Kingston Frontenacs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
If that trade happens as rumoured, kind of a weird one IMO. Do you think that makes you guys good enough? Hurts next year because you'll lose Day/Helvig and will only have 1 2nd over the next 9 drafts so despite having Robertson/Vilardi/Dunkley, it will be very tough to add to make the team a legit contender. I was expecting Kingston to be really good next year, but I guess they figure its more likely with Helvig in net

GensLensBrandon

Nov 28, 2017
Despite all of the negative talk there are a couple of things I like about the Fronts:

1. Half-way through the season and they are the #3 seed in the Eastern Conference;

2. While things could change by the time of the trade deadline in 3 weeks, the team is looking even stronger for next year. All but 3 players could return next season. Teams like Hamilton and Oshawa will be losing a minimum of 8 players while Peterborough loses 7.

I wont be surprised to see Oshawa move some 19 year olds out by the Jan 10th deadline

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Though I do like getting into the rumored trade talks I have to say the talks are just rumors until officially announced.

Check out who is dressed for the Fronts in Hamilton today, that will give some hints to any trade. Day did not dress for the Spits last night nor did vilardi but he hasn't dressed since being returned.

Gilmour said they were going to go for it next year, apparently a change of heart has occurred, remember Gilmour is NOT the GM. The Fronts don't have an option, they go for it this year as Helvig is gone next. He alone has kept the Fronts in many a game. If the trade is true the farm has been sold which means this is a result industry they had best show long playoff results as the future may be a bit bleak. The track record is not stellar for this franchise and we don't have Hunter at the helm.

Reactions: H0CKEY17

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Some random thoughts:

Two years ago the Fronts picked up Dal Colle and Desrocher from the defending Memorial Cup Champions, the Oshawa Generals. The Fronts ended up winning one playoff round.

You know how a team has to win four playoff rounds to be the OHL playoff champions? In the past 24 years the Fronts have won...wait for it...3 playoff rounds.

The last time the Fronts won two playoff rounds in the same year was...1993.

And people are wondering why so little chatter on the Fronts forum.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Some random thoughts:

Two years ago the Fronts picked up Dal Colle and Desrocher from the defending Memorial Cup Champions, the Oshawa Generals. The Fronts ended up winning one playoff round.

You know how a team has to win four playoff rounds to be the OHL playoff champions? In the past 24 years the Fronts have won...wait for it...3 playoff rounds.

The last time the Fronts won two playoff rounds in the same year was...1993.

And people are wondering why so little chatter on the Fronts forum.
Crazy considering how weak the east is!

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Oh boy here ktown goes again!! Giving up a beauty youth player for cliff pu not sure I get this unless Dunkley wanted out somehow?? Anyone in ktown like to comment on this one?

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Oh boy here ktown goes again!! Giving up a beauty youth player for cliff pu not sure I get this unless Dunkley wanted out somehow?? Anyone in ktown like to comment on this one?

Hi Mo and other Kingston Fans.
Greetings from London Knights country.
Can you tell us about Nathan Dunkley?

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Dunkley, the Knights are gaining a top end player, good now but watch out for the next 2 yrs, this trade hurts big time.

I have said this year that the Fronts should go for it which they are, though Gilmour said it was next yr but he isn't the GM, Keily is.

Now having said the above one thing for sure is the Fronts had best do more than get to the second round they need to win the east anything less is a complete failure.

The future of the Fronts is that they have 2 3rd rd picks in 2023 , that is it no seconds or other 3r rd until then. So the cupboard is bare which will probably force the Fronts to sell their talent next year to recoupe or the next 5 years will be bleak.

Reactions: LDN

Garlando

May 5, 2014
Kingston, Ontario
The Fronts have pushed all their chips in for this year! It will be interesting to see how the city comes out and supports the team after these win-now moves. In recent years, I've noticed the fan support rise when the team is winning, and the K-Rock centre well populated in big games. This franchise really needs a deep run to maximize that potential and see exactly how committed the fan base is. Should be interesting!

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
With Pu and Valardi as the top to centres that is a good forward group. You guys might need another winger

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
The problem is that Hamilton, Barrie and Niagara have also been loading up.. so Kingston's under significant pressure. If they botch this up, Fronts fans are headed for years of suffering.. and this is a franchise that didn't win a playoff series for over 2 decades, plus hasn't ever been to the Memorial Cup. They can't afford potentially 3-5 years of terrible hockey after these players graduate..

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
The problem is that Hamilton, Barrie and Niagara have also been loading up.. so Kingston's under significant pressure. If they botch this up, Fronts fans are headed for years of suffering.. and this is a franchise that didn't win a playoff series for over 2 decades, plus hasn't ever been to the Memorial Cup. They can't afford potentially 3-5 years of terrible hockey after these players graduate..
I agree with most things you have said with one exception, I don't believe Niagara has been "loading up". I believe we will be patient and wait for next year.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Kingston here in Niagara Sunday looking forward to the game tickets sales have Been good a little over four hundred left.

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
I do not believe that trading for Pu , Valardi, and Day will make a difference in the Fronts playoff run. They may win one round, but then, nothing.

Reactions: tjziel

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Why wouldn't they make a run? They have arguably the best goalie in the East and it all starts in goal. Of the 10 teams in the East only 5 have bonafide number 1's - KGN, PB,HAM,NIA and BARRIE the other 5 are question marks, good goalies but unknown playoff performers. If they can load up on some scoring and shore up backend I think they can contend....till they meet the Soo who by the way have an unproven playoff goalie. You never know.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Because of my seniority and long following of the Kingston JR A teams I have to ask. Does not sound and look like a Mavety team?

I realize he is no longer GM but the idea of putting all your eggs in one basket and then sucking for 3 years is the one that he helped invent.

Personally, I would have rather seen Kingston play at a competitive level and not make these stupid trades.

Again the Fronts have started with we draft first round do not develop the player and then trade them.

We go for it when we think we can and then have nothing for next year or the year after.

Will season ticket holders go through another 3 years of not having a team?

Reactions: webegtodiffer

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
Because of my seniority and long following of the Kingston JR A teams I have to ask. Does not sound and look like a Mavety team?

I realize he is no longer GM but the idea of putting all your eggs in one basket and then sucking for 3 years is the one that he helped invent.

Personally, I would have rather seen Kingston play at a competitive level and not make these stupid trades.

Again the Fronts have started with we draft first round do not develop the player and then trade them.

We go for it when we think we can and then have nothing for next year or the year after.

Will season ticket holders go through another 3 years of not having a team?
this is the sign of a desperate team attempting to mollify fans who haven't been to a second round game since 1993; bad idea

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
webegtodiffer

They have made it to the second round just have not won one. Considering the players they have i do not think that the additions are going to make a big enough difference.
Everyone else is buying and I really do not the Fronts as a M Cup team and that would be the only thing people would accept.

It really is time for a new owner and GM /president

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It was just 2015-16 that Kingston finished first in the conference before losing to an equally or more loaded Niagara team in the second round.
It was a pretty quick re-load, imo. It’s as good a time as any to go for it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->