Kirby Dach Appreciation Thread

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I think Kopitar gets more recognition for being a great two way player than Toews does on HF. People think Kopitar is just better than Toews whereas I think they're similar players but they rack up their points differently.
Toews was generally viewed more favorably up until the 15-16 season. Kopitar had a down year or two since, but Toews having three down years consecutively while being tied for the highest paid player in the league for a bit during that time helped put some stank on his reputation.

Plus Toews was such a media darling at points throughout his career that some hockey fans started to consider him overhyped. If the media didn't overhype him so much, he'd likely be less disliked here.

I personally view them as very similar players, with Toews having a better career prior to the 15-16 season and Kopitar having a better career since.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Toews was generally viewed more favorably up until the 15-16 season. Kopitar had a down year or two since, but Toews having three down years consecutively while being tied for the highest paid player in the league for a bit during that time helped put some stank on his reputation.

Plus Toews was such a media darling at points throughout his career that some hockey fans started to consider him overhyped. If the media didn't overhype him so much, he'd likely be less disliked here.
Toews down years were puck luck related. You can't do anything about a shooting percentage dip/assists being down. Even with his 3 down years shooting % wise Toews still shoots at 13.9% for his career.

2018 was probably the worst team he was on as well. His linemates were horrible that year.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Toews down years were puck luck related. You can't do anything about a shooting percentage dip/assists being down. Even with his 3 down years shooting % wise Toews still shoots at 13.9% for his career.

2018 was probably the worst team he was on as well. His linemates were horrible that year.

They were not really puck luck related. his level of play was down. It was obvious when you watched him.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Like BK said, he had a bad year.

Kopitar has had bad years too. But Toews having 3 bad seasons in a row had a negative effect on what people think of him. It is what it is.

Like I said before, it's hard to put up points and be a strong 2-way guy.

Reactions: Naster Okan

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Let's not forget who selected Kirby boys

giphy.gif

The muppet vampire himself

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I’ve never been happier to have picked the wrong guy. I didn’t see enough of Dach to have a strong enough opinion on him but was interested when they selected him and then I dug in on him more and was really happy with the pick. Kudos to those who were on the train pre-draft. Kid is going to be a star.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad