OT: Kings Retro Jersey Question

chimrichalds18

the key
Apr 17, 2007
philadelphia
Hey everyone.

Flyers fan here -- and Kings fan for obvious reasons. Wanted to get some advice before I make a purchase. Where's the best place (online) to get a custom yellow/purple Kings jersey? Don't want to spend toooo much money, but I know you have to pay to get good stuff. homeroadjerseys.com has a good deal, but it seems like it's too good to be true.

Appreciate any input. Pulling for you guys again. Thanks.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hey everyone.

Flyers fan here -- and Kings fan for obvious reasons. Wanted to get some advice before I make a purchase. Where's the best place (online) to get a custom yellow/purple Kings jersey? Don't want to spend toooo much money, but I know you have to pay to get good stuff. homeroadjerseys.com has a good deal, but it seems like it's too good to be true.

those are definatley fake.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
i was thinking about what kind of reaction carter and richards will get next year in Philly. I imagine it will be boo's. However I don't think it woul be just as the players committed to spend the careers there, and got traded against their will.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Hey everyone.

You know what they say about something that seems too good to be true. Those are all fake jerseys. I see a lot of people wearing these fake jerseys at Kings games, and while I can fully understand people wanting to save money, it just looks like a cheap imitation.

Also, the purple vintage jerseys are set to become our thirds next year, so I would expect Reebok to actually come out and release them for sale. Right now you can't get them other than buying game used jerseys. I would wait and save up some money in the mean time.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
You know what they say about something that seems too good to be true. Those are all fake jerseys. I see a lot of people wearing these fake jerseys at Kings games, and while I can fully understand people wanting to save money, it just looks like a cheap imitation.

Also, the purple vintage jerseys are set to become our thirds next year, so I would expect Reebok to actually come out and release them for sale. Right now you can't get them other than buying game used jerseys. I would wait and save up some money in the mean time.

I have been given three knock off kings jerseys and I hate when they come up in the rotation.
One is a brown jersey where the crest is way too big, second is a doughty that is done pretty good but there is no white under the arms (dead give away), and the third is a Kopitar White and Purple era. Big problem is that the colour is Blue...like leafs blue so it's not even close.
I will admit I bought the kopi one..piss off was it wasn't even cheap. Triedn complaining but did nothing. the website does not even exist anymore.
Sticking with malls from now on.

RonSwanson*

those are definatley fake.

Gretzky%20Los%20Angeles%20Kings%2099%20Purple%20NHL%20Cheap%20Replica%20Jersey-700x530.jpg

:facepalm:

Gretzky%20Los%20Angeles%20Kings%2099%20Yellow%20Vintage%20NHL%20Cheap%20Replica%20Jersey-700x530.jpg

Gretzky%20Los%20Angeles%20Kings%2099%20White%202011%20NHL%20Cheap%20Replica%20Jersey-700x530.jpg

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
The only place to get the Reebok edge retro jersey is from MeiGray and they want a small fortune for them.
The CCM are real retro jerseys, just not what is used now so any player from now put on it would not be accurate.
The best bet is to wait until next year and buy a Reebok one because the retro jersey is becoming the third jersey so they should be avail at reasonable prices.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Hey everyone.

20130417_104638.jpg

20130417_104655.jpg

Just got this bad boy in the mail yesterday. If you are looking for an old yellow/purple jersey, than you want to go to sportsk.com. Actually, you probably want to go there for any jersey you want. Good prices, accurate delivery times and everything is stitched as opposed to ironed-on.

If you want the current vintage jersey which is purple/yellow, than you will need to cross your fingers that Reebok puts them out next season because they are not available. The ones you are looking at are fake. The uninformed won't notice but myself and many others will look upon the jersey with derision. Just not worth saving $100 over.

RonSwanson*

20130417_104638.jpg

20130417_104655.jpg

Just got this bad boy in the mail yesterday. If you are looking for an old yellow/purple jersey, than you want to go to sportsk.com. Actually, you probably want to go there for any jersey you want. Good prices, accurate delivery times and everything is stitched as opposed to ironed-on.

If you want the current vintage jersey which is purple/yellow, than you will need to cross your fingers that Reebok puts them out next season because they are not available. The ones you are looking at are fake. The uninformed won't notice but myself and many others will look upon the jersey with derision. Just not worth saving $100 over.

I got my jersey from sportsk, and I agree, those are well done.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I got my jersey from sportsk, and I agree, those are well done.

I now have two jerseys from them but also ordered two for my parents, a toddler one and referred three other orders. Always great quality and customer service while generally being cheaper than the other legitimate sites like icejerseys and rivercitysports.

River City was the joint back in the 90s when the exchange rate worked in our favor.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
SACRILEGE!!!

I don't want to see Gretzky's name on any of the classic or current jerseys. The Kings advanced past the 2nd round once in all the time he was here. Turns out he was fools' gold.

I think you're relying too much on a few stats to base your judgment on Gretzky's influence here. It's perfectly fine seeing his name on the correct (90's era) jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad