Confirmed with Link: Kirby Dach has been recalled (& is staying in the NHL)

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
let's also understand this..the Devils and Rangers were worse off teams than us last year, and IMO still are. The Rangers just aren't that deep overall outside of Panarin and Zibanejad and the Devils are so thin offensively despite making upgrades. much more is expected out the gate of those two kids than here with Dach..

for right now, Dach is in a perfect situation. there is enough talent on this team to help shield him...everyone clamors for more minutes, but with more minutes comes tougher matchups. Dach has handled himself nicely and has shown he deserves more ice time..but Kakko and Hughes are getting the top d pairings and top lines against them nightly..Hughes especially when he plays with Hall..Kakko getting a lot of 2nd line minutes as well, drawing tougher competition.

we all love Dach, and he looks to be the real deal, but he is NOT better than Kakko or Hughes right now....maybe in a few years it will come out that way, but we all need to use context here and just be thankful we have an 18 year old contributing the way he has been. there WILL be ups and downs this year, please don't jump off a ledge when the downs come, because they will..but for right now we all should be excited for what he is doing, but 12 games into a season does not make a career...I still take both Hughes and Kakko over Dach today..wouldn't think twice about it either.

HauntingFrailAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

You should take your Red Dogs back to the store and try to get a refund.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
let's also understand this..the Devils and Rangers were worse off teams than us last year, and IMO still are. The Rangers just aren't that deep overall outside of Panarin and Zibanejad and the Devils are so thin offensively despite making upgrades. much more is expected out the gate of those two kids than here with Dach..

for right now, Dach is in a perfect situation. there is enough talent on this team to help shield him...everyone clamors for more minutes, but with more minutes comes tougher matchups. Dach has handled himself nicely and has shown he deserves more ice time..but Kakko and Hughes are getting the top d pairings and top lines against them nightly..Hughes especially when he plays with Hall..Kakko getting a lot of 2nd line minutes as well, drawing tougher competition.

we all love Dach, and he looks to be the real deal, but he is NOT better than Kakko or Hughes right now....maybe in a few years it will come out that way, but we all need to use context here and just be thankful we have an 18 year old contributing the way he has been. there WILL be ups and downs this year, please don't jump off a ledge when the downs come, because they will..but for right now we all should be excited for what he is doing, but 12 games into a season does not make a career...I still take both Hughes and Kakko over Dach today..wouldn't think twice about it either.
giphy.gif

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
HauntingFrailAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

You should take your Red Dogs back to the store and try to get a refund.
or.....down a few doggies and let's not turn into Leafs fans that make judgments after 12 games...Dach has the chance to be a special player, let's give the kid some time and take a deep breath here before we start putting out posts how much better the third overall pick is than #1 and #2.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
or.....down a few doggies and let's not turn into Leafs fans that make judgments after 12 games...Dach has the chance to be a special player, let's give the kid some time and take a deep breath here before we start putting out posts how much better the third overall pick is than #1 and #2.
A lot of these posts are in jest. It's a small sample size and like you said, he doesn't need to be THE guy here, unlike Hughes and a lesser extent Kakko. Also, Hughes wasn't drafted for his ability to quickly transition to the NHL, with his size and him being a later birthday, him going first was always going to be about the long game.

However, no matter the set of circumstance between the three, the fact is that Kirby has been the only one able to constantly put up points at even strength so far this season. That's 100% worthy of getting excited about.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
A lot of these posts are in jest. It's a small sample size and like you said, he doesn't need to be THE guy here, unlike Hughes and a lesser extent Kakko. Also, Hughes wasn't drafted for his ability to quickly transition to the NHL, with his size and him being a later birthday, him going first was always going to be about the long game.

However, no matter the set of circumstance between the three, the fact is that Kirby has been the only one able to constantly put up points at even strength so far this season. That's 100% worthy of getting excited about.

Yep. Got to know when to pick your spots, and right now is the right time to brag, in jest, about Dach.

Reactions: d rake

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

I agree, I f***ing scream in the GDTs about how good this kid is...all I am saying/hoping for is that we don't turn into Leafs fans and start saying things like Dach is better than Hughes/Kakko on the main board/prospect board based on a small sample size...everything is not even between the three right now, but for what we have seen Dach has been amazing and has the chance to be the best player from this draft...I do believe that is possible from what I have seen so far.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I agree, I ****ing scream in the GDTs about how good this kid is...all I am saying/hoping for is that we don't turn into Leafs fans and start saying things like Dach is better than Hughes/Kakko on the main board/prospect board based on a small sample size...everything is not even between the three right now, but for what we have seen Dach has been amazing and has the chance to be the best player from this draft...I do believe that is possible from what I have seen so far.

Can't we just make a "Dach >>> Hughes/Kakko and Seabrook to Vancouver" thread?

The OP can just be "Discuss."

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I agree, I ****ing scream in the GDTs about how good this kid is...all I am saying/hoping for is that we don't turn into Leafs fans and start saying things like Dach is better than Hughes/Kakko on the main board/prospect board based on a small sample size...everything is not even between the three right now, but for what we have seen Dach has been amazing and has the chance to be the best player from this draft...I do believe that is possible from what I have seen so far.

Yeah, when I saw that first goal go in last night I was thinking that Dach is playing well but is also getting some puck luck ..... then he scored again ... a beauty back-hand tucked under the crossbar that looked Kane-like in its execution. Wow!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah, when I saw that first goal go in last night I was thinking that Dach is playing well but is also getting some puck luck ..... then he scored again ... a beauty back-hand tucked under the crossbar that looked Kane-like in its execution. Wow!
I watched a stretch of Devils games where Hughes for 3 straight games should have had at least a goal and an assist but had the shittiest puck luck ever..I couldn't believe my eyes, the kid has been robbed at least a half a dozen points in the games I have seen alone...Devils fans say it is just as bad in other games as well. things are clicking for Dach and happy for him, but luck does stop at some point, let's see how he responds to some adversity..

Reactions: BobbyJet

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
imagine thinking dach isnt the best player from his draft class...some avs fan on the mainboard said that dach reminds them a lot of rantanen because of the size/skill factor...thats all i needed to hear to know dach is the next generational talent in the league

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Back in April after the lottery, I looked at all of the internet video I could find regarding Byram, Turcotte, Dach, Cozens, Podkolzin, et al. Posted my thoughts in the draft threads.

I had Turcotte just ahead of Dach, with everyone else behind by quite a bit (excluding JH and KK here, and didn’t want Byram as yet another drafted dman). Didn’t see any skating issues, with great edgework, and even thought he was reasonably fast. He hunted pucks down, showed soft hands and an excellent shot, along with excellent playmaking ability.

I think we’re going to start seeing more assists from him like the one to Kubalik the other night. Just needs offensively talented linemates. That steal also was typical of many internet highlights of his, including one where he stole the puck from Byram almost exactly like just before the Kubalik assist, same place too.

Only thing I’m worried about right now is his inability to avoid the big hit.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I have claimed the bolded since the draft and people acted like it was preposterous. I’m happy the Avs got Byram but you guys genuinely got the real gem.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Would be a shame if there was ever shit-posting on the main boards.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Forgot to mention: when watching the Bruins feed the other night they announced Dach as 6'4" and 214 lbs. Not sure where they were getting their stats from though; they also said Seabs at 34 was still playing 23 minutes a night which is not accurate.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Forgot to mention: when watching the Bruins feed the other night they announced Dach as 6'4" and 214 lbs. Not sure where they were getting their stats from though; they also said Seabs at 34 was still playing 23 minutes a night which is not accurate.

Jack Edwards.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
How has Dach performed lately in your fans view?

he's a beauty..very happy with the pick...how does Byram look this year in junior? It will be very interesting to follow both their careers cause we easily could've swapped picks if Bowman selected Byram...

Reactions: avsfan09

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad