Kings News: Kings training camp schedule; Group A and B

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I have been saying this all summer. No way DS and DL move a young player to his off wing to play opposite wing of a player of the same type, ie Carter. So Mike Richards and his numerous concussions plays between two goal scorers? Come on. That would mean in the Kings top 6 forwards only Brown is the really physical forward? That won't fly.

Penner, King and Clifford were the LW's last year for that line. What do they all have in common. Size.

I foresee Frattin and Carcillo competing for that spot. Carcillo is familiar with Richie/Carts and has played with them and Frattin has a lot to prove because this is his spot for the taking...he has the size, shot, skating, checking ability and skill.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I have been saying this all summer. No way DS and DL move a young player to his off wing to play opposite wing of a player of the same type, ie Carter. So Mike Richards and his numerous concussions plays between two goal scorers? Come on. That would mean in the Kings top 6 forwards only Brown is the really physical forward? That won't fly.

Penner, King and Clifford were the LW's last year for that line. What do they all have in common. Size.

I foresee Frattin and Carcillo competing for that spot. Carcillo is familiar with Richie/Carts and has played with them and Frattin has a lot to prove because this is his spot for the taking...he has the size, shot, skating, checking ability and skill.

Know what they also have in common? They were pretty much the only options we had throughout most of the season and that spot kept getting shuffled because they all sucked on that line. Frattin is the logical choice for that spot, but if Carcillo ends up there, that would be horrific

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Schultz is big but he plays like a softy. He is not a hard player to play against. Kings modo has been hard and heavy for many years, that is not Schultz, who has fallen out of favor with 2 coaches in Washington.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad