Kings to fire Karl "in coming days"

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Who do you think will be the replacement. The name I've heard was Corliss Williamson. He was mentioned in the past as well. He's with the team already as an assistant coach.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Who do you think will be the replacement. The name I've heard was Corliss Williamson. He was mentioned in the past as well. He's with the team already as an assistant coach.
Williamson is who it will most likely be, can't imagine they have someone lined up on the outside. They'll go search for a new permanent coach in the offseason. Just hope we stay away from Mark Jackson. Need to kidnap Thibs.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They somehow made this situation even worse now.

I don't see how. They're not a good team regardless of Karl's status and I think everyone knows he is going to be fired in the off-season at the latest. It's not going to fix anything just like it never fixed anything the last five or six times they've fired a coach.

If we lose to the 76ers, **** is gonna hit the fan.

Hey, the 76ers beat the Nets and the Nets beat the Kings. I think it's a given that that is what's going to happen. lol

The team is in turmoil. They just need to blow it up and start over and do it right. Trade the 'big three'. Fire Karl in the off-season. They need to pick up someone like Kris Dunn in the draft and get a more complete PG to run their offense and actually play defense. I like Rondo and he does a lot of things well but they need more out of that position than they get.

Sep 19, 2008
Anyone can be fired in this league. He was supposed to fix things

Him and Cousins never really got along

Shame because he's a good man. Kings havne't had a good coach since Adelman

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Anyone can be fired in this league. He was supposed to fix things

Him and Cousins never really got along

Shame because he's a good man. Kings havne't had a good coach since Adelman

There is no fixing the Kings as they are currently constructed...certainly not by a coach. There's a reason why Karl pushed to trade Cousins which was the real reason there's a divide between Cousins and Karl. However, there isn't going to be a coach that can both keep Cousins happy AND make this team into a winner. They don't have that kind of talent and they're not really dedicated to putting out the effort needed to play good defense.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't see how. They're not a good team regardless of Karl's status and I think everyone knows he is going to be fired in the off-season at the latest. It's not going to fix anything just like it never fixed anything the last five or six times they've fired a coach.

If you're going to do it, just get on with it. I don't think it's really fair to him or the team if you keep him around now. In recent days both Cousins and Rondo have taken some no-so-subtle shots at him in the media too. Just end it already.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If you're going to do it, just get on with it. I don't think it's really fair to him or the team if you keep him around now. In recent days both Cousins and Rondo have taken some no-so-subtle shots at him in the media too. Just end it already.

They're getting paid so it's fair and it's what comes with the territory. In Karl's case, he's not an idiot and he knew what he was getting into...or at least he should have. As for Cousins and Rondo, the Rondo comment to me is more damning of the players than it is of Karl if you're referring to the shootaround stuff. Cousins making comments implying the coach is the problem over the team and their defensive effort is not exactly surprising given the situation. I thought it was pretty telling that the players-only meeting they had led to one player saying he doesn't know what his role is and the teammates responding with to shoot 3's and play defense and that that is everyone's role except for Cousins and Rondo.

There is plenty of blame to go around for this dumpster fire but it should end with all of them going from top to bottom.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
DeMarcus Cousins is a coach killer. Sorry for stating the obvious but that guy is such a ****ing cancer.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
What does it take to satisfy the guy? Karl is what, his fifth coach in 6 seasons? And how long does the next guy they hire stay? Maybe a season and a half at best? That seems to be the trend w/ Sacramento.

At some point DeMarcus Cousins has to be considered part of the problem, right?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
In what way is he a coach killer?

In this case, I think it's fair to say he's attempting to be a coach-Karl killer more than anything. I don't know much about his relationships with coaches from the past in terms of public comments made but he's cursed out Karl in front of his teammates and made repeated comments publicly either explicitly blaming him or implied as such.

The only reason why DeMarcus will get slack on this issue is the simple fact that Karl has not been a saint either with relationships he has with star players since he's ran guys out of town before.

However, in this situation, both are problems that need to go. Divac probably has to go as well given his actions thus far in his position.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Now Karl's agent is asking for Bobby Jackson to be fired or suspended from Kings' broadcasts. :laugh:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
What does it take to satisfy the guy? Karl is what, his fifth coach in 6 seasons? And how long does the next guy they hire stay? Maybe a season and a half at best? That seems to be the trend w/ Sacramento.

The Kings were terrible and killing coaches long before Cousins came along.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver

Right, cause every coach hiring and firing was to satisfy Cousins. That must have been why they fired Malone, someone he got on really well with. Educate yourself.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Randin has hire/d and fired guys like no tomorrow.

Malone for one should have never been fired.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So the Kings making life miserable for Karl firing his assistant coach who was in charge of offensive side (The successful aspect of team)

I don't understand this desire to banish Karl ,, If anything banish any players who refuse to buy into his system

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->