Kingston Frontenacs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
2nd rd draft picks left for the next 11 years, 2, 2023 ans 2026, and 2 3rd rd picks for the next 5 yrs all in 2021, 1 Kgn and 1 Er. Higher end players Popov, Paquette, Neumann, Brahaney would be on the list

Last edited:

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
It looks like most of the available talent left on the Fronts are ‘99s. I would guess that makes Popov the most likely guy coming back to London. Kingston also has an extra 3rd in 2021 where the Knights are missing one, and a 2nd in 2023 where the Knights are missing one. My guess would then be;

Jones for Popov, 2nds in 2020 and 2023 and 3rd in 2021.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
It looks like most of the available talent left on the Fronts are ‘99s. I would guess that makes Popov the most likely guy coming back to London. Kingston also has an extra 3rd in 2021 where the Knights are missing one, and a 2nd in 2023 where the Knights are missing one. My guess would then be;

Jones for Popov, 2nds in 2020 and 2023 and 3rd in 2021.

You know anything about Popov? I seem to recall that he was ranked fairly high in the OHL draft--I think he was slated to go in the first or second round if memory serves, but I don't know what kind of player he is.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Wait and see attitude. Some are not optimistic about the future, all I talk too are ticked off about Dunkley going.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Why is Kingston acquiring all these players? They're not even that good of a team.

Usually teams load up like this if they have a legitimate shot at an OHL title or the Memorial Cup, not just because they feel they can make the 2nd round.

Is Larry Mavety back as GM?

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Why is Kingston acquiring all these players? They're not even that good of a team.

Usually teams load up like this if they have a legitimate shot at an OHL title or the Memorial Cup, not just because they feel they can make the 2nd round.

Is Larry Mavety back as GM?

they're a pretty good team now....Pu, Day, Jones and Vilardi are pretty good pickups IMO...I can't speak to most of your team but I know Helvig can easily steal games, will be fun watching Kingston and Hamilton in the Eastern Conference Finals

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
one day before the trade line, Kingston is the team to beat imo. Big & deep like Oshawa’s last title team with more speed.

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
Will this be the year that Kingston actually escapes the first round of the playoffs?

triplcrown

Jul 23, 2006
SF Valley, SoCal
LA Kings fan here, looking for any observations on Gabriel Vilardi, the Kings' top prospect.

I hope he kicks major butt for your Frontenacs.

Any reports on how he is playing would be of great interest to Kings fans.

Thanks in advance for any responses or info.

I'll be back.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Congratulations! 1 out of how many years? You should be proud...

Those that troll usually try to get their facts right so that they don’t look like complete idiots....like you just have.

Kingston, in fact, has been to the 2nd round of the playoffs 2 of the past 3 years.

You should know a lot more about the teams that you’re criticizing. You should probably just stick to your own board....k

Reactions: TheCoach

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Vilardi, a Kingston kid btw , has only played 3 games since his injury. It will take some time to get back into game shape. On sunday in his 3rd game you could tell he was feeling more confident as he was hitting and had a very good game 2 G- 2 A for a +3 against.........the Icedogs. I expect him to be back into the form that LA drafted
for sooner than later.

The big question is what will LA do with him next year. There isn't any doubt that if LA do not keep him up next year, this time next year he will not be playing in Kingston but with another contending OHL team. The Fronts are so broke in draft picks they have to trade talent next year to recoup the picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->