Confirmed with Link: Kings sign Mikey Anderson to his 3 year ELC

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
JAD, 1st(Kupari) and Muzzin I believe

Nobody respected ever mentioned that as a return. Further, the trade makes absolutely no sense. If the Kings are intent on continuing to contend by trading for MAxPAc, why are they trading their number 2 dman? Even then, Muzzin had nearly as much value as MaxPac alone.

Most people mentioning that potential return were Habs fans.

Reactions: ricardfromage

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Nobody respected ever mentioned that as a return. Further, the trade makes absolutely no sense. If the Kings are intent on continuing to contend by trading for MAxPAc, why are they trading their number 2 dman? Even then, Muzzin had nearly as much value as MaxPac alone.

It was JAD, Muzzin and the Akil Thomas pick, not the first rounder. Muzzin was included for the cap hit, as they intended to acquire Pacioretty AND sign Kovalchuk.

It would have been monumentally stupid, and honestly it has tainted my view of Blake since. Its been hard to give him the benefit of the doubt knowing just how much damage that deal would have done.

You can choose to believe it or not, but that was the deal on the table.

Reactions: ricardfromage

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
It was JAD, Muzzin and the Akil Thomas pick, not the first rounder. Muzzin was included for the cap hit, as they intended to acquire Pacioretty AND sign Kovalchuk.

It would have been monumentally stupid, and honestly it has tainted my view of Blake since. Its been hard to give him the benefit of the doubt knowing just how much damage that deal would have done.

Where did you hear this rumored trade? Also, where are you getting the plan to trade for MaxPAc and also sign Kovalchuk? and are you seriously saying that Muzzin was included as a cap dump now?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Sure. Link?

The beef most people have with it is that's being reported as fact when it's nowhere to be found.

It can taint your view of Blake and the signing of Kovy that summer is unfortunately consistent with that philosophy BUT i take it with a huuuuuge grain of salt given no one reputable wanted to tie their name to anything concrete. It's fair to worry that he was willing to give up any assets and sign a contract with MaxPac but to write the terms in pen isn't.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'm not saying I believe any of these links, but just wanted to reiterate the things I've read:

The Canadiens went to Max Pacioretty on Saturday before the draft started with a trade offer from the Los Angeles Kings with a contract extension included. Pacioretty obviously said no and then changed agents. believes Pacioretty would be okay with going to the Kings but wants to make up some money from his previous deal, but the Kings can’t fit that much in.

It was denied that Jake Muzzin was part of the potential Pacioretty deal.

NHL Rumors: Tavares, Pacioretty, Kings, Hurricanes, Jets, Panarin, Sabres, Zucker, Blues and Kings

Kypreos said Montreal has inquired about forwards like Tanner Pearson and Tyler Toffoli, which would be consistent with earlier reports that general manager Marc Bergevin was seeking an established scoring forward as part of the return for Pacioretty.

“I’m not sure if that gets it done, but at least a first-round pick would be out there involved, and perhaps L.A.’s first pick last season – 11th overall, Gabe Vilardi — is out there as well. Perhaps he might be the piece that gets the deal done," Kypreos said.

Los Angeles Kings team reporter Jon Rosen threw water on that fire though, reporting that Los Angeles had expressed little interest in parting ways with Vilardi, whom the Kings selected in the first round of the 2017 NHL Draft.

NHL Trade Rumors: Kings reportedly interested in Canadiens' Pacioretty

It is also curious because Pacioretty rejected a deal that would have sent him to the Los Angeles Kings prior to the NHL Entry Draft in June.

“The deal was done,” said a source familiar of the negotiations. “Max got a call from (general manger Marc Bergevin) telling him that he had been traded to the Kings. But the trade was conditional on Max signing a long-term deal with L.A.”

The trade evaporated after Pacioretty said he wasn’t willing to sign an extension. There was a time element involved because Los Angeles’ first-round pick (20th overall) was part of the return to Montreal.

Canadiens captain Max Pacioretty rejected trade to Kings, source says

“The belief is that there was a deal in place with the Los Angeles Kings for Max Pacioretty, and that it didn’t get done because there wasn’t the ability to get a contract extension done,” McKenzie told TSN Radio Montreal 690. “And obviously complicating things was that, as I understand it, the contract offer that Pacioretty got went through his agent, Pat Brisson, on Friday and by Saturday morning, Max Pacioretty had changed agents, and had gone to Allan Walsh.

Draft day deal to send Pacioretty to Kings fell through - TSN.ca

6. Sometime before Round 2, Montreal went to Max Pacioretty with a trade offer from the Kings. An extension was included. It was time-sensitive, because 2018 draft picks were included. Pacioretty said no, and switched agents to Allan Walsh. Can it be revived? Not sure. I do think the Kings considered adding two scorers, not stopping with Ilya Kovalchuk. But the issue is going to be Pacioretty’s next contract.

I do believe he would like to play in Los Angeles, but would also like to make up for what he left on the table with the Canadiens. LA can’t fit that. Pacioretty is upset and the Canadiens are upset, so even though word was they may keep him now, that’s going to be awkward if it happens. GM Marc Bergevin will revisit this, maybe depending on who misses their target on July 1.

7. There were rumblings Jake Muzzin was part of the Pacioretty trade, but that was denied. The Canadiens are believed to have inquired about Carolina’s Victor Rask.

31 Thoughts: All eyes on John Tavares during UFA interview period - Sportsnet.ca

So it sounds an awful lot like Muzzin wasn't involved, it likely was LA's 2018 second round pick (Akil Thomas), and that the Kings weren't interested in trading away Vilardi.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

Canadiens captain Max Pacioretty rejected trade to Kings, source says... there’s plenty more out there.. the deal changed when the Kings where up to draft but it was indeed an awful trade had it happened.. There was also a TV clip during the draft where one of the announcers mentioned it in TV and just like the Lucic trade...it sounded bad

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I don't see Muzzin mentioned anywhere in that article.
There are others above my post.. the trade even went through changes pre and post 1st round..
Muzzin was mentioned, I wish I could remember the stupid telecast where it was mention..
This was before Blake really lost his mind and supposedly offered some combination of Muzzin, Toffoli and our 1st(Turcotte) for Nylander but it was said TML wanted Clague? So there was also that rumor

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Marc: "Any interest in Pacioretty"
Rob: "Maybe, we'd need an extension in place"
Marc: "lemme ask his agent"
Agent: "nah he don't want LA"
Marc: "nevermind Robbo"
Agent to random blogger: "yeah we said no to an extension on trade to LA"
30 bloggers: "BLOCKBUSTER FALLS THROUGH"
HF posters 3 years later: "The deal was Vilardi, Muzzin, 1st, Kate Beckinsale, 14 priuses, and a chicken tender that looks like Vermont. Blake's a moron."

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don’t know - if one of the worst things we can hang on Blake is a trade that never happened, I think we are doing ok.

Yeah pretty unfair unless posters also want to execute DL for swinging and missing on Brad Richards amongst other things.

Sometimes the best trade is the one you don't make and that's not always your 'choice' anyway.

Marc: "Any interest in Pacioretty"
Rob: "Maybe, we'd need an extension in place"
Marc: "lemme ask his agent"
Agent: "nah he don't want LA"
Marc: "nevermind Robbo"
Agent to random blogger: "yeah we said no to an extension on trade to LA"
30 bloggers: "BLOCKBUSTER FALLS THROUGH"
HF posters 3 years later: "The deal was Vilardi, Muzzin, 1st, Kate Beckinsale, 14 priuses, and a chicken tender that looks like Vermont. Blake's a moron."

I swear to god no one ever listens to Montreal fans until they get a chance to execute blake for it then all of a sudden Xx69Pacioretty420xX is the most credible dude on the internet

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
There are others above my post.. the trade even went through changes pre and post 1st round..
Muzzin was mentioned, I wish I could remember the stupid telecast where it was mention..
This was before Blake really lost his mind and supposedly offered some combination of Muzzin, Toffoli and our 1st(Turcotte) for Nylander but it was said TML wanted Clague? So there was also that rumor

The links above your posts clearly say that Muzzin was never involved, further they seem to clarify that the 1st was not involved either. The first link says that Muzzin was not involved. The second link says Toffoli/Pearson and Vilardi, with the Kings saying Vilardi wasn't involved. The third link mentions that potentially the Kings first round pick(Kupari) was involved. the 4th link doesn't mention return. The 5th link implies that the 2nd round pick was involved and clarifies that Muzzin was not involved.

So, it seems like nobody really knew what the actual potential return was, but it was clear that Muzzin and Vilardi were not involved.

Also, where are you getting the Muzzin, Toffoli and an unprotected 1st for Nylander from? That one seems even more outlandish. Why would Blake not offersheet him?

Reactions: funky

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

r u m o r

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Havent seen a couple games lately, only highlights. Aside from his 1st goal, how has Mikey been since his call up

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Havent seen a couple games lately, only highlights. Aside from his 1st goal, how has Mikey been since his call up
From what I’ve seen - he looks very calm out there, seems to make the correct outlet passes and does not looks out of place. I’ve been very impressed with his play so far.
With Anderson, Roy and Walker playing well with the big club and Toby due to come up soon (last few games this year/start with club next year), our defense is looking promising.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
If you watched Mikey in the post game press conference at the podium, the kid exudes leadership for a 20 year old. Already a two-time NCAA champion. He will wear a letter for this team someday.
his voice also trembles and squeaks from excitement.. These kids are bringing much needed passion back to the Kings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad