Kingston Frontenacs 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Could be very interesting to see whether that dynamic first line will be back next year. As far as I know Chromiak is technically free agent, meaning that he can stay in AHL next year. Ultimately, it will come down to LA Kings organization from what I know. Wisdom may be in NHL for first few games to evaluate and than the decision will be made.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Fronts pick Matthew Soto - RW out of Oakville. Anyone know anything about him? From the limited top 10 lists and mocks I've seen seems like a bit of a reach at 5

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
Sounds like there is a good chance Martin Chromiak plays with Ontario next year.
I’d guess he plays pro in Europe or he’s back in Kingston. Unless the kings make a deal moving a bunch of forward prospects this summer.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I’d guess he plays pro in Europe or he’s back in Kingston. Unless the kings make a deal moving a bunch of forward prospects this summer.
Really no point in playing for Kingston again. I don’t think there is much for him to prove to play there as a 19 year old. Maybe he plays for Trencin again, or in Scandinavia. Could be a important player for Olympics is NHLers are not allowed to go

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
Really no point in playing for Kingston again. I don’t think there is much for him to prove to play there as a 19 year old. Maybe he plays for Trencin again, or in Scandinavia. Could be a important player for Olympics is NHLers are not allowed to go
I’m guessing he probably already knows, so kingston will announce it fairly soon either way.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I would expect that he will either play for the reign or he will play in Europe. The nly reason that he would come back here is if he was offered a deal to play with wright.

There are a lot of unknowns about the Euro draft as there are a lot of layers that were drafted lst year that didnot play so may have found better deals.

The Euro draft is going to be interesting. especially as it is before the NHL draft.

I would expect that Kingston will be looking for someone that can play with Wright.
Depending on what you have show up at camp you could have a good regular season team.
Not sure about playoffs you will need a line that can take the pressure off of Wright.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Great scoop from <a href="https://twitter.com/TSNSteveLloyd?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@TSNSteveLloyd</a> on Sens pick Leevi Merilainen, should go in the CHL import draft, maybe even to Kingston. If he can&#39;t play in the top Finnish league, the OHL is a much better option. <a href="https://twitter.com/TSN1200?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@TSN1200</a></p>&mdash; Shawn Simpson (@TSNSimmer) <a href="">June 30, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If you get Leevi in nets to go along with Shane Wright et al up front, we may as well crown you as league champions now...

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Great scoop from <a href="https://twitter.com/TSNSteveLloyd?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@TSNSteveLloyd</a> on Sens pick Leevi Merilainen, should go in the CHL import draft, maybe even to Kingston. If he can&#39;t play in the top Finnish league, the OHL is a much better option. <a href="https://twitter.com/TSN1200?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@TSN1200</a></p>&mdash; Shawn Simpson (@TSNSimmer) <a href="">June 30, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If you get Leevi in nets to go along with Shane Wright et al up front, we may as well crown you as league champions now...

not so fast; Barrie, Kitchener, London have some of the first dibs on imports and good rosters. Hamilton & Windsor could be very good teams as well.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
not so fast; Barrie, Kitchener, London have some of the first dibs on imports and good rosters. Hamilton & Windsor could be very good teams as well.
If Kingston already has an agreement with that player than that doesn’t really matter that much. Import draft is basically the most corrupt draft ever. The agreements between player’s agents and teams are made before the draft. 90% of the time the early picks are already decided on. The gambles come later in the draft when teams take shots at top prospects who have a minuscule chance of coming over. That’s why often the top players go later, because they usually are already committed to playing in Europe.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If Kingston already has an agreement with that player than that doesn’t really matter that much. Import draft is basically the most corrupt draft ever. The agreements between player’s agents and teams are made before the draft. 90% of the time the early picks are already decided on. The gambles come later in the draft when teams take shots at top prospects who have a minuscule chance of coming over. That’s why often the top players go later, because they usually are already committed to playing in Europe.

great incite on the pick, though my post was a response to handing Kingston the championship if they land the goalie

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Seems like they must think chromiak is going to come back

Looks like Pinchuk isn't coming back - Fronts made a Facebook post thanking him for his time, and eliteprospects has him committed to Dinamo Minsk in the KHL for next year - can't find an official post but there may be one in Belarusian/Russian. So unless Chromiak comes back seems like the Fronts may be going with just one import (Meriläinen) unless they make another move - how often do imports get traded? Are there any teams with a surplus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad