Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in CHL/College/Europe Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I think OHL guys are Byfield, Kaliyev, and Chromiak. Not sure if I missed someone, but I'd rather have Byfield and Kaliyev stay in the NHL, practice with the team, play the odd game a week and maybe get a conditioning stint in the AHL, and wait for the OHL season to end.
Maybe Chromiak can go back to Slovakia and play but I'm not sure.
With no contact simply skating with the Kings and not playing would be better for their development. Waste of time the OHL...
Europe must be considered at this point. If needed Sweden or Finland would be my strong preference as their games translate the best, but let’s see. Both Kaliyev and Byfield will have a chance to make the big club...

Token

May 15, 2019
Looks like Djurgården is shut down for a couple weeks on account of The Rona, so no ice for Björnfot.

Så många spelare har coronasmittats i Djurgården: "Jobbar hela tiden"

Magic of Google Translate:

Last week, Djurgården announced that five players had been infected with covid-19, of which four players were barely noticed by any symptoms. That figure has risen slightly.

- We have had seven players who have tested positive, says Joakim Eriksson.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Why did he get a penalty? Looked like a clean hit to me.

I was thinking the same thing but you know hits nowadays, if it looks bad it's a penalty. Totally clean in my books. But at least they are allowing contact I guess.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
In The Athletic today, Scott Wheeler projects his picks and lineups for the major 2021 World Junior teams (Canada, USA, Sweden, Finland, and Russia). Seven Kings are on his list:
  • Canada: Byfield, Spence
  • USA: Kaliyev, Turcotte
  • Sweden: Bjornfot, Grans
  • Finland: Simontaival

Just in case anyone wonders if some are missing, he didn't list the other countries at all--like Slovakia, for example.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Could hypothetically Byfield be traded to a team in the Q? I’m not sure it’s possible being different leagues and all but man the OHL is going to suck this season if they have one.

I don't think a guy can get traded to another league. There have been instances of a guy switching leagues but he'd have to go on waivers unclaimed in his original league. Mike Hoffman switched from OHL to QMJHL but that was an offseason transfer.

Reactions: King'sPawn

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I don't think a guy can get traded to another league. There have been instances of a guy switching leagues but he'd have to go on waivers unclaimed in his original league. Mike Hoffman switched from OHL to QMJHL but that was an offseason transfer.

This is correct.

In a similar fashion, Claude Giroux was undrafted in the O but then went on to play in the Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad