KINGS RUMOR FOR NO 1 PICK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Absolutely no way in hell the Kings are trading Byfield, Turcotte, and Vilardi for a winger. I would stake my life on it. They go from the best center depth in the league to the worst in a single deal.

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
3 centers for Laf? That’s potentially an entire first line for AL. If they do this we all will regret it. For a long time.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Talk about click bait. That is NOT what Lisa Dillman said. Good lord. The entire premise of the article is would the Rangers listen to trade offers and it's mostly about Brian Burke lamenting that nobody trades up/down high in the 1st round anymore. The context is which teams have the ammunition and could position themselves to potentially make a valid trade offer. Ottawa was also mentioned because they have the 3rd and 5th overall.

This is the perfect example of shit that gets thrown out there and people just run with it when they butcher the context of an article written behind a paywall. Then you're going to have dumbasses say, see LA insiders don't know jack shit. What does Lisa Dillman know? Bob McKenzie is the only source!

Last edited:

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
lol, wut?

Sounds like total BS. LA would regret such a trade for a long time. This is the type of offer that would have to be made for the Rangers to consider moving the pick though. An overpayment that is just stupid.

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
Talk about click bait. That is NOT what Lisa Dillman said. Good lord. The entire premise of the article is would the Rangers listen to trade offers and it's mostly about Brian Burke lamenting that nobody trades up/down high in the 1st round anymore. The context is which teams have the ammunition and could position themselves to potentially make a valid trade offer. Ottawa was also mentioned because they have the 3rd and 5th overall.

This is the perfect example of shit that gets thrown out there and people just run with it when they butcher the context of an article written behind a paywall. Then you're going to have dumbasses say, see LA insiders don't know jack shit. What does Lisa Dillman know? Bob McKenzie is the only source!
No shit that’s why it says Rumor.

Claiming it’s what she said.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Utter tripe.

Here's Dillman's Athletic article. It's very telling that the author there is scared shitless to link to her.

'They've got to listen' – Could the Kings trade up for the No. 1 pick?

She never even approached mentioning the trade in the OP.

I'm all for a discussion about trading up/around, but this is even worse than baseless speculation--it's intentionally hiding behind a paywalled-article from a reputable author's reputable name to peddle clickbait.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->