Kingston Frontenacs 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
Before Robertson and Neumann got traded those two were having good years, I’d love to see what the fronts numbers were after they got moved.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
I'll get grief for this but facts are facts

They went 3 Wins and 26 Losses

Out scored 139 to 43

At home out scored 21 for to 61 against

On the road outscored 22 for 78 against

Returning player goal scoring total next year is 52 goals

Reactions: LDN and Truthking

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
I'll get grief for this but facts are facts

They went 3 Wins and 26 Losses

Out scored 139 to 43

At home out scored 21 for to 61 against

On the road outscored 22 for 78 against

Returning player goal scoring total next year is 52 goals
Scary as it is, I actually thought the numbers would be worse.

Reactions: LDN

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
As a fan of this league for a longtime I've always thought the Frontenacs deserved more for their efforts.

Of course I understand that the development point of rebuilding with youth is something that every team goes through at some point.

I still believe that the Leon's Centre is still one of the nicest facilities in the league. Best of luck Frontenacs fans in 2019-20

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Congrats Kingston fans for likely getting Shane Wright. Was a tough season for you guys but now you're set for quite the rebuild. I'm just happy the kid will be in the east so we can see him often in Ottawa although I suspect he'll give us fits for three years.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Rebuild is that not the team management motto. We rebuild trade away assets have a year that we get into the playoffs and rebuild again.

Seems to me I have heard this tune in Kingston before. Thank God the Kingston hockey fans have the golden Gaels so they can watch good hockey.

As to arenas sorry the M Centre was better, better food better atmosphere and you could walk all the way around it. Don't get me started on the parking.
Is the city still losing money on the Leons?

It will be interesting to see if Kingston makes a trade for the Wright with one of the other teams not named Kingston or Flint.

Before you tell me you can not trade the number 1 pick let me remind you there is nothing stopping Erie or Barrie from offering a one-sided trade if the teams agree to let him pass to them in the draft.

I really do not see Wright wanting to come to Kingston or Flint for that matter with the lack of coaching or the lack of a team to support him. Especially if a team is willing to do a Domi for him.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Rebuild is that not the team management motto. We rebuild trade away assets have a year that we get into the playoffs and rebuild again.

Seems to me I have heard this tune in Kingston before. Thank God the Kingston hockey fans have the golden Gaels so they can watch good hockey.

As to arenas sorry the M Centre was better, better food better atmosphere and you could walk all the way around it. Don't get me started on the parking.

It will be interesting to see if Kingston makes a trade for the Wright with one of the other teams not named Kingston or Flint.

Before you tell me you can not trade the number 1 pick let me remind you there is nothing stopping Erie or Barrie from offering a one-sided trade if the teams agree to let him pass to them in the draft.

I really do not see Wright wanting to come to Kingston or Flint for that matter with the lack of coaching or the lack of a team to support him. Especially if a team is willing to do a Domi for him.

‘03-1st Wright if Kelly chooses, top import pick, ‘02-1st Murray to surround 2001 born 1st, 3-2nds, 3-3rds, 4th ... hate as much as you want, Kingston looks set to contend again in 2020-21. D.Kelly has been among the league’s best GMs since he got the Fronts job

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
Beast being Beast. Never heard a word from him last year and now he re-appears. Wright is coming to Kingston and is very happy to do so that is a fact. Beast I do hope Ottawa goes on a long play off run they are that good of a team this year.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Beast being Beast. Never heard a word from him last year and now he re-appears. Wright is coming to Kingston and is very happy to do so that is a fact. Beast I do hope Ottawa goes on a long play off run they are that good of a team this year.

not saying your wrong but most kingston fans only really show up to say how awful things are. barely heard from them last year when they went to the conference finals.

InTheLoop

Mar 25, 2019
Kingston is poised for a nice jump in the standings come next season.

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Where do you guys see the needs being next year position wise?
Seems like you guys are in the start of a 2 year rebuild. In 2 years time, and assuming no changes, your roster will look like this:
Wingers:
Baker (2000)
Hough (2000)
Laureigh (2000)
Rowe (2001)
Drewitt (2001)
Wong (2001)
Martin (2001)
Golovatchev (2001)
Mercer (2002)

Centers:
Larabie (2000)
Wisdom (2002)
x
x
x

Defense:
Gordon (2000)
Beraldo (2000)
Brand (2001)
Aguanno (2001)
Constantinou (2001)
Murray (2002)
x
x

Goal:
Frappier (2000)
Dugas (2001)

Of course, of your 7 players born in 2000, only 3 overagers will be allowed. So remove 4 more spots. I don't know your team well enough to know which 4 to remove.

Ultimately over the next 2 years you are trying to fill these 9 spots. Center looks like the most pressing need, so getting Wright is a great start to your rebuild. Even with Wright, you are probably looking for more centers in the draft. You also have room for another import next year. And this makes no mention of players you already have in the pipeline. Good luck!

Reactions: InTheLoop

InTheLoop

Mar 25, 2019
Seems like you guys are in the start of a 2 year rebuild. In 2 years time, and assuming no changes, your roster will look like this:
Wingers:
Baker (2000)
Hough (2000)
Laureigh (2000)
Rowe (2001)
Drewitt (2001)
Wong (2001)
Martin (2001)
Golovatchev (2001)
Mercer (2002)

Centers:
Larabie (2000)
Wisdom (2002)
x
x
x

Defense:
Gordon (2000)
Beraldo (2000)
Brand (2001)
Aguanno (2001)
Constantinou (2001)
Murray (2002)
x
x

Goal:
Frappier (2000)
Dugas (2001)

Of course, of your 7 players born in 2000, only 3 overagers will be allowed. So remove 4 more spots. I don't know your team well enough to know which 4 to remove.

Ultimately over the next 2 years you are trying to fill these 9 spots. Center looks like the most pressing need, so getting Wright is a great start to your rebuild. Even with Wright, you are probably looking for more centers in the draft. You also have room for another import next year. And this makes no mention of players you already have in the pipeline. Good luck!

Last edited:

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013

As exceptional status player he has to agree report to the team that drafts him.

Reactions: three dog night

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Zaluty i have been here just no one else has lOL

This is a team that every year on paper in these rebuilds seems to be on the verge of greatness. But they seem to mess it up. The biggest challenge this team has is, in fact, the GM position. Kiely sold the farm last year and it did not get the results.

The Fronts except when Gill was here have never developed first round picks. The philosophy is they learn from 5 minutes a game if they are lucky then we trade them.

If and it is a big if the team decides to go the way of London or Ottawa and make minor changes in the next 2 years it could be a great team no doubt. The problem is that the owner seems to not want to wait and needs to get top players through the draft.

Stay with the present GM tell the owner to go clean a room in the hotel, keep the coach and yes this team can be a good one.

The challenge is to stay away from the trading block. Next year you only have wright as trade bait. If they resist the urge to be a home ice first round playoff team then they have a chance.

The problem is that they have never done that.

Ottawa did not win the championship by trading it won it by drafting. There was no one position that needed a superstar or blockbuster deal.

Take a look at their defence and top forwards they are all draft picks.

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
Lawson Crouse,Sam Bennett,Roland McKeown are first round picks developed by the Fronts, Two in the NHL one in the AHL but has been up to the NHL on occasion. They are not stars but people smarter than me have deemed them good enough to be there. I do agree with you that they should not trade their first round picks en masse. Yes they went for it last year and I applaud them for doing that, yes the results were not there. If Valardi was able to play this year it would have netted the Fronts a nice haul for the future. How did Gill do in Owen Sound? AS for your contention that your top forwards are draft picks by Ottawa I disagree Chmelevski drafted by Sarnia,Maksimovich by Erie, your 60 goal man Felhaber by Saginaw.Chiodo by Barrie and of course your goalie from Windsor.

Reactions: dirty12

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
Zaluty i have been here just no one else has lOL

This is a team that every year on paper in these rebuilds seems to be on the verge of greatness. But they seem to mess it up. The biggest challenge this team has is, in fact, the GM position. Kiely sold the farm last year and it did not get the results.

The Fronts except when Gill was here have never developed first round picks. The philosophy is they learn from 5 minutes a game if they are lucky then we trade them.

If and it is a big if the team decides to go the way of London or Ottawa and make minor changes in the next 2 years it could be a great team no doubt. The problem is that the owner seems to not want to wait and needs to get top players through the draft.

Stay with the present GM tell the owner to go clean a room in the hotel, keep the coach and yes this team can be a good one.

The challenge is to stay away from the trading block. Next year you only have wright as trade bait. If they resist the urge to be a home ice first round playoff team then they have a chance.

The problem is that they have never done that.

Ottawa did not win the championship by trading it won it by drafting. There was no one position that needed a superstar or blockbuster deal.

Ottawa hasn’t won anything, what are you even going on about?

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016

Um Chmelevski,Maksimovich, Felhaber, Chiodo and Dipietro would like to have a word lol. Ottawa hasn’t won a championship yet

Reactions: Attackfan43

member 236327

Wright has followed Kingston on Instagram, only team he follows from the OHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad