GDT: kings vs peasants - pre-valentine's day edition

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Literally the *second* he was able to shorten the bench and go down to three lines, Aho and Lindholm go to the wing. He just simply *will not* play either of those guys in the middle unless there is a gun to his head.

Wasn't Lindholm was on the wing from the start of the game? And didn't Aho score a goal as soon as he was put on wing? A 7-3 win with those things happening seems like an odd time to complain.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Wasn't Lindholm was on the wing from the start of the game? And didn't Aho score a goal as soon as he was put on wing? A 7-3 win with those things happening seems like an odd time to complain.
Lindholm was actually switched *from wing to center* in the third period, not the other way around. Aho moved from center to wing. They were going with Teravainen-Staal-Aho and Skinner-Lindholm-PDG.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008

Don't particularly care what position you call either of them, as long as they keep playing this well

Lindholm was actually switched *from wing to center* in the third period, not the other way around. Aho moved from center to wing. They were going with Teravainen-Staal-Aho and Skinner-Lindholm-PDG.

You're all right. I'm not going to complain. We're scoring goals and winning games, and I'm just going to be happy. But I still think BP is pretty hard-headed, and I don't think our scoring woes are 100% dead and buried.

One other thing, after the game, the Canes called up Patrick Brown for, as Luke put it, "short-term depth." If he ends up centering the fourth line with Aho and Lindholm playing on wings, then can I get grumpy?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
One other thing, after the game, the Canes called up Patrick Brown for, as Luke put it, "short-term depth." If he ends up centering the fourth line with Aho and Lindholm playing on wings, then can I get grumpy?

Not only can you, I'll join in.

I'm not sold on Aho at C though. He looked ok, but so far, he's a vastly superior winger, which is what he's played virtually his whole career (other than the WJC). Lindholm looks better to me, although he has more hiccups defensively. Still, we are talking about 3(ish) games at C for Lindholm and 3 periods across 2 games for Aho. Not a very big sample. I'd personally like to see Lindy get more time at C and keep the Aho-Staal-TT line together.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
You're all right. I'm not going to complain. We're scoring goals and winning games, and I'm just going to be happy. But I still think BP is pretty hard-headed, and I don't think our scoring woes are 100% dead and buried.

Yeah... yeah I'm with you on this one Kev. Of all the players to be called up, it's Brown. I mean shit, I would have been happier with Clark f***ing Bishop. Not that I dislike brown but it just is what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->