Kippers soft goal vs Salos soft goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
You can't compare the two.Salo got beat by a Belarus shooter at the blue line while kipper got beat by Norris trophy winner Scott Niedermayer in the slot

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Guh? LOL. One goal was from outside the blue line to Roman Kopat, one was in close on a good shot by Scott Niedermayer.

Oilers fan wish it was the same though.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
Not even close. Salo ended up the goat of the tournament... Kipper ended up receiving kudos from everyone. One wa a laughable shot, while Kippers was just a weak goal.

you are right though Mastodon... I do wish they were the same.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Inhalator said:
You should know that Tommy Salo has Finnish grandparents and he can also speak good finish.

That is also why he has Salo as his last name. Its finish name. (Like Sami Salo)

Actually his parent are Finnish, though living in Sweden.

chriss_co

Mar 6, 2004
CALGARY
Goalies let in weak goals all the time

Is Lalime's weak goal comparable to Salo's?

I don't think so.. Salo's was bizarre.. Kipper's was natural.. he'll overcome it just like lalime will

windowlicker

Jun 17, 2003
Murky Wisconsin
Visit site
Salo's goal was quite spectacular to watch, almost as if it was a trick shot (off the ice, off the head, over the shoulder, off the back, nothing but net). Today's goal was just a weak goal on a very bad angle.

As far as importance goes, I know the Finnish papers have called this "Finland's Biggest Hockey Game" ever, but I think the Olympics take precedence over the World Cup.

Last edited:

Augustus

Dec 2, 2003
Roma in my soul.
Visit site
windowlicker said:
Explain that highly enlightening comment. :shakehead

He wins the vote for the worst goal given up in recent years in international play.

He has been a bum playing for Sweden and I doubt will ever man the goal for the blue and yellow again.

Sorry you don't like short, pejorative words. I'll get out my thesaurus next time to make my criticism more enlightening for other, more learned, posters.

BCCHL inactive

1. His name is Kiprusoff, not Kipper.

2. #1 is the only comment worth putting in this post as the original question is one that lacks intelligence.

windowlicker

Jun 17, 2003
Murky Wisconsin
Visit site
exiled in Florida said:
He wins the vote for the worst goal given up in recent years in international play.

He has been a bum playing for Sweden and I doubt will ever man the goal for the blue and yellow again.

Sorry you don't like short, pejorative words. I'll get out my thesaurus next time to make my criticism more enlightening for other, more learned, posters.

Your'e right, he's been quite the bum for the past 15 years of his professional career, including his career in international play & his 210 career wins in 526 NHL games. Anyways, that's not what the thread is about, so Ill quit before this turns into something else :)

Augustus

Dec 2, 2003
Roma in my soul.
Visit site
windowlicker said:
Your'e right, he's been quite the bum for the past 15 years of his professional career, including his career in international play & his 210 career wins in 526 NHL games. Anyways, that's not what the thread is about, so Ill quit before this turns into something else :)

I'll quit also.

We will agree to disagree on the play of Salo in recent international play.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
nothing similar between both situation.

Every single Goalie will let a weak goal.

Kipper was against Canada and Finland was not Favorite to win by any kind of imagination (they could have, still).

Sweden was as sure to win as I am i'm right now on Hfboards... and he let in this one... Would he have give a goal EXACTLY from the same place Kipper have tonight and the exact same way against Belarus, all would probably still have happen to him after that and nothing will hold against Kipper.

Situation made his way into Salo mind, not the goal by itself for me.

Kravitch

Salo was SUPPOSE to stop that shot. As for Kipper, well, when you play aganst Canada, anything can happen. ;)

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Kravitch said:
well, when you play aganst Canada, anything can happen. ;)
Exactly. And I think we can all agree Scott Niedermayer is just a little better then Roman Kopat ;)

By the way, how come this thread wasn't started for Luongo the other night? He let in a couple softies. Or is it because he isn't the Flames netminder?

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
MrMastodonFarm said:
Exactly. And I think we can all agree Scott Niedermayer is just a little better then Roman Kopat ;)

By the way, how come this thread wasn't started for Luongo the other night? He let in a couple softies. Or is it because he isn't the Flames netminder?
No, its because his team still won the game. Kipper is not the headcase that Salo is/was. He bounced right back after the softie. His goal was not as bad as Salo's, not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->