Kippers soft goal vs Salos soft goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
:shakehead

It was a horrible goal but nothing even remotely close to the goal Salo let in. Not even close to remotely close.

Every goalie lets in goals like Kiprusoff every now and then, I've never seen a goal scored on anybody else like the one on Salo.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Van said:
Goal 3: Screen thanks to poor defence. Can't stop what you can't see.

there was a lot of ice between the screener and Luongo and it's not like the puck was going very fast or like he had to move very far. there was plenty of time to stop that and it should have been stopped in a game like that, and at a time like that.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
MrMastodonFarm said:
By the way, how come this thread wasn't started for Luongo the other night? He let in a couple softies. Or is it because he isn't the Flames netminder?

Luongo's "softies" werent nearly as soft as Kipper's. Its even debateable weather they were softies or not.

But to answer the original post, in order for the bad goal to cause a deva vu of Salo's career, the confidence lost by the bad goal would have to offset the confidence gained by the record season, playoff run and world cup run (1 loss to powerhouse Canada only).

Theres more of a chance his career would deja vu Turek's, after signing for his big raise. At least I hope so (as an Oiler fan).

Bicycle Repairman said:
Vladimir Kopat. The man's name was Vladimir. :teach:

His name was Vladimir? What is it now?

(Sorry. I'm tired today. Thats the best I could come up with.)

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Cawz said:
Luongo's "softies" werent nearly as soft as Kipper's. Its even debateable weather they were softies or not.

But to answer the original post, in order for the bad goal to cause a deva vu of Salo's career, the confidence lost by the bad goal would have to offset the confidence gained by the record season, playoff run and world cup run (1 loss to powerhouse Canada only).

Theres more of a chance his career would deja vu Turek's, after signing for his big raise. At least I hope so (as an Oiler fan).

His name was Vladimir? What is it now?

(Sorry. I'm tired today. Thats the best I could come up with.)
frankly I can't see any reason why Kiprusoff's career is going to follow Turek's path or Salo's path despite everyone seem to wish it to happen

Turek signed an enormous deal for 4 or 5 years...Kipper's arbitration award is a one year contract. what incentive is there for him to start sucking

Kiprusoff had a great regular season
everyone expected him to bomb in the playoffs
a few minutes into the Vancouver series he let in a tough goal against Rucinsky and Greg Millen start shrieking "I told you he was a fluke!". we know what happened in the Vancouver series
Kiprusoff took the team to within a goal of the Stanley Cup. He let in a few soft goals, but he had a great run
everyone said "well now Kiprusoff's going to start sucking"
so what does he do? he takes Finland to within one goal of the World Cup
and people are still saying he's the next Salo/Turek/Jim Carey?

yes the Niedermayer goal was weak...but we've seen Kiprusoff shake off a few of those over the past year. maybe he's just a good goalie and he's going to stay that way? isn't that possible? :dunno:

SOS

Jan 27, 2004
Vancouver BC
Everybody's human. Everyone will make mistakes. Even the great Wayne Gretzky made mistakes. I don't think one bad play can sink a guy's career.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Cawz said:

Ya never know but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Kiprusoff is much better than Turek in every aspect of being a goalie.

I've seen goals that weak scored on Theodore, Brodeur, Belfour, Luongo, even Roy.

He made some nice saves after that and you could tell he just thought Niedermayer was passing. Bad decision and a bad goal as a result. Happens to the best of 'em.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Garfield said:
Ya never know but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Kiprusoff is much better than Turek in every aspect of being a goalie.

Ya, that was just a joke. My point was that both statements were absurd. I guess I gotta learn to use the Smilies or something.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
Wisent said:
The languages are completely unrelated. Finnish is one of the verz few none- indogermanic languages in Europe.

Yea, the only languages I can think o that are remotely similar to Finnish is Estonian and Ukrainian

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
Garfield said:

I've seen goals that weak scored on Theodore, Brodeur, Belfour, Luongo, even Roy.

He made some nice saves after that and you could tell he just thought Niedermayer was passing. Bad decision and a bad goal as a result. Happens to the best of 'em.

I remember that one he let in when he was trying to do a statue of liberty and dropped the puck and someone put it in the net lol

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
looooob said:
frankly I can't see any reason why Kiprusoff's career is going to follow Turek's path or Salo's path despite everyone seem to wish it to happen

Turek signed an enormous deal for 4 or 5 years...Kipper's arbitration award is a one year contract. what incentive is there for him to start sucking

Kiprusoff had a great regular season
everyone expected him to bomb in the playoffs
a few minutes into the Vancouver series he let in a tough goal against Rucinsky and Greg Millen start shrieking "I told you he was a fluke!". we know what happened in the Vancouver series
Kiprusoff took the team to within a goal of the Stanley Cup. He let in a few soft goals, but he had a great run
everyone said "well now Kiprusoff's going to start sucking"
so what does he do? he takes Finland to within one goal of the World Cup
and people are still saying he's the next Salo/Turek/Jim Carey?

yes the Niedermayer goal was weak...but we've seen Kiprusoff shake off a few of those over the past year. maybe he's just a good goalie and he's going to stay that way? isn't that possible? :dunno:

Maybe a couple of the younger fans and Millen thought that Kiprusoff wasn't a decent goalie, but you are way off base suggesting "everyone" though Kiprusoff was going to suck. It's odd how fans (of all teams), invent extreme bias against their teams and players so they can get up on their soap boxes and yell "told yah so".

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
quat said:
Maybe a couple of the younger fans and Millen thought that Kiprusoff wasn't a decent goalie, but you are way off base suggesting "everyone" though Kiprusoff was going to suck. It's odd how fans (of all teams), invent extreme bias against their teams and players so they can get up on their soap boxes and yell "told yah so".
not all fans(there are alot of good posters here), but not just 'a couple of the younger fans' either

if I had a dollar for every post here saying the Flames were going to miss the playoffs next year b/c Kiprusoff was going to fall back to earth I'd be rich...now we've got a thread here asking whether Kiprusoff is going to go 'Salo' because he let in a marginal goal ot Scott Niedermayer.

SerbianEagle

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
This is dumb comparison, first of all Tommy Salo is a nobody. He let in a goal from almost centre ice which flew over his head most goalies trap thoose shots. Kipper was beaten from a terrible angle on a weak shot. It happens to the best of them, the key thing is they recover, Kipper let in soft goals in the playoffs he shook em off. This is not going to shatter him, like it did to Salo.

And why are we comparing a goalie who just came off a record breaking season and coming withing 1 goal of winning the stanley cup, to a quitter.

Why are you such an idiot? You call Salo a nobody?
Listen buddy, when "Kipper" overtakes Salo on the win list then we can talk, until then shut it.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
looooob said:
not all fans(there are alot of good posters here), but not just 'a couple of the younger fans' either

if I had a dollar for every post here saying the Flames were going to miss the playoffs next year b/c Kiprusoff was going to fall back to earth I'd be rich...now we've got a thread here asking whether Kiprusoff is going to go 'Salo' because he let in a marginal goal ot Scott Niedermayer.

"Fall back to earth" and "he sucks" are completely different in meaning. You would be rich if you were to interpret any criticism to mean what the moronic posters (I was being polite and refering to them as younger... as in behaviour rather than actual age), shout out here. There are many intelligent posters on these boards... but a couple of jokers make some dumb comments and suddenly it becomes "Everyone thinks Kiprusoff sucks!" These conversations keep getting blown out of proportion by wingnuts on both sides of the discussion. IE of the, He's the greatest goalie of the year or the He sucks variety. IF you simply ignore comments like those you end up with a fairly accurate sense of how posters judge a players talent and play.

Cheers

Edit: I believe the thread about Salo was asking if his weak goal was comparable... so the answer is no and the reasons are many.

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
Hey! What the hell are you people trying to do here!??

Of course Salo is worse, he's the worst screwup in the history of hockey. Don't you DARE try to rob us Swedes of the only goalie factor we're at the top in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad