Confirmed with Link: Kings Sign Edler - 1 Year/3.5 Per

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Yeah, I’m perfectly fine with him as a bottom pair, roughly 18 minutes a night. Maybe have him play some PP.

Good team player who will help the young guys.

One year is ideal.
He's going to be amazing as a bottom pair vet, and can easily fill in on any pair for a few games.
But you dont want him anywhere near the PP anymore, just dont overplay him every single night like a top pair dman and watch him be steady af.

Look at tanev in cgy, and very likely Schmidt in wpg....

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He's going to be amazing as a bottom pair vet, and can easily fill in on any pair for a few games.
But you dont want him anywhere near the PP anymore, just dont overplay him every single night like a top pair dman and watch him be steady af.

Look at tanev in cgy, and very likely Schmidt in wpg....

*todd mclellan has entered the chat*

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Thankfully Edler lived in western Canada. There was zero chance he randomly ran into Drew Doughty at a local Ontario rink over the summer and said hello once. He’s given the Kings no excuse to retry the Olli Maata experiment.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
One year stop gap but a million times better than Maata. Love it.
I hate it when someone like Maatta becomes the wiping boy! Nothing wrong with Olli! Plus not sure why Blake signed Edler to tell you the truth other than to be a mentor for young Bjornfot! That means the Kings have 10 D-men vying for 7 spots...Clague won't pass through waivers so they might as well trade him to the Seattle Kraken! Maybe take some of the many forwards we have on the bubble and package the lot I guess

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
People in Vancouver were carving up Edler same as the Kings were doing to Maatta!And Edler spent his whole bloody career there! That's gratitude for you

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Let us not forget that Vancouver was an absolute train wreck last season... not only heading off the cliff but with the locomotive on fire then causing an explosion heard 'round the league.

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad