Proposal: Kings/Sabers

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Buffalo wouldn't do that, and I don't see why they'd want Cracknell, if they wanted him so much he could've been signed when he was a UFA, and why would the Kings just trade a guy they recently signed before he even shows up to camp?

This is such a lopsided idea in favor of the Kings without taking any thought into consideration as to how Buffalo benefits from it. The father/son bond isn't that beneficial for them.

Captain Mittens*

You would have been castrated if you posted this on the trade board. You were wise to post it here

What is the point of a deal like this? To bring in Andreoff? I so don't understand this fascination with needing to get rid of NHL players to make room for prospects. It is the conundrum of HF Boards. The future is always better than the present.

I have an idea. If Andreoff is an NHL player and is better than Nolan/Clifford, he'll come into training camp and earn a spot on the roster. They can then trade or waive Clifford/Nolan. And that is exactly what would happen. DL isn't gifting any young guy a spot. Nor should he.

Captain Mittens*

I have an idea. If Andreoff is an NHL player and is better than Nolan/Clifford, he'll come into training camp and earn a spot on the roster. They can then trade or waive Clifford/Nolan. And that is exactly what would happen. DL isn't gifting any young guy a spot. Nor should he.
Please don't use logic or reasoning on these boards. There is no place for it

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
To Buffalo
Nolan & Cracknell
Nolan Gets to play for his Dad, Cracknell for Kicks

To Los Angeles
M. Foligno @ %50 retained
also allows us to bring up Andreoff

Just throwing this out there

I haven't been looking for it, but I haven't seen any comment about Nolan wanting to play for dad or dad wanting his son on his team. Did dad ever coach Jordan at any level? If he didn't that is telling since outside of the NHL Ted had a large selection of jobs he could have taken, especially at the junior level.

And as Ziggy said, we just signed Cracknell, why would we trade him? He signed with us on July 1 because he felt we were a good fit and vice versa, I doubt he wants to go to the worst team in the league from last season.

Foligno is 22, I doubt they deal him for a 25 and a 29 year old at this point in the rebuild, not to mention he's the best player in the deal and has a good chance to get better. Last season was actually a poor showing for him and he still easily outpaced both Nolan and Cracknell.

Lastly, wasn't Cracknell on waivers last year? Why didn't Buffalo just grab him then since everyone knows they needed the bodies and they had first dibs on everyone that came across the waiver wire all season.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
What is this 24/7 fascination about having Andreoff on the team about? This roster is set. He needs to earn a spot. It won't be gift wrapped for him like most want.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I don't even think Andy is better than Nolan....He might get under peoples skin better than Nolan/Clifford.

But Andy is not bigger than Nolan(about same size as Clifford), not that much more skilled, not a better fighter than Nolan (personal opinion). Not faster, Nolan/Clifford are speedy for bigger guy's.

Certainly Andy is not as experienced Clifford/Nolan.

Andy will have to earn his spot. Andy is being handled how Clifford should have been developed.

Last edited:

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
There's room for Nolan, Clifford and Andreoff on the roster if Andreoff earns a spot. No one has to be traded and Cracknell was probably signed with Manchester in mind.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I don't even think Andy is better than Nolan....He might get under peoples skin better than Nolan/Clifford.

But Andy is not bigger than Nolan(about same size as Clifford), not that much more skilled, not a better fighter than Nolan (personal opinion). Not faster, Nolan/Clifford are speedy for bigger guy's.

Certainly Andy is not as experienced Clifford/Nolan.

Andy will have to earn his spot. Andy is being handled how Clifford should have been developed.

Andreoff isn't an agitator.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
What is this 24/7 fascination about having Andreoff on the team about? This roster is set. He needs to earn a spot. It won't be gift wrapped for him like most want.

Because people fear giving him up for nothing.

I don't agree, if he can't make the team then slap him on waivers and if someone claims him fine, but what are we missing if he does go on waivers and is claimed? He's a solid player but he'll max out as a bottom six forward who can hit and play 10-15 minutes a game. The guy is worth a 3rd at best in a trade but I won't lose one minute of sleep if he is grabbed on waivers. Same with Clifford and Nolan for that matter. It sucks but it's reality of having a good team, same as when Detroit was to loaded for Kyle Quincey and we claimed him. There's a price to pay to be on top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad