Confirmed with Link: Kings sign Lizotte - 3 year entry deal

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
reports directly to the kings too, that's cool

gonna be able to get a few workouts in with the vets before the offseason i assume

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I wouldn't hold out much hope of a guy who didn't make any of the lists for the top College FA's to even be much more than lint on the roster but there is always a chance. I think it's funny that they list him at 5'9 when he is a legit 5'7.

Then again, he outscored teammate and Mtl #1 pick, Ryan Poehling by 11 points. If Lizotte never makes it, nothing lost. The Reign need skill up front for sure.

Reactions: crassbonanza

member 88115

Awesome, hope they start sitting the vets (Carter and Forbort wink, wink) and play the kids more often

KingsCup1214

Jun 4, 2015
One reason he may not have been on any lists, despite a reportedly fairly good skill set is he is young, only a 21 year-old sophomore. Many may have assumed he would return for his junior year so they did not include him in this years list.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dynamic offensive talent. Good skills and skating, excellent vision. Not a big guy, but came away from a lot of SCSU games impressed. Thought he&#39;d be sticking around at St. Cloud for another year, but no issue with him taking advantage of interest. Intriguing talent. <a href="LA Kings on Twitter">LA Kings on Twitter</a></p>&mdash; Chris Peters (@chrismpeters) <a href="">April 2, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I wonder if the Kings guaranteed him a few NHL games right off the bat as a way to entice him to sign. As I recall Dean did the same thing with Piskula.

eleventy

Conditioner goes first
Jul 4, 2007
Isn't it clear to everyone why he was signed? His name is Blake..

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Good organizational depth signing. Definitely some turnover coming on the Reign, and the forward talent is depleted in ONT. Moulson moving on, Amadio with the big club, unknown if Maillet or Sutter are returning. Reign need center's desperately. Hopefully they can bring in Lukas Craggs also, a forward that plays with an edge.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
The best place to succeed. Jeff Carters line. Haaaaa!!!!!

Pearson died on Carters line. 0 goals 17 games (now has 8 in last 18 in Van)
Toffoli died on Carters line.
Leipsic died on Carters line (I think Carter has yet to thread him a nice pass)
Kovalchuk died on Carters line

Lizotte should possibly request to go straight to The Reign and take over a line, instead of having to debut on Carters line.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
He kind of getting snoozed on here lately? Hasn't he had a decent enough camp?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

Snoozed on? He’s been good. Middle six guy, small but doesn’t stop. He’s like a grittier Leipsic. He deserves playing time more than some of the vets, but we will see how effective he is when the score counts.

Reactions: lakai17

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Not in the slightest, all the praise just hasn't been in this thread.

He's been one of the most noticeable players on the ice, no matter what line he is on, and he won his spot early in camp, it was wild.

Reactions: Statto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad