Confirmed with Link: Kings Re-Sign Kempe

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It looks like he'll settle in well short of his ceiling, but that's still a very good deal for a versatile, fast, pissy middle-six guy. Three years should tell us exactly what he's worth too. But by the overly-general "one million per 10 points" rule, that's great.

Reactions: KingsFan7824

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Obligatory "Our Swedish Prince!" post, required by my avatar. I hope - like we all do - that he breaks out this year.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
He's an RFA just as the contracts of Brown and Carter end.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
In three years, we should get a better idea if Adrian is a Swedish stud or a Swedish meatball. He has breakout potential, but we also said that year after year about Pearson and Toffoli and both left us wanting more.

Reactions: Kings Rule

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
impossible not to like. Worst case scenario he drops off and most of his salary can be buried, and I do not think most of us think that will be likely.

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Definitely a show us what you got deal. Fair for both sides. We'll know for sure in 3 years what his future is with this team.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Solid deal, I like the 3 years because it sends the message that Kempe isn’t going anywhere right away.

Give this kid 18 minutes a night at 2C with Grundstrom and Toffoli, and the Kings will have a sleeper second line.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Solid deal, I like the 3 years because it sends the message that Kempe isn’t going anywhere right away.

Give this kid 18 minutes a night at 2C with Grundstrom and Toffoli, and the Kings will have a sleeper second line.
Yeah Kempe and Tofolli, a winning combo like McDavid and Lucic or Bure and Odjick. Might as well tie a hundred pound rock around Kempe’s waist and have him play 5 on 4.

Reactions: yankeeking

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I actually think you put Kempe with the 2 Russians Right now I think hes got the closest skill set to them Not sure on how Prokhorkins is on draws but him and kempe could switch off

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Gotta put him in a position to flourish. The problem is you also need to put guys like Carter, Kovalchuk and Toffoli in positions to flourish as well to up their trade values not to mention a guy like Porky to make sure he sticks. Only 6 spots in the top 6 and 7 guys who need to play there. Plus borderline guys like Grundstrom.

Kopitar
Brown
Carter
Kovy
Toffoli
Kempe
Prohorkin

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Gotta put him in a position to flourish. The problem is you also need to put guys like Carter, Kovalchuk and Toffoli in positions to flourish as well to up their trade values not to mention a guy like Porky to make sure he sticks. Only 6 spots in the top 6 and 7 guys who need to play there. Plus borderline guys like Grundstrom.

Kopitar
Brown
Carter
Kovy
Toffoli
Kempe
Prohorkin

Now that we have a three-year deal with Kempe I think the priority is get the guys going that you want to trade so you can move them out ASAP for a good price, because you will have another two years of Kempe guaranteed still. Unless this hurts Kempe's chances of going to the next level.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Yeah Kempe and Tofolli, a winning combo like McDavid and Lucic or Bure and Odjick. Might as well tie a hundred pound rock around Kempe’s waist and have him play 5 on 4.

I’m not bullish on Toffoli because he has gotten progressively worse at finishing. But he did show good play driving stats last year, so he has the best chance at a bounce back season than any player other than Doughty or Kopitar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad