Confirmed with Link: Kings trade Nate Thompson and ARI 5th round pick to MTL for CGY 4th round pick in 2019

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
To better understand your point KPC, what do you think LA should have gotten in return for Thompson?

If Boyle lands a 2nd, McLeod lands a 7th, and Mezanec lands a 7th
If this were a question on your exam and they'd ask you" Where does Nate Thompson fit in?
What would your answer be?

I think picks anywhere between 4th to 6th would be appropriate

Now to the point of the many, how many of those picks make it to the NHL? 1% if that? mostly closer to 0% right?

So therefore, (and this is the part where I differ from the mass) WHO CARES!?

Well i do care, it's telling, every GM move is telling, from minor to extravagant deals

this turned into a Thompson only debate when my initial post was venting about how Blake sucks when it comes to trades

Cammalleri for Jokinen
Subban for Dowd
Gaborik Shore for Phaneuf Thompson
Rieder Wedgewood for Kuemper
Budaj for Andreoff
Hagelin for Pearson
Muzzin for 3 prospects

none of these deals panned out short term for Blake, they all sucked (Muzzin being his best one - and he still had to blink first - he blinked early on top of that)

some of you are impressed with his work, i have no issues with that
but i'm quickly seeing who's our new GOD in LA...

Now does this comment deserve to be looked down upon by these same culprits that overtook these boards? f*** no, calm down... I've criticized your God, breathe jesus breathe

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Vancouver "overpaid" with a 7th, considering all their goalies were injured and they had to bring in their OHL goalie as an emergency call-up. They literally had nobody healthy enough under contract for a game.

It was a fair trade. Just because it wasn't the return you wanted doesn't make it unfair. Or a fleecing.

i agree

there are situations where a good GM can exploit and have teams "overpay"

this is more in line with my point i am trying to make, thank you for this

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Many villages burned down when Blake traded Andy Andreoff for Peter Budaj. He should be burned at the stake for that one.

haha daft af man, very disappointed

but like i said i know you're just protecting your favorite former sharks player

all good my man!

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
My neighbor was arrested for domestic violence when he learned that Michael Cammalleri was dealt for Jussi Jokinen. In fact, I believe he posts in here, and I overheard him being outraged over this Nate Thompson trade. He may have kicked his dog over it.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
If this were a question on your exam and they'd ask you" Where does Nate Thompson fit in?

Now to the point of the many, how many of those picks make it to the NHL? 1% if that? mostly closer to 0% right?

Well i do care, it's telling, every GM move is telling, from minor to extravagant deals

this turned into a Thompson only debate when my initial post was venting about how Blake sucks when it comes to trades

Cammalleri for Jokinen
Subban for Dowd
Budaj for Andreoff
Hagelin for Pearson
Muzzin for 3 prospects

none of these deals panned out short term for Blake, they all sucked (Muzzin being his best one - and he still had to blink first - he blinked early on top of that)

Now does this comment deserve to be looked down upon by these same culprits that overtook these boards? **** no, calm down... I've criticized your God, breathe jesus breathe

I tend to agree with you that this is far from inspiring and sends the message to other GMs that Blake values asset low. However I cam going to play devils advocate here.

Cammalleri for Jokinen: Cammalleri was not working out and is skill set was not suited for bottom 6. Jokinen was a good bet to fit in better (correct me if I am wrong but was Jokinen not then flipped for future considerations?)
Subban for Dowd: No issues with this deal.
Gaborik Shore for Phaneuf Thompson: This was a great deal for LA last year. Gaborik was eating popcorn where as Dion could at least play. Thompson was a toss in for me but actually was a decent 4th line center.
Rieder Wedgewood for Kuemper: LA needed speed, Reider had speed.....ok I got nothing here this deal sucked but not like Kuemper was worth much anyway
Budaj for Andreoff : AA's time had run out and Budaj was brought over to mentor Peterson. So far that seems to be working fine.
Hagelin for Pearson: This deal is about cap space for next year and is still incomplete till Hagelin is flipped.
Muzzin for 3 prospects: This deal is incomplete till we know if Durzi and the 1st pan out.

Reactions: KingPuckChoo

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
some started to panic when the first iceberg started to melt
some would reply, it's just a freaking iceberg, look what you're standing on...ICE!!! gimme a break!

This is just a story

Reality is, if Blake can't even handle depth transactions, how the **** am i going to trust him with Carter Toffoli Kovalchuk?

Now remove the tags 4th/5th pick and Thompson for a second, just analyze the transaction

he gave $2 dollars and received 25 cents instead - notice i'm purposely using unimpressive figures to illustrate a point... yes it's freakin' Nate Thompson

I prefer to think of it selling a used Toyota Corolla for a down payment on a new Corolla this summer.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
i agree

there are situations where a good GM can exploit and have teams "overpay"

this is more in line with my point i am trying to make, thank you for this

It doesn't make you a good GM to bilk a team for a 7th rounder.

A good GM makes a trade both sides are happy with.

Blake is happy using Thompson to upgrading his 5th to a 4th.

MT is happy to downgrade from a 4th to a 5th to acquire an overpaid 4th liner pending UFA.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Cammalleri for Jokinen
Subban for Dowd
Budaj for Andreoff
Hagelin for Pearson
Muzzin for 3 prospects

Now does this comment deserve to be looked down upon by these same culprits that overtook these boards? **** no, calm down... I've criticized your God, breathe jesus breathe

And, I didn't think you could be worse, but holy shit, you topped it,

Cammalleri for Jokine is a bad trade??? Cammalleri wasn't fitting, Jokinen played a better role
Subban for Dowd....ummm...what?
Gaborik and Shore for Phaneuf and Thompson was a solid deal at the time
Reider and Wedgewood for Kuemper, you realize Kuemper was a UFA right and not coming back?
Budaj for Andreoff, ummm...what?
Perason for Hagelin....cap space, and flip, and wake up the locker room
Muzzin for 3 prospects, no wait, you actually take RYAN LAMBERTS take on it....hell you might was well go believe Eklund and every rumour he has, he has more credibility than Lambert

Seriously, just come out and say it, "I hate Blake because he made me cry as a kid when he left" that would be much more truthful than the bullshit you are posting now

Reactions: YP44

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
1) From Ryan Lambert's perspective (oh look i'm suddenly not alone in this world!)

"Case in point: The trade that brought Jake Muzzin to Toronto earlier this week for little more than three lottery tickets that probably won’t amount to much. “A first-round pick” is a nice thing to be able to talk about, but one that’s in the mid-20s doesn’t have as much value as you might think; it’s about twice as likely to produce a productive NHLer as one in the mid 60s, compared with a similar drop-off from, say, the fifth pick to the 25th.
The other two assets were frankly B-level prospects — one a forward and the other a defender — that very definitively were not Andreas Johnsson, Timothy Liljegren, or Kasperi Kapenen".

Muzzin trade shows the problem for this year’s sellers

This is where I pause for you to dig up some **** on how incredible Yahoo is or Ryan Lambert

please feel free to fill in this space: __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2) Even Blake's Brain thinks he didn't get fair value for Muzzin
As per McKenzie: McKenzie said that Los Angeles would like (i'm sure that's code for Blake) a first-round pick and a high-end prospect or young player.

So Blake went from HIGH END PROSPECT to 2 low to mid level prospects - he derailed very quickly from his ask

Again, some GMs won't budge, some will wiggle a little, some panic and cave - but as long as he has followers stating "well at least he did something!" then he's good

but once a few of you start jumping off Blake's dick, we'll revisit these posts and have a few laughs

NOW i'm done with you GoldenBoy

I just wanted to pop in to say....how the f*** is Lambert still employed?!?

And please don't use him as a source for anything unless you like ironically quoting The Onion.

I have read entire Lambert articles before thinking they were satire when they were dead serious.

Anytime your team trades away Scammalleri, it's a good trade.

Dean Lombardi is clapping somewhere.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
WTF? This thread is still going?

Really. Wait till Carter, Quick, or Martinez are traded and the return is far less than most people expect....the site will crash...posters will want Blake's head. I bet when they get a B prospect for Hagelin, the whole Pearson trade will be regurgitated for a week and that thread will reappear and go double the pages...and what a travesty it all was. Muzzin was the only tradeable asset other than DD, Kopitar or possibly Brown worth anything.

Blake got a 5th for a player that will not play here (Kubalik) and took that pick and Thompson and
got a 4th. Thompson not in the plans here and moved him and get apx $400,000 off the payroll rest of season, opening a spot for Lewis...which he was coming back and was probably going to play and is better than Thompson. At least Lewis does not take another younger players spot...and the 4th round, the Kings have drafted Wagner, Phillips and Anderson...they will get a decent player they want around 110 that fell for whatever reason. 4th round good for USHL, College, Euros.

And as Hagelin goes, to refresh and still not avoid dozens of posts...Pearson has not gone on to exactly excel on the Penguins, with 14 pts in 40 games. That's a 28 pt, 80 game season projection
on a pretty stacked offensively team. And he's minus 4. He's simply no longer a 2nd line player and as Blake deals these players, none of them are the players they were 3 yrs ago - Carter, Pearson, TT, Marinez, Quick...it's like people expect returns based on the level of play they were back then. It is what it is. So when Hagelin fetches a B level prospect or 4th rd pick, part of the final analysis is that Perason signed for 2 more years at 3.75 million was shed and that IS a big part of this deal...freeing up 3.75 million. Not worth spending 3.75 million on a 3rd line player. Fact. Leipsic is a better third line player than Tanner and can probably sign him for 1 mil. Better at causing turnovers and good on the forecheck, always an honest effort and a capable playmaker. Anyone failing to mention the 3.75 million over the next 2 years, and that Tanner has regressed to 3rd liner, missed the biggest part of the deal. And may be a reason we don't know that he was first to go, for that matter. The deal happened after Blake addressed / spoke with players, I believe.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
WTF? This thread is still going?

Exactly. Guys are losing thier shit over Thompson only getting a 4th and now has turned into Blake sucks as a GM. The guys on the Preds board must really be losing their minds giving up a 2nd for Boyle!

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I just wanted to pop in to say....how the **** is Lambert still employed?!?

And please don't use him as a source for anything unless you like ironically quoting The Onion.

I have read entire Lambert articles before thinking they were satire when they were dead serious.

Dean Lombardi is clapping somewhere.

Ryan Lambert has hated the Kings since they won their first cup. He was even more bitter when they did it again in 2014.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Ryan Lambert has hated the Kings since they won their first cup. He was even more bitter when they did it again in 2014.

Yea 2014 had to kill him, he's a huge Selanne fan.

Speaking of writers who hate the Kings, I wonder how Dater's stalking of McNabb is going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad