Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 3)

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Potentially but I think they may try and string together 1 more run as it’s misas draft year and they’ll fill the stands every game like that especially if they win the Mem cup.

They probably don’t have too many great assets but they have guys like Willis, hay, parekh, Misa, mangone, oke returning and that’s a good core as it is. Look at north bay- a lot including myself thought this would be a rebuilding year and they’ve had a successful season. Time will tell.

What teams do sometimes is overpay on a player like McCoy who you know will be coming back the year after so they can trade him off and get lots of those assets back.

I think that will be the case for him. But if he is named team captain then who knows that could make it difficult- but then again he was captain of the Pete’s and got traded so who knows.
Teams will overpay for a player like McCoy because he's a leader, Has championship / memorial cup experience and doesn't make a lot of mistakes in his own end.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Teams will overpay for a player like McCoy because he's a leader, Has championship / memorial cup experience and doesn't make a lot of mistakes in his own end.
I agree. And a RHD. And also had 2 years opposed to 1. If he gets shipped somewhere I’m sure it’ll be for a good amount of draft capital but just not as big of a trade as this year with a first rounder involved.

Will absolutely take him on the fronts if he wants a change in scenery I think that would be amazing for this team.

If he comes here hypothetically he could be captain out of training camp as we just lost ludwinski.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
I agree. And a RHD. And also had 2 years opposed to 1. If he gets shipped somewhere I’m sure it’ll be for a good amount of draft capital but just not as big of a trade as this year with a first rounder involved.
Will absolutely take him on the fronts if he wants a change in scenery I think that would be amazing for this team.

If he comes here hypothetically he could be captain out of training camp as we just lost ludwinski.
I would not be shocked by any means to see him land in Kingston.
There’s already a relationship with Longo who has worked with him for several years during the summer.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I would not be shocked by any means to see him land in Kingston.
There’s already a relationship with Longo who has worked with him for several years during the summer.
I agree. If he’s on his way out anywhere you’d think kingston would be a pretty ideal landing spot.

Come here and maybe get the C right away. Team will be competitive, and he gets a spot on pk1, pp2 and first line d right away.

Also from Belleville so closer to home in an OA season would probably be great for him rather than way up north.

If he plays USPORTS after OHL I assume he would go to queens for the hockey and schooling. and then there’s his hometown Belleville senators that could always offer him a contract if he does well enough (and Mann has connections too)

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
OA’s I want fronts to target between now and the deadline of next season

1 Trent swick 6’7 -Kitchener- left winger 1ppg

We are weak on the left wing where he plays- we lost our biggest guy Schmidt so getting a big presence like swick that can score and play many roles would be very good for fronts. Also leadership and playoff experience

2 Donovan McCoy -Sudbury- reliable rhd man from Belleville with lots of experience

can be PP2, PK1 and D line 1 with burns- captain material, mem cup experience, lots of playoff experience

3A Anthony Deangelis -Sudbury- LHD very reliable defensively while being near 1ppg

quarterbacking one of the best powerplays in the OHL, on the PK, and has good leadership qualities too. Only thing is he is another OA D man from Sudbury and he is a LHD. They need a RHD.

3B Jacob Leblanc -NB- very good d man can play in any situation- a RHD which is needed.

On one of the best powerplays, and penalty kills in the ohl. One thing though is the drama between miedema and his brother- one reason he may not want to come here, but if they can sort it out it would be worth while.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I like your choices. I also like McCoy, Wakely, VanSteensel; or Mathurin, LeBlanc, LeBlanc. There will probably be plenty of good choices available.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I like your choices. I also like McCoy, Wakely, VanSteensel; or Mathurin, LeBlanc, LeBlanc. There will probably be plenty of good choices available.
would love wakely or van steensel too. Both tremendous players. I would be shocked if they don’t get pro contracts from the season they had and the post season they are having.

Mathurin is great too but is drafted so I’m not sure if he will be back but he’s a steady d man and the fronts could use him as a shut down guy for sure. Both leblancs are great but just not sure if they’d want to come here after all the drama with miedema

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
He had a chance to prove himself at the NHL level and obviously didn't. Junior ranks may be the place for him, He is an in your face disciplinarian, so nit sure that works anymore with these kids now. Anyway, we seem to have made our decision on coach so lets let him have a good run at it.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
would love wakely or van steensel too. Both tremendous players. I would be shocked if they don’t get pro contracts from the season they had and the post season they are having.

Mathurin is great too but is drafted so I’m not sure if he will be back but he’s a steady d man and the fronts could use him as a shut down guy for sure. Both leblancs are great but just not sure if they’d want to come here after all the drama with miedema
i think all three are oas at this stage, most nhl teams would have tendered a contract to mathurin. i think wakley will be drafted but back, same with van steensel, his abilities are not pro level. you could do a massive 3 for 1 trade lol.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
i think all three are oas at this stage, most nhl teams would have tendered a contract to mathurin. i think wakley will be drafted but back, same with van steensel, his abilities are not pro level. you could do a massive 3 for 1 trade lol.
Lol holy crap a trade for 3 OA’s all from the same team that would be wild

Hey I wouldn’t be opposed though!

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
that would be one hell of a price, maybe 9/10 picks, all high.
Absolutely.

if the malholtra kid wanted to go to NB I’m sure he would help some picks but even then would be one hell of a haul

I can’t recall 3 OA’s being traded to the same team in the same trade before. Can you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad