Kirby Dach Appreciation Thread

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
After his stellar playoff performance, do you think people have taken notice? The one knock I can think of that everyone else is aware of is he missed grade A shot opportunities. We don’t have to talk about how excellent he was, we all saw. I believe this kid can become must see TV the way he plays, both sides of the ice.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
After his stellar playoff performance, do you think people have taken notice? The one knock I can think of that everyone else is aware of is he missed grade A shot opportunities. We don’t have to talk about how excellent he was, we all saw. I believe this kid can become must see TV the way he plays, both sides of the ice.
His confidence level was noticeably higher in the 'playoffs'.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
After watching him in the POs he is gonna be one of the top breakout candidates next year. The guy is almost always gonna be playing with a 30-40 goal scorer in Kane, Kubalik or Cat. With his skills it's pretty easy to see him breaking 60 plus points next year with first PP time.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
After watching him in the POs he is gonna be one of the top breakout candidates next year. The guy is almost always gonna be playing with a 30-40 goal scorer in Kane, Kubalik or Cat. With his skills it's pretty easy to see him breaking 60 plus points next year with first PP time.

I still say Kirby Dach reminds me of Joe Thornton...... though I'm hoping he will soon be considered more as a shoot-first guy. Goalies need to be second-guessing a shooter - you can bet that they're well aware that Dach's tendency is to be a pass-first guy.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I still say Kirby Dach reminds me of Joe Thornton...... though I'm hoping he will soon be considered more as a shoot-first guy. Goalies need to be second-guessing a shooter - you can bet that they're well aware that Dach's tendency is to be a pass-first guy.

I see the play making and vision of Thornton mixed the tenacity and grittiness of Getzlaf, who is obviously quite the playmaker himself.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
When Joe Thornton was in his offensive hey-day with SJ, he was awesome. I can remember Don Cherry hailing Joe as the best player in the NHL at that time and he could have been right.
My only concern with Dach is his health. He reminds me a lot of Roenick in that he plays with reckless abandon - gotta be concerned about his knees.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I'm glad I was wrong that we reached. I knew we were swinging for the fences but its been nice so far.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
What do you guys think his point total will be next year. I'm going with low 50's, 20 goals maybe?
haha.

in a 42 game season I'd put him with about 10-12 goals and 30-35 pts.

30 pts would be a 58 pt pace and 10 goals would be a 19 goal pace over 82.

In a 48 game season I'd put him with 12-14 goals and 35-40 pts.

12 goals would be 21 goals over 82. 35 pts would be 60 pts over 82.

Last edited:
Reactions: xigon

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Especially given we’ll see the DeBrincat-Dach first line that gets ~20 total minutes a game

By all means, Dach should be given free rein to wreak havoc. You let your stallion run. And I fully believe JC will. As long as Dach's playing well, he'll be playing a lot. Watching him blossom is going to be a treat.

Really want him working on his shot and not deferring as much.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
What do you guys think his point total will be next year. I'm going with low 50's, 20 goals maybe?

I would say his rookie season was a resounding success, and those numbers sound like a good and reasonable bar for Dach in his sophomore season. But it's much more than numbers with this guy, a stud with unlimited potential. If I was JC I'd turn him loose and let him play his own game with no limitations. His instincts to play both ends of the ice are obvious and pretty rare.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
He recently came out with a list of top 25 players under 23 years old or something like that and it was atrocious. Isn’t Pronman the guy who doesn’t like Boqvist or Mitchell too?
He doesn't like either guy that much, to be honest. He realizes that Boqvist is a good prospect but he ranked him 55th overall on the U23 which is um....kinda low. In his opinion Boqvist has borderline top pair potential, but more likely a 2nd pairing D. He thinks that Mitchell is a borderline 2nd pairing D.

He had Alex Nylander and Puljujarvi higher than Mitchell. I still think Nylander can become something, but the odds are pretty low at this point, and this is coming from someone who didn't hate that deal.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
This. Pronman is nuts.

If Pronman really was that good at evaluating young talent he would be a scout. I read him kinda to see who is on the radar but I don't even know if he attends games in person. For the number of players he ranks, I really can't imagine he watches that much tape per player.

I think, by contrast, a guy like Bob MacKenzie does his rankings based on talking to sources so his rankings are more about what players are generating interest.

Reactions: Muffinalt

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If Pronman really was that good at evaluating young talent he would be a scout. I read him kinda to see who is on the radar but I don't even know if he attends games in person. For the number of players he ranks, I really can't imagine he watches that much tape per player.

I think, by contrast, a guy like Bob MacKenzie does his rankings based on talking to sources so his rankings are more about what players are generating interest.

Yeah I guess I never really thought about it but how do guys like Button, Mackenzie, the NHL Network guys, TSN guys, etc...determine their lists? Are they out there on the road even a little bit? Tough to imagine they’re seeing watching NHL and most CHL games over a season. Maybe they are, who knows. Do they have a bunch of scout-friends that they trust who send in their lists?

If you’re not watching these kids regularly how can you formulate a detailed opinion about them? Just look at HF Boards on the main thread. Apparently a tens of thousands of die hard hockey fans and they still say tons of stupid shit about the Blackhawks and have since I started posting here. There’s probably STILL people that think Kane played most of his career on Toews’ line. All because they’ll see a couple Hawks regular season games every now and then and they think they know what they’re talking about.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad