Kipper gone crazy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gib

Feb 3, 2004
There is no question about that.

This is a guote from finnish news site:

"I`ve been talking with doctors and they have suggested to me that I should take 3-4 week break now. But I won`t do it, because if my groin stays like this so that I can play, I think I can help my team."

What on earth have you been smoking Kipper? You think you can help your team? Take a look how many goals you have sucked past few games. You think you are somekind of a ancient god with superpowers? Or are you just afraid of Sauve who might take your spot?

"Decision to withdraw from olympics came in the last resort from Flames. Kipper totally stands behind this decision.
- I can`t do that kind of a decision that I wont play for Flames who is my employer, because of the olympics. Not in any case. Only spot to take a break is during olympics
."

So it was both Flames and Kipper decision.

"I talked to Kurri last week and we decisided to look in what direction my injury is going. After that I spoke with doctors who said that if I continue to play groin wont heal. I thought that why should I say I am happy of the selection, when I know that I cant play in olympics."

Kipper did first say to Kurri that he is on the team. So Kurri didn`t talk bs.

mtv3 (in finnish)

Phanuthier*

psycho_dad said:
Exactly. Flames are being irresponsible. They should rest him now to avoid future problems. And his status should be reviewed closer to the olympics.
Yes, the Flames are being irresponsible for being careful with their $3.5 million investment.

The Flames are being irresponsible for being more concerned about getting their team into the playoffs then Team Finland winning a cup.

God, don't you guys get this? Kiprusoff is EMPLOYED by the Calgary Flames, NOT Team Finland. Kiprusoff's LOYALTY is to the Calgary Flames - Team Finland should just be grateful that Kiprusoff got them to the finals at the World Cup. Kiprusoff's JOB to to get the Calgary Flames into the playoffs - playing for Team Finland instead of the Flames would have been selfish and looking after his own agenda and not the team. If Kiprusoff rests now, he's resting for the Olympic break as well, just to make sure he's ready to go after the Olympics. So either way, he doesn't play for Team Finland, sorry.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe Kiprusoff had to take painkillers which are banned by the IIHF? Oh wait, maybe Kiprusoff should have taken his drugs and gotten Team Finland KICKED OUT out of the Olympics. Is that what Team Finland wants? What do you think?

Oh, and to the origanal poster... uh, yeah. Kipper really sucked tonight. What a selfish guy for trying to do the best for his team. Kipper must really be scared of losing his starting position to Philipe Sauve.

tomerez

Mar 16, 2003
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Phanuthier said:
Yes, the Flames are being irresponsible for being careful with their $3.5 million investment.

The Flames are being irresponsible for being more concerned about getting their team into the playoffs then Team Finland winning a cup.

God, don't you guys get this? Kiprusoff is EMPLOYED by the Calgary Flames, NOT Team Finland. Kiprusoff's LOYALTY is to the Calgary Flames - Team Finland should just be grateful that Kiprusoff got them to the finals at the World Cup. Kiprusoff's JOB to to get the Calgary Flames into the playoffs - playing for Team Finland instead of the Flames would have been selfish and looking after his own agenda and not the team. If Kiprusoff rests now, he's resting for the Olympic break as well, just to make sure he's ready to go after the Olympics. So either way, he doesn't play for Team Finland, sorry.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe Kiprusoff had to take painkillers which are banned by the IIHF? Oh wait, maybe Kiprusoff should have taken his drugs and gotten Team Finland KICKED OUT out of the Olympics. Is that what Team Finland wants? What do you think?

Oh, and to the origanal poster... uh, yeah. Kipper really sucked tonight. What a selfish guy for trying to do the best for his team. Kipper must really be scared of losing his starting position to Philipe Sauve.

I think the point is that the Flames are being irresponsible by letting Kipper play at all with an injury. Playing with an injury could make it irreparable. I think the point is to allow Sauve to play out the games for Calgary until Kipper is fully healed. Sauve's a decent tender and can keep the Flames in a decent position. Wouldn't you prefer Kipper in the playoffs rather than now? Forcing him to continue playing may make him unavailable for the playoffs, and *knock on wood* could potentially end his career.

No one's saying the decision to not play for Finland was irresponsible, the decision to play at all with his injury is irresponsible. Of course I don't know the extent of the injury but if it's serious at all, he should take a seat.

Phanuthier*

tomerez said:
I think the point is that the Flames are being irresponsible by letting Kipper play at all with an injury. Playing with an injury could make it irreparable. I think the point is to allow Sauve to play out the games for Calgary until Kipper is fully healed. Sauve's a decent tender and can keep the Flames in a decent position. Wouldn't you prefer Kipper in the playoffs rather than now? Forcing him to continue playing may make him unavailable for the playoffs, and *knock on wood* could potentially end his career.
My only critisism is that the Flames should have played Sauve for the Eastern conference road trip. These games against Edmonton, LA and Vancouver are key... the Flames can't afford to give points to these teams, so no I don't think the Flames are being irresponsible to play Kiprusoff against them. You play your number 1 man against these guys and hope for the best.

As for Kiprusoff's injury... he's had it at since the begining of the season. It's my belief that Kiprusoff can play through these injuries, but the biggest fear is that others will result if he has to favour his hip. It's also my belief that Kiprusoff is taking painkillers, which was a factor leading to his decision to withdraw from Team Finland.

tomerez said:
No one's saying the decision to not play for Finland was irresponsible, the decision to play at all with his injury is irresponsible. Of course I don't know the extent of the injury but if it's serious at all, he should take a seat.
Read above that Finnish posters think the Flames should rest Kiprusoff now so he can play in the Olympics. What a rediculous idea :help:

I personally think Iginla is playing through a wrist injury (you can see that his release isn't as fast and his shot isn't as hard) and he should rest for Team Canada. But if it were up to me, I think Leopold and Regehr should withdraw as well. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Funny how I start a thread defending Kiprusoff's decision, and all of the Finnish fans go in there crying about it, doing everything they can to try and invalidate the respected opinion of a writer, and whine to the mods about how since one Kipper thread was closed, that one should be too.

But when they get another chance to attack Kiprusoff's decision, they take it and run.

Hypocrites much?

Taze

Jan 27, 2003
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Phanuthier said:

If being careful is to keep him playing (like they're doing), then they should definitely send him to Olympics and force him to play there.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Phanuthier said:
Read above that Finnish posters think the Flames should rest Kiprusoff now so he can play in the Olympics. What a rediculous idea :help:

Obviously you cant read. That is the only explanation to this.

I clearly pointed out that Flames are irresponsible for playing him while injured. They should rest him now.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Taze said:
If being careful is to keep him playing (like they're doing), then they should definitely send him to Olympics and force him to play there.

exactly. If playing every possible game is the best cure for what he has, then they should force him to play in the olympics as well to speed his recovery!

If playing every night is not doing him any good, the obvious and responsible decision would naturally be to let him rest.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Resolute said:
Funny how I start a thread defending Kiprusoff's decision, and all of the Finnish fans go in there crying about it, doing everything they can to try and invalidate the respected opinion of a writer,

Respect opinion of a writer? Are we talking about the Calgary beatwriter who gets all his information straight from the Flames?

How about Kipper's agent? He implied very clearly that the decision was made by Flames and while Kipper himself can theoretically make the decision, I'm 100% certain he was pressured by Flames to make the 'right' call.

Kipper should rest now, not in 2 months. Flames are risking the whole play-off run by playing him more than any other goalie in the league.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
It really worries...the more I read about it, the more it sounds like they are gambling a lot here by playing him.

http://www.iltalehti.fi/osastot/jaakiekko/200512263898516_jk.shtml

at the end of the article:

"According to Kiprusoff, the hip area has been bothering him more or less this fall. Better days are followed by worse days, before christmas it was especially sore.

-Yeah it is quite sore. I've been taking different medications for it. It's not just a tiny stretch (or pull). It's a real injury.

When we talk about a possible surgery, Kiprusoff goes even more serious.

- I hope my hip does not to be operated on, but lets hope we do not need to think of that option before the end of the season. "

gobolt7

Sep 24, 2003
Florida.
:shakehead

I am quickly running out of patience for this whole subject. I think it would be wise to drop it since this is the 3rd thread to be closed on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad