Confirmed with Link: Kings Sign Cal Petersen

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
This is funny stuff. Me too. That just tells you how poor quality audio recording was back then in combination with TV speakers.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
It's happened, I'm not particularly surprised. Pretty much every fan base gets upset/rejected when this happens. Devils are probably going to have a 5th rounder Alex Kerfoot go the free agent route on August 15th. I'm already prepared to ignore the main board posts if/when he does sign.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
yeah, well consider Peterson made the USA World Championship Team, backing up
Hellebuyck and Jimmy Howard. Pretty impressive. All NHL players except for 3.

http://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/show/3317596-2017-u-s-men-s-national-team

USA Hockey usually invites a couple college guys every year for the WCs. My personal conspiracy theory is that a few people involved not so covertly want to get a look at certain potential UFAs against better competition to get a better gauge. Alex Lyon was the 3rd string goalie a couple years ago. Team USA also had Daniel Brickley who probably will be next year's new hotness undrafted NCAA free agent (could've signed this offseason but decided to return to school).

I think Chris Drury and Bill Guerin were the co-GMs for USA this year but got input from Lombardi, Bowman, Shero, Poile, among others.

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
USA Hockey usually invites a couple college guys every year for the WCs. My personal conspiracy theory is that a few people involved not so covertly want to get a look at certain potential UFAs against better competition to get a better gauge. Alex Lyon was the 3rd string goalie a couple years ago. Team USA also had Daniel Brickley who probably will be next year's new hotness undrafted NCAA free agent (could've signed this offseason but decided to return to school).

I think Chris Drury and Bill Guerin were the co-GMs for USA this year but got input from Lombardi, Bowman, Shero, Poile, among others.

Yes, that makes sense. I appreciate your posts, insight and vast wealth of knowledge over the years.
Geez, do you have a day job? True in that Peterson can be marginal AHL guy, or become an NHL starter. Just glad they appear to have signed him and bringing in a high calibre propect with tremendous upside.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Yes, that makes sense. I appreciate your posts, insight and vast wealth of knowledge over the years.
Geez, do you have a day job? True in that Peterson can be marginal AHL guy, or become an NHL starter. Just glad they appear to have signed him and bringing in a high calibre propect with tremendous upside.

Shhhhh, they might hear you. :D

Something enjoyable about following prospects for me. Went to the draft last weekend and that was the fourth one I've attended. You can find me Where's Waldo style in this photo with Mikey Anderson meeting Blake/Luc: http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...r-being-selected-103rd-by-picture-id800592280

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The vast majority of these prospects won't work out. But it's better than doing nothing, and leaving the pool empty.

Lombardi lost sight of keeping the prospect pool stocked.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The vast majority of these prospects won't work out. But it's better than doing nothing, and leaving the pool empty.

Lombardi lost sight of keeping the prospect pool stocked.

Hard to keep the prospect pool filled when you trade away all the water year after year. He was blinded by the win now mode.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Literally our best signing of the day . I'm very excited about having this kid in the organization , everyone thinks very highly of this kid and they say he has elite potential.

Petersen
Vilardi
JAD
Clague

Our prospect pool looks little better now

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
Literally our best signing of the day . I'm very excited about having this kid in the organization , everyone thinks very highly of this kid and they say he has elite potential.

Petersen
Vilardi
JAD
Clague

Our prospect pool looks little better now

so true!
and Iafallo was one of the best players in rookie camp. speed, skill, smarts.
Imama seems to be a great addition too.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
so true!
and Iafallo was one of the best players in rookie camp. speed, skill, smarts.
Imama seems to be a great addition too.

Watson & Wagner aren't slouches either

Agree , we might have very little elite level prospects but we do have some quality potential NHLers and an underrated prospect pool. I really think Amadio,Clague,Villardi,JAD,Wagner,Watson,Moverare,Iaffalo,Petersen,Imama,Kempe,Brodzinski,Ladue will make it into and be in the NHL in some capacity. Serviceable players and potential to play on all lines for some of these guys. Not bad . Just have to let them develop and provide skill , hunger and speed into our lineup.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I didn't realize Buffalo had such vast salt mining operations.

I hate that loophole as much as anyone, but for a guy many Buffalo fans were nonchalant about before, that's an excessive amount of hatred, even if it's just an extremely vocal minority.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I didn't realize Buffalo had such vast salt mining operations.

I hate that loophole as much as anyone, but for a guy many Buffalo fans were nonchalant about before, that's an excessive amount of hatred, even if it's just an extremely vocal minority.

Yeah, who the **** tells ANYONE, let alone a 22/23 year old athlete who didn't want to sign with them "break both your legs. Hope you never play an NHL game"?

Obviously a stupid minority of Kings fans would do the same if things were reversed, but that's just disgusting no matter what team you cheer for.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Yeah, who the **** tells ANYONE, let alone a 22/23 year old athlete who didn't want to sign with them "break both your legs. Hope you never play an NHL game"?

Obviously a stupid minority of Kings fans would do the same if things were reversed, but that's just disgusting no matter what team you cheer for.

You sure they weren't just offering him twice as much luck?

After all the NHL is somewhat of a stage. :)

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Sorry about the bump. I didn't find a thread about him.

Now that Quick has played like shit and Campbell could get traded for a return. Do you guys see him getting any games with the big club this season?

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Sorry about the bump. I didn't find a thread about him.

Now that Quick has played like **** and Campbell could get traded for a return. Do you guys see him getting any games with the big club this season?
Yes, I think it’s all but guaranteed. Even if quick and Campbell remain on the team, one of them will be injured at some point (had not to assume quicks going to have a groin issue eventually) and Cal will be called up and play a few games at least.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Canuck fan here. Just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to seeing this goaltender on your roster. Petersen was lights out against Vancouver last year. I really liked his athletic ability, and his highlight reel saves. I feel like he is really underrated as a prospect around the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad