Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in CHL/College/Europe Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Another shift by Chromiak and creates some another opportunity for his Linemates..end of the second period...all told Chromiak has played 6-7 shifts,3 of which were on the PP,generated 3 pretty good chances

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Andys is taking over.
AbUJ.gif

Reactions: ru4reals and Lt Dan

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
That's it for me folks going to play hockey on the door pond down the road...its like minus 16 Celsius,that's like 3-4 degrees Fahrenheit
So when I left after the 2nd period Chromiak had generated several scoring chances and played 6-7 shifts to that point

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Caught the last 17-18 minutes of the Malmo RedHawks and Oskarshamm game Feb 18th,2021. Helge Grans saw time on the PP but spent the remainder of the game on the bench as Malmo got the lead and protected it,winning 3-2! The Malmo Defense is quite a veteran laden squad with only Grans and 2003 draft hopeful Anton Olsson as the under 19 youngsters! Still Grans is second in scoring for the defense,but has an ugly minus 15!He's signed for Malmo until 2021-22.Hopefully LA can get him over for Rookie/Development camp so they can work with young Grans!Malmo only has 5 D-men signed for next season so that's a plus!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Caught the last 17-18 minutes of the Malmo RedHawks and Oskarshamm game Feb 18th,2021. Helge Grans saw time on the PP but spent the remainder of the game on the bench as Malmo got the lead and protected it,winning 3-2! The Malmo Defense is quite a veteran laden squad with only Grans and 2003 draft hopeful Anton Olsson as the under 19 youngsters! Still Grans is second in scoring for the defense,but has an ugly minus 15!He's signed for Malmo until 2021-22.Hopefully LA can get him over for Rookie/Development camp so they can work with young Grans!Malmo only has 5 D-men signed for next season so that's a plus!

Yeah it's like Dergachyov...if they're not going to be playing and developing him--which they have no obligation to do, really--he's better off leaving (from a dev standpoint).

Reactions: andys

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

This is a video I think does a good job assessing Grans's game. He probably really needs a few years to develop. Does a lot of good things but his pivoting and defense definitely needs a lot of improvement. Hopefully if and when he comes over these things can be fixed. He's got time, and is a few years away but I think the Kings are doing a great job not going to rush any of these young kids.

Reactions: andys

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020

Reactions: andys and tbrown33

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If Grans ends up being a Brent Burns I'm good with that. haha.

He brings something we don't have a ton of and that's offense from the back end.

Kinds surprising how few offensive d-men we have in the org.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
This is a video I think does a good job assessing Grans's game. He probably really needs a few years to develop. Does a lot of good things but his pivoting and defense definitely needs a lot of improvement. Hopefully if and when he comes over these things can be fixed. He's got time, and is a few years away but I think the Kings are doing a great job not going to rush any of these young kids.

Ideally like to have Grans play 3 years in Sweden providing he's getting 14-16 minutes per game otherwise a move here to Ontario would maybe a better route! I saw him briefly in some games and yes his Defense needs work as does his Strength! He's a youngster with a lot of Offensive potential just needs work to round up his game...I'm wishing he makes it to the NHL Kings along with all the Swedes and Prospects...We can call the LA Kings the "Juha Widing" (Tre Kroner),Mattias Norstrom,Tomas Sandstrom Kings!

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
If Grans ends up being a Brent Burns I'm good with that. haha.

He brings something we don't have a ton of and that's offense from the back end.

Kinds surprising how few offensive d-men we have in the org.
Just from seeing the Ontario Reign this season I would say that most of the Defense is offensive,just not good enough all round game for LA except Clague at this point! Wish they could find a real shut down guy for their Defense...but I see light in Grans and Spence...they are Offensive and Faber is that Defensive guy.Hope the Kings don't rush him unless he's crushing it at U Minnesota...Sorry off-topic again

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Drew Doughty was a center til he was like 13.

Not that it's in anyway relevant. Just felt like chiming in.
It is relevant in that it shows it can be done. Being converted forwards means they see the game in a different way than other D men, which brings plenty offensively. When Doughty first arrived he had a lot of offensive ability and further upside, but he improved mostly on the D part of his game evolving to become arguably the best (defensive)”
D man of his generation.

So whilst expecting Grans to develop like DD is unrealistic, it’s perfectly reasonable to believe his defense can significantly improve. If we can get Grans to a level where he’s a NHL quality player based on his D alone, without negatively impacting his offense, we will have one hell of a player.

Reactions: cyclones22

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Ideally like to have Grans play 3 years in Sweden providing he's getting 14-16 minutes per game otherwise a move here to Ontario would maybe a better route! I saw him briefly in some games and yes his Defense needs work as does his Strength! He's a youngster with a lot of Offensive potential just needs work to round up his game...I'm wishing he makes it to the NHL Kings along with all the Swedes and Prospects...We can call the LA Kings the "Juha Widing" (Tre Kroner),Mattias Norstrom,Tomas Sandstrom Kings!
Juha Widing was my favorite King back in the day.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Dukla Trencin plays DVTK Jegesmedvek in less than an hour. I didn't know Hungary had a team in the Slovakian league Tipos Liga...Checked and the city is quite close to the Slovakian border and cities
ChromiakPP.jpeg
Chromiak 2.jpg

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Chromiak goes in on a 2 on 2 chance puts a great pass towards linemate for a decent scoring opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad