hopefully he will shine against SKA today btw.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i might be his biggest fan and i never said he was going to tear up the nhl the second he gets here. he'll probably need a year or 2 to adjust. year 3 i will have very high expectations.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I'd expect him to produce almost immediately. Not necessarily at an elite level, but with very solid production. He'll be 23 and he'll have played in the second best league in the world for years by then.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Well you could look at Tolvanen who came over with very high expectations and has struggled. But his highlights were ones you never see in the NHL. He played a slow game, used a lot of open ice and picked his shots. Not things that translate well to the smaller, faster ice. Kaprizov's highlights involve a lot of one timers, quick plays and finding space closer in to the net. Plus he'll be 22-23 when he does come over. My expectation is around 60+ points in his first full season, but 50-70 wouldn't surprise me.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I'm not a fan of Russian players in general, but Kaprizov is one of the exceptions... And not only an exception, He seems to have a brilliant personality that could light up this team. Sometimes it's not just about the points a player scores.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Well it all depends how good you think he is. Tarasenko came over in the middle of his 21 year old season, played 38 games and scored 18 points. His 22 year old season, first full in the NHL, he scored 43 points in 64 games. Then he scored 37 goals next season.

Kaprizov turns 22 at the end of this season and looks like he's coming over about one year after that, making him almost 23 years old at that point. So he'll be 23 in his first full NHL season in 20-21. That's when Tarasenko was already at his best. If you think he's going to be a gamebreaker like that, you should expect him to start producing pretty quickly.

It would help a lot if you had a stud like Barkov you could plant him with (if you look at someone like Dadonov). Not just in terms of play, but language too which is probably going to be an issue.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
In terms of play, him and Granlund could be magic together if he's really the goal scorer everyone thinks he could be... just find a big center to play between them.

Time will tell though if he can find the same success in the tighter confines of an NHL rink.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You could see Fenton doing a mental double take when the interviewer asked if KK could be to the Wild as McDavid is to EDM.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Quotes from the latest Russo story:
To Russia with love: Wild owner writes Kirill Kaprizov a...
Unfortunately, Leipold’s twice-replaced left hip didn’t heal fast enough for the team’s owner to cross the Atlantic with Fenton on Saturday morning so he could meet Kaprizov. So Leipold did the next best thing he could think of: On personalized Minnesota Wild Craig Leipold stationary, the owner wrote Kaprizov a letter … in Russian.
“It was just a personal letter saying that I apologize that I can’t make it … but I told Kirill that, ‘The State of Hockey is so looking forward to having you play here and we can’t wait for you to come to this state.’ Paul sent a note back that said, ‘Kirill loved the letter and is so pumped to come here, I think he would come right now if he could.’”

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Unfortunately, Leipold’s twice-replaced left hip didn’t heal fast enough for the team’s owner to cross the Atlantic with Fenton on Saturday morning so he could meet Kaprizov. So Leipold did the next best thing he could think of: On personalized Minnesota Wild Craig Leipold stationary, the owner wrote Kaprizov a letter … in Russian.
“It was just a personal letter saying that I apologize that I can’t make it … but I told Kirill that, ‘The State of Hockey is so looking forward to having you play here and we can’t wait for you to come to this state.’ Paul sent a note back that said, ‘Kirill loved the letter and is so pumped to come here, I think he would come right now if he could.’”

Why does this sound like a high school conversation of: he's likes you, and he even "likes you" likes you?

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Well it all depends how good you think he is. Tarasenko came over in the middle of his 21 year old season, played 38 games and scored 18 points. His 22 year old season, first full in the NHL, he scored 43 points in 64 games. Then he scored 37 goals next season.

Kaprizov turns 22 at the end of this season and looks like he's coming over about one year after that, making him almost 23 years old at that point. So he'll be 23 in his first full NHL season in 20-21. That's when Tarasenko was already at his best. If you think he's going to be a gamebreaker like that, you should expect him to start producing pretty quickly.

It would help a lot if you had a stud like Barkov you could plant him with (if you look at someone like Dadonov). Not just in terms of play, but language too which is probably going to be an issue.

I'll grab the low hanging fruit since no one else chose to. Barkov is not Russian, he's Finnish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad