Kingston Frontenacs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvesAndWings

Wherever I go, the strawman follows
Mar 18, 2017
Looks like you did it. After seeing how much Byfield transformed our team (with Ukko of course), should be exciting to see what Wright does for Kingston. Hopefully you hit on your high import pick too

Reactions: hockjock

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Question
Shane Wright has been given exceptional status and is therefore eligible for the draft. I know he cannot refuse to be drafted but I am pretty sure he can refuse to report or demand a trade.

Do you think considering the fact that you guys are in a huge rebuild and the track record of lack of development of players drafted in the first round that he will willingly report to the Fronts.

Let's face it AGNEW does not have a great track record as an owner and the team has a bad habit of not playing rookies and trading them after a year of sitting.

My gut tells me that there may be a trade or he may get passed over in the draft by Kingston and or Flint.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Question
Shane Wright has been given exceptional status and is therefore eligible for the draft. I know he cannot refuse to be drafted but I am pretty sure he can refuse to report or demand a trade.

Do you think considering the fact that you guys are in a huge rebuild and the track record of lack of development of players drafted in the first round that he will willingly report to the Fronts.

Let's face it AGNEW does not have a great track record as an owner and the team has a bad habit of not playing rookies and trading them after a year of sitting.

My gut tells me that there may be a trade or he may get passed over in the draft by Kingston and or Flint.
He cannot refuse to report to a team that drafts him. Part of being awarded exceptional status. However there is nothing forcing a team to draft him but really why would they pass him over? He will most likely end up in Kingston.

Reactions: three dog night

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Question

Yes he will report.

Also, Agnew? What decade is this? The Fronts are owned by Doug Springer and have been for a long time. Agnew coached them (not owned) for a couple years in the mid-90s lol.

Reactions: ktownhockey

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
Question

So much wrong here.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I don't think this has been talked about here... but the Frontenacs could break the record for fewest goals scored in a season. The record is 145 set by the 98/99 Mississauga Ice Dogs.. the Fronts need 7 in their last three games to tie. 2 Games against Oshawa and one against Ottawa... could be tough. The saving grace may be the Ottawa game is the last game of the season and the 67s should have 1st overall clinched by then.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Question

Nonsense. Wright might be salivating at the opportunity to play in a historic city with great universities and newer arena. With a 1st, 3-2nds, 3-3rds, and goalie all 2001 born; Kingston is looking like an early contender for 2020-21

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Nonsense. Wright might be salivating at the opportunity to play in a historic city with great universities and newer arena. With a 1st, 3-2nds, 3-3rds, and goalie all 2001 born; Kingston is looking like an early contender for 2020-21

Exactly... the season before Connor McDavid showed up in Erie the Otters finished with a measly 26 points.. in his second season the Otters had 106 points and were 2 points away from first overall. Sure it's great to show up to a team that's already winning... but to be a major part of a strong rebuild shows leadership... he will report and play in Kingston.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Well if I were part of Kingston’s brass I would think it’s a no brainer to draft him. It would be great for the franchise.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
No, he can’t. It’s part of the process to be granted exceptional status. Otherwise he would be denied. Probably why Savoie was denied status our west.
I still don’t understand this, I get he can’t tell the team to not draft him, but what’s to stop him from not showing up or demanding a trade? They can’t force him to play. Couldn’t he go to a prep school or something out west if he really had to?

Reactions: BigBuck

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I still don’t understand this, I get he can’t tell the team to not draft him, but what’s to stop him from not showing up or demanding a trade? They can’t force him to play. Couldn’t he go to a prep school or something out west if he really had to?
He can not do that

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Ok, but what can they do if he tries to do it? Ban him?
I think being granted that status means the player has signed an agreement with the league agreeing to the terms of being deemed allowed early eligibility, essentially he's already agreed to a contract with the OHL so he would be in breach of contract and there would be legal options.

Reactions: three dog night

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
I think being granted that status means the player has signed an agreement with the league agreeing to the terms of being deemed allowed early eligibility, essentially he's already agreed to a contract with the OHL so he would be in breach of contract and there would be legal options.
Hahaha......ok

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
Seems like everyone keeps saying this same stuff but I get the feeling no one really knows the truth.
This is all hypothetical anyway, I don’t see him not wanting to report.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Congrats to the Kingston Frontenacs--with the loss today, they win the Shane Wright sweepstakes, as they have clinched the#1 pick in this year's OHL Priority Selection Draft.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Back to minor midget or US options is the only way. I have been told by reliable connected people he's coming to Kingston. Ive coached 03 age aaa for a few years not this year.

Reactions: Truthking
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->