Kirby Dach Appreciation Thread

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
Dylan Strome was also a 3rd overall pick. But Dach and Strome are completely different as to how they play. Same with Dach and Draisaitl. Same with Strome and Draisaitl.

Just because they're all 3rd overall picks, doesn't make them an equitable comparison. That's what i was getting at.

Dach is awesome, and will be a stud for many years. I see him more like Giroux than Draisaitl.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Dylan Strome was also a 3rd overall pick. But Dach and Strome are completely different as to how they play. Same with Dach and Draisaitl. Same with Strome and Draisaitl.

Just because they're all 3rd overall picks, doesn't make them an equitable comparison. That's what i was getting at.

Dach is awesome, and will be a stud for many years. I see him more like Giroux than Draisaitl.
Dach has some similarities to Drai...T2B just pointed out the coincidence they're both 3rd overall picks. Obviously their draft position doesn't make them similar.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il

More towards Getzlaf than Giroux.

Reactions: avsfan09

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Kirby Dach, I can say I was more than a little confused when he was drafted third overall. I seriously thought it was a mistake.

At this point in the season, not only was he the correct pick, he’s looking much better than the two players drafted before him.

He does everything. He forechecks hard, willing to take on the body, and wins those board battles as a 19 year old. He has a shocking amount of speed for a big guy as well, and always hustles back to play defense. His points didn’t come right away, but he was put on the fourth line and busted his ass to move up the lineup. Now his efforts are starting to show up on the scoreboard and I do believe we have a superstar in the making.

It is a treat to be able to watch him play.
I am disgustingly smug right now, reading a fan of the team that drafted Dach praise him for all of the aspects that I fought an almost one-man battle for in his prospect thread throughout last year.

So many people were going out of their way to make up concerns about him. I am sure you all now appreciate how utterly ridiculous I found the clearly baseless posts claiming that he had skating and engagement issues.

Dach is a f***ing stud, and even though I’m not a Blackhawks fan, I’d be happy if he won every trophy for the next decade with you guys.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I am disgustingly smug right now, reading a fan of the team that drafted Dach praise him for all of the aspects that I fought an almost one-man battle for in his prospect thread throughout last year.

So many people were going out of their way to make up concerns about him. I am sure you all now appreciate how utterly ridiculous I found the clearly baseless posts claiming that he had skating and engagement issues.

Dach is a f*cking stud, and even though I’m not a Blackhawks fan, I’d be happy if he won every trophy for the next decade with you guys.
10/10 post. I remember discussing Dach on the Avs board and seemingly every posted had been poisoned by the same bs perceptions. I was sold 100% after watching his playoff series.
They claimed he was a perimeter player, I saw a player taking the puck to the net, taking on two defenders in the corner and dictating the flow of the game with his iq and vision. Add in his hands which are insane(i think he will be better than Rantanen in that area, although Rants will probably always have an advantage in shot) he will be impossible to contain and the fact that he understands the importance of Defensive responsibility and the role it can have on his teams offense means he's well ahead of most players/prospects his age already.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
JC has cut his ice time down a few mins per game on average since that scoring streak at the end of Jan/early Feb.
Was up around 18mins per game then
Now down to 14-15 mins again.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I don't know if this was ever posted but I stumbled upon this Q&A with Dach from a month ago if anyone is interested.

Good highlight video as well. No music and includes just about everything. Even near misses on goals. The channel also has Kane and Kubalik highlights. Pretty decent channel for highlights from the season for players around the league as well.

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
That first video with him saying that about Colorado is pretty telling to me. I firmly believe they would've selected him if the Hawks didn't pick him.

Reactions: Styles

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I don't know if this was ever posted but I stumbled upon this Q&A with Dach from a month ago if anyone is interested.

Good highlight video as well. No music and includes just about everything. Even near misses on goals. The channel also has Kane and Kubalik highlights. Pretty decent channel for highlights from the season for players around the league as well.

Watching that highlighy video, Dach and Kubalik have some really good chemistry.

Reactions: Styles

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You notice how good and accurate his backhander is already? Can't wait to see where he's at as a player in 3-4 years. Kid is going to be nasty.
He's got a nasty backhand but his wrister/snap shot is average.
The thing that impresses me the most about Dach is his stickhandling not only for a guy his size, but period. Is he Kane or Datsyuk? No, but he's a notch below those guys. At 6-4 that's mighty impressive. He more than makes up for his average shot with his stickhandling. Get him in shootouts with confidence and he's going to shine.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
That first video with him saying that about Colorado is pretty telling to me. I firmly believe they would've selected him if the Hawks didn't pick him.

That was a nice insight that I never heard before. I also liked how he switched to Pastas stick and said well in didn’t help.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Nasty. Rinne looked like he saw a ghost.
_MImAB.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->